What's new

ShengYang J-16, China's "bomb truck"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I think that china also needs to make a serious decision very fast---. It is running on borrowed time in the south china seas---.

It needs to have a serious heart to heart with pakistan---and the priority list must have strengthening the air force.
What if PAF don't want? We can't shove fighters to PAF if they don't ask for. When it comes to SCS, USA never win a war against a country with population over 50 millions in a conventional way.Just take it easy.

Last edited:
What if PAF don't want? We can't shove fighters to PAF if they don't ask for. When it comes to SCS, USA never win a war against a country with population over 50 millions in a conventional way.Just take it easy.

Hi,

The war is with India----not with the U S.

no no sir it has not intermediate stealth characteristic nor it is intend to air superiority it is more toward air to ground role
Unlike other flankers J-16 is an intermediate stealth fighter and it is a multi-role fighter just like Rafale or F-15E which can be used for both air superiority and strike roles.

Last edited:
Lets suppose that J-16 would have Chinese engine(equivalent or superior to the engine of Su-30) with thrust vectoring nozzle then can Chinese sell us J-16 ?
@Horus @The Eagle @Quwa @Bilal Khan 777 @Oscar @ACE OF THE AIR @Windjammer @MastanKhan @Manticore

I was asking this because other than engine all components of J-16 are Chinese. If PAF or PN could get their hand on this fighter then this would be a game changer. J-16 is an intermediate stealth fighter due to which it eliminates the disadvantage of easier radar detection which mostly large fighters have and this would also add a greater punch to its air superiority capabilities. It has insane payload. So lets suppose that if all the components of J-16 are Chinese then is J-16 still bound to the agreement between China and Russia about Chinese flankers ?
@Horus @Quwa @The Eagle @Oscar @Windjammer @Manticore @Bilal Khan 777 @ACE OF THE AIR

Apologies for a late reply....

If it has to be this way like PAF may ever think to procure from China, then it has to be J-16. Indeed this plan provides not just the capability of bomber but an air superiority fighter to the some extent as well. J-16 should be preferred over JH-7 due to its capabilities more than bomber/heavy and many other reasons as @MastanKhan Sahib intended as well.

Rest about its availability then it is all about diplomacy and representations of application. I don't want it to be turned into a political debate but one thing for sure, most of our top elite is failed in the area of diplomacy and always approached a tilted policy towards US or West, indeed luxuries took over National Security.

Pakistan-China can talk about availability of J-16s and things can be done in good manners but the key is TALKS and that needs a decent mouth and an intelligent/working brain from our end which may know how to speak and keep in view the National Security as well rather than defending the corruption. Currently, we are in desperate need of a person/group that can talk and we all will see good things happening. Men in uniform cannot turn every diplomatic venue in our favour but diplomats needs to play their rule and right now due to their incompetency, where there are talks about defence procurement, they always put the burden upon the shoulders of Uniformed personnel and they does the best that they can.

IMO, it could be like, hey, lets sit Pak-China & Russia and talk about the need. Not the need of ours but we all are needy like, someone is in need of money and land rout, the other is in need of friend indeed and the one is in need of toys so based upon all these needs, everyone knows in the group that things could be worked out and that's what to be hoped.

What if PAF don't want? We can't shove fighters to PAF if they don't ask for.
If our military officials admitted that they are interested in Su-35 then what makes you think that we aren't interested in J-16(if it is available IN SAH ALLAH) ?

Apologies for a late reply....

Indeed this plan provides not just the capability of bomber but an air superiority fighter to the some extent as well.
Sir I don't get it. J-16 should provide complete air superiority not to some extent. I believe that currently J-16 is China's best fighter in terms of air superiority. Can you please elaborate on J-16's air superiority capabilities and compare its air superiority with Su-35 ?
@MastanKhan @Quwa

If our military officials admitted that they are interested in Su-35 then what makes you think that we aren't interested in J-16(if it is available IN SAH ALLAH) ?

Sir I don't get it. J-16 should provide complete air superiority not to some extent. I believe that currently J-16 is China's best fighter in terms of air superiority. Can you please elaborate on J-16's air superiority capabilities and compare its air superiority with Su-35 ?
@MastanKhan @Quwa

My dear, as far as I know, you can call J-11 as an air superiority fighter but J-16 is a multi-role, 2 seated fighter (something like F/A 18 E/F Super Hornet) though due to its weapon carrying capability, it can be utilized as an air superiority while carrying PL-12 and PL9 AAMs as well. The rest, you can search about.

Seniors can tell the best.

However, if possible through talks, it would be a great addition for long range, heavy, bomber and air superiority purpose.

Lets suppose that J-16 would have Chinese engine(equivalent or superior to the engine of Su-30) with thrust vectoring nozzle then can Chinese sell us J-16 ?
@Horus @The Eagle @Quwa @Bilal Khan 777 @Oscar @ACE OF THE AIR @Windjammer @MastanKhan @Manticore

The aircraft is a licensed produced Flanker with majority Russian parts received in Kit. It has happened before, where we have received licensed produced Mig 17, Mig 19, and Mig 21 from China. The twin engine aircraft fit the Chinese CONOPS of long range maritime strike eagle, but are an overkill for Pakistan, for now.

I was asking this because other than engine all components of J-16 are Chinese. If PAF or PN could get their hand on this fighter then this would be a game changer. J-16 is an intermediate stealth fighter due to which it eliminates the disadvantage of easier radar detection which mostly large fighters have and this would also add a greater punch to its air superiority capabilities. It has insane payload. So lets suppose that if all the components of J-16 are Chinese then is J-16 still bound to the agreement between China and Russia about Chinese flankers ?
@Horus @Quwa @The Eagle @Oscar @Windjammer @Manticore @Bilal Khan 777 @ACE OF THE AIR

It is a Russian Flanker with parts received from Russia, and under a deletion and reverse engineering program.

Almost all the pics in OP are fakes and PS so do not pay much attention to that. However despite that, there is no doubt that J16 have an impressive payload and will turn out to be one hell of a strike fighter.

The twin engine aircraft fit the Chinese CONOPS of long range maritime strike eagle, but are an overkill for Pakistan, for now.
Sir with all due respect i disagree with you about this part. We need deeper penetration into enemy's territory while maintaining air superiority. Flankers have maintenance hurdles but since J-16 is Chinese then maintenance won't be a hurdle for us(only). If I am wrong then please enlighten me.
@Quwa @MastanKhan

My dear, as far as I know, you can call J-11 as an air superiority fighter but J-16 is a multi-role, 2 seated fighter (something like F/A 18 E/F Super Hornet) though due to its weapon carrying capability, it can be utilized as an air superiority while carrying PL-12 and PL9 AAMs as well. The rest, you can search about.
I am sorry, I thought that you were saying that the air superiority capabilities of J-16 are less than of J-11 or other Chinese air superiority fighters/multi-role fighters.
However, if possible through talks, it would be a great addition for long range, heavy, bomber and air superiority purpose.
I agree it is a perfect fighter for our navy and even air force.

Sir with all due respect i disagree with you about this part. We need deeper penetration into enemy's territory while maintaining air superiority. Flankers have maintenance hurdles but since J-16 is Chinese then maintenance won't be a hurdle for us(only). If I am wrong then please enlighten me.
@Quwa @MastanKhan

I am sorry, I thought that you were saying that the air superiority capabilities of J-16 are less than of J-11 or other Chinese air superiority fighters/multi-role fighters.

I agree it is a perfect fighter for our navy and even air force.

Hi,

When I came to the U S in 1983----in the first month---if someone had given me a ticket to fly back---and if I did not have to face the humiliation from family and friends---I would have gone back.

Change is very difficult---. No one wants change---they want to stay with the known. That is what my colleague Bilal Khan is mentioning---.

Paf is so used to its aircraft---it fears change---. The biggest fear is to those who believe that the F16 is a god---. Fear is that what if their beliefs are shattered.

You kids know very well about the PAKISTANI EGO---you would rather let them die than to help or apologize---that is what the pakistan air force is.

@MastanKhan @Quwa

Hi,

The J16 is more known for its strike capabilities and wild weasel capabilities. I still have the JH7B as a baseline for strike and electronic suppression---but off course the next step up would be the J16 and the next up would be SU34's.

Hi,

When I came to the U S in 1983----in the first month---if someone had given me a ticket to fly back---and if I did not have to face the humiliation from family and friends---I would have gone back.

Change is very difficult---. No one wants change---they want to stay with the known. That is what my colleague Bilal Khan is mentioning---.

Paf is so used to its aircraft---it fears change---. The biggest fear is to those who believe that the F16 is a god---. Fear is that what if their beliefs are shattered.

You kids know very well about the PAKISTANI EGO---you would rather let them die than to help or apologize---that is what the pakistan air force is.
I am not saying that we should replace F-16 with J-16 but our navy's ROSE Mirage with J-16. Both F-16 and J-16 can work together.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here.

1. No Chinese Flanker will export. Granted, this agreement between Russia and China is not legally-binding, but given the existing market (the PLAAF) and the relative low importance Beijing places on exports, this rule will hold for now.

2. The J-16 is a multirole strike fighter in the same league as the F-15SG, albeit with secondary air-to-air capabilities.

3. The "best" air superiority fighter (aside from the 5th generation) will be the J-11D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom