What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

As far as I know this is the first very clear close-up image of the CATOBAR-capable J-15T; IMO most likely the prototype no. 571.

(Image via Xavier Vavasseur / @xaviervav at Twitter)

J-15T first clear image.jpg

Here'S the video

Last edited:
This is another surprise ... so far J-15s have only been seen with numbers between 01 and 24 after the Batch 01 & 02 aircraft have been renumbered and no. 31-35 for the latest Batch 03, this J-15 however clearly carries the no. 62.

(Image courtesy of SSJ via Huitong's CMA-Blog)

J-15_62.jpg

J-15 with catapult launch would mark the first advanced avionics flanker that could effectively take off from carrier on high payload. Having AESA, powerful WS10 engines with max payload of 17,000lb and internal fuel 18,000lb beats US equivalent F/A-18E/F and retired F-14A/B on speed and range. Apart from air to air and anti-ship roles, the J-15 might add FLIR pod for air to ground search and destroy role allowing PLAN to support country at war on the other side of globe such as South America and middle east.

... allowing PLAN to support country at war on the other side of globe such as South America and middle east.

Oh please... the PLAN will never fight a war "on the other side of globe such as South America".

Oh please... the PLAN will never fight a war "on the other side of globe such as South America".

Haven't you heard of dangerous militants and separatists forces that kill innocents and attacked a country? If China has EMALS carriers and J-15 with working air to ground capabilities and an ally that has weak military being attacked by deadly merciless militants, you think China won't help with air strikes at all? UN peacekeeping forces can be seen deploying carriers sending fighters to provide air strikes to aid friendly countries.

For example, Philippines on good term with China and they have deadly militants in the south that often kidnap, behead innocent civilians in the country and neighboring coutries. PHL air force is too ill equipped and doesn't have aircraft that could really perform precision strike. In future when PLAN has EMALS carrier and J-15B, I won't be surprised to see J-15B carrying out air strikes for Philippines. It saves lives of Philippine civilians and soldiers as well as they don't have to get in too close into gun range. There was once an entire commando platoon being mercilessly killed by Abu Sayyaf guerillas in ambush marking the worst casualties from the campaign. You want to say irrelevant on this and give me another warning on purpose for replying to your question? I have reported you to admin by the way.

Haven't you heard of dangerous militants and separatists forces that kill innocents and attacked a country? If China has EMALS carriers and J-15 with working air to ground capabilities and an ally that has weak military being attacked by deadly merciless militants, you think China won't help with air strikes at all? UN peacekeeping forces can be seen deploying carriers sending fighters to provide air strikes to aid friendly countries.

For example, Philippines on good term with China and they have deadly militants in the south that often kidnap, behead innocent civilians in the country and neighboring coutries. PHL air force is too ill equipped and doesn't have aircraft that could really perform precision strike. In future when PLAN has EMALS carrier and J-15B, I won't be surprised to see J-15B carrying out air strikes for Philippines. It saves lives of Philippine civilians and soldiers as well as they don't have to get in too close into gun range. There was once an entire commando platoon being mercilessly killed by Abu Sayyaf guerillas in ambush marking the worst casualties from the campaign. You want to say irrelevant on this and give me another warning on purpose for replying to your question? I have reported you to admin by the way.

Can you please simple stop with that BS?

First you are are talking about the PLAN fighting a war "on the other side of globe such as South America" and now you are even more mixing South America with "dangerous militants and separatists forces" against "Abu Sayyaf guerillas"!

Are you crazy?? Do you even know for what type of missions the J-15 was built, where South America is an where Abu Sayyaf guerillas operate?? The PLAN will never ever fight any guerrillas with a carrier battle group in South America and even less with J-15s. This is as ridiculous like your last claims made from a fan-boy's sketch of the alleged J-35 prototype, you can clearly identify TVC-nozzles or by you analysis made of the faked 003 demo module, China would run the serial production of Type 003 carrier.

Do me a favour ... READ, THINK and then only write, and if you only would like to write such BS, then better leave it or at least give an explanation and don't take it again as a personnel offence and start to insult others.

OMG, grow up man and stop with this off-topic BS.

Can we please stop derailing threads with this hypothetical political talk? This is the J-15 thread ... not the what happens if China decides to intervene on behalf of the Philippines to take out militants thread. The job of UN peacekeeping forces is not to launch offensive measures (e.g. airstrikes); they are not just defensive but are there for the sole objective of keeping peace.

Can we please stop derailing threads with this hypothetical political talk? This is the J-15 thread ... not the what happens if China decides to intervene on behalf of the Philippines to take out militants thread. The job of UN peacekeeping forces is not to launch offensive measures (e.g. airstrikes); they are not just defensive but are there for the sole objective of keeping peace.

Check earlier replies, it was Deino who started derailing by asking further that I have to provide him examples. It was stated on local and regional news that PLAN wanted nuclear powered aircraft carriers with EMALS complete with multirole J-15B, J-35, WZ20, AWACS, tankers for global fleet operations protecting interest and allies far away even on the other side of globe. It's part of the reason why more amphibious assault ships are being built. Also I read newspaper and magazines military articles mostly because these paid subscription provided more details than those free online news from west.

From Henri Kenhmann at East Pendulum on 2020.12.20:

AN ARTICLE published on 14 December by SAC Shenyang Plant 112 confirmed that
production of new J-15 continues.

Recent videos on the aircraft carrier CV-17 Shandong showed that an aircraft registered as 62 was taking off. We do not know the meaning of this number, however.

Why wouldn't it? The US regularly states that it would militarily support its allies in the western Pacific, why wouldn't China fight to support future allies in South America? Although at that point in time, I would hope the J-15 had been retired from service.

Why wouldn't it? The US regularly states that it would militarily support its allies in the western Pacific, why wouldn't China fight to support future allies in South America? Although at that point in time, I would hope the J-15 had been retired from service.

Since at least - by my understanding - China and the PLA, esp. the PLAN won't be active in any out-of-area actions like the proposed one. IMO China will surely intervene within the Indian Ocean up to the African coast but never within my lifespan further into the Atlantic and South America's coast, end even if, it will never fight guerrilla warriors with J-15s.

But now he once again managed to drivel the discussion so much off topic ... let's stick to the J-15 and its likely operations, and not into such fantasies.

Back
Top Bottom