What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

hull number is NOT always in numeric order

Oh please ... you did not even read my post properly or still lack an understanding of the numbering system. I never referred to the hull or bort number and as such NOT to the serial number but to the construction number. And if you would know all Batch 01 and 02 aircraft - which are confirmed for all 24 J-15 - and add this one 0311 - aka aircraft no. 11 within batch 03 - you get the number 35. 😉

Oh please ... you did not even read my post properly or still lack an understanding of the numbering system. I never referred to the hull or bort number and as such NOT to the serial number but to the construction number. And if you would know all Batch 01 and 02 aircraft - which are confirmed for all 24 J-15 - and add this one 0311 - aka aircraft no. 11 within batch 03 - you get the number 35. 😉
oh please ... you did not even read my post properly; I said it doesn't work; those number NOT tell exact number of manufactured aircrafts; nobody knows exact number of manufactured aircrafts except for government 😉

oh please ... you did not even read my post properly; I said it doesn't work; those number NOT tell exact number of manufactured aircrafts; nobody knows exact number of manufactured aircrafts except for government 😉

But it is a difference if you turn down any right away without even considering the method it used to come up to this number or if you argue?

From East Pendulum tweeter

En image, le 34e chasseur embarqué J-15. Les 12 élèves pilotes de J-15 de la 12e promotion vont bientôt terminer leur FCLP sur piste et passeront ensuite la qualification à l'appontage. L'aéronautique navale chinoise compterait entre 55 et 70 pilotes J-15 d'ici fin 2020.

In pictures, the 34th J-15 on-board fighter. The 12 J-15 student pilots of the 12th class will soon finish their FCLP on track and then pass the landing qualification. China's naval aeronautics would have between 55 and 70 J-15 pilots by the end of 2020.

EllfS7NU4AAEH1M.jpg

New Batch of Chinese J-15 Fighter Pilots Pass Qualification Test
A new batch of pilots for China's aircraft carrier-based J-15 fighter jets have recently passed a stringent qualification test after receiving training under a new pilot training model developed by the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy.

From Henri Kenhmann at East Pendulum on 2020.11.08:

A new class of at least 12 J-15 pilots successfully obtained the certificate of fitness for successful landing on the aircraft carrier Liaoning CV-16 yesterday.

This is a priori the 12th promotion since 2009, with the particularity that the pilots have been trained and not "transformed".

Number of Pilots Being Certified vs. Number of Certified Pilots Needed - East Pendulum 20201108.png

From OedoSoldier on 2020.11.06:

PLA Navy, a pilot of a carrier-based fighter trained from the initial zero, has acquired aircraft carrier qualification certification. All previous pilots were former land-based fighter pilots.

The pilots certified this time are carrier-based fighter pilots who have been trained from scratch for those recruited from high school graduates in the early days of the PLA Navy.

Last edited:
How much similarities are there in J16 and J15 in avionics, sensors and weaponry?

How much similarities are there in J16 and J15 in avionics, sensors and weaponry?
I doubt anyone can give you a detailed answer as this information is largely classified, but think of the difference between early batch of F-16 in Pakistan air force and the latest F-16 Pakistan is getting from USA.

J16 is half a generation more advance than J15, it is also much more heavier.

I doubt anyone can give you a detailed answer as this information is largely classified, but think of the difference between early batch of F-16 in Pakistan air force and the latest F-16 Pakistan is getting from USA.

J16 is half a generation more advance than J15, it is also much more heavier.
Agree but as rumors of J15B is as power with J16 following its NDA

Back
Top Bottom