What's new

Sheikh Rasheed injured, four killed in gun attack

Inna Lilla Hai Wa Inna Ellaihi Raji'oon

May Allah give sabar to their families who was martyred in this incident. I personally don't like Sheikh Rashid but feeling worried for him afterall he is also one of the leading politician in Pakistan and such incidents damage the image of Pakistan in western world.

First Benazir, then couple of other senior politicians and now him.

I feel sorry for affectees

No word on the extent of his injuries yet.

Initially they were saying that he received a bullet in his leg but then that changed into injury from a slip that he had during the firing. Still the channels are showing unconfirmed reports for both the scenarios.

I think one and only true politicians, who started journey as politician from college life. A true politician. Any political debate without him is very dry. Hope he recovered from injuries soon.
Those who know him in his circle, still love him as good person.

Shaikh Rasheed Ahmed had LOUDLY put the responsibility on Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif of Pmln Pakistan for today's assassination attempt on him.

This is terrible!

4 poor guys have died without a reason. i hope this was not a stunt to gain sympathies by Sir Sheikh!

He dont deserve to be called "Sir". Wt he did for the nation?

He was one of them who supported operation Lal masjid, where number of innocent children and women killled.

oops !! i am feeling pretty sad about the attitude of people here during election days.

May be he did himself to get people support.

May be "N" or "Q" League did that or may be one of the people of Lal masjid did that.......

Shaikh Rasheed Ahmed had LOUDLY put the responsibility on Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif of Pmln Pakistan for today's assassination attempt on him.

If Mr Nawaz Sharif did that, then I feel that he havent learnt any thing after his exile.
But one thing I want to say....these politicians have no heart to feel others pain......how many people suffered more severe pain when their loved ones killled in Lal Masjid operation and how much the pain was when innocents were kidnapped from their homes from Sindh and Bolchistan like Dr Affia, and wt was these MNA's were doing.....they were only supporting those acts.......he dont deserve to hijack Pindi once again.

He was supporting that party that runied Pakistan respect and dignity.
His pain is little then the pain of those who lost their love ones in his tuneor

b00d21d492f11ebe8616550eb3025434.jpg

Last edited:
Whoever is responsible for this attack has not just causes distress for few families but all of us as a nation.It's high time for us to unite against such conspiracies. Lets not blame one another for this and more such events...!

He dont deserve to be called "Sir". Wt he did for the nation?

He was one of them who supported operation Lal masjid, where number of innocent children and women killled.

Let us not bring Lal Masjid into every thread.

It was a tragic event but those in the Lal Masjid were also acting as a well armed gang.

You tell me what innocent children and women were doing in the midst of an armed conflict?
The same women and children were wielding dandas and going here and there threatening the immoral people...who authorized them and gave them the right to wield danda on others and pass on holy judgment?
I understand condemnation and peaceful protests but danda wielding women and children are not something i can digest as an innocent moral choice.

Was the government keeping the innocents in the Masjid forcibly despite the tense and volatile situation or were the Maulana and his family conveniently and deliberately hiding behind others?
It was a classical case of human shields just as a hijacker hides behind passengers...does it mean that no action be taken?
Best way out is negotiation but sometimes it fails when both parties are not willing to budge.

The person responsible for starting it all was caught fleeing in a Burqa before the operation and yet he and his wife are still talking about revenge and Jihad!!!

I understand that the Lal Masjid affair is a tragedy and many questions are to be asked of why it was not resolved in another way but let us then not blame everything solely on the government as well...the coward who left so many people in the masjid while starting all of it should have been hated by all as much as they condemn the government (if not more) but he roams free now and has the audacity to justify himself and his actions.

Having said all this, Sheikh Rashid is a likable fellow and does care for people in his constituency...he is one of the better guys in our politics but of course is not the model of perfection and has made mistakes.

Nawaz Sharif arranged attack on Supreme Court when it was in session hearing a case which could have disqualified NS (then PM). PML (N) is again in control of Punjab and the police. You will see that the assassins will never be caught. Even if they are, they would be released on the orders of Shahbaz Sharif. (The mob attacking Supreme Court had been bussed from Lahore and SB was Chief Minister even then).

All it goes to show is that the political mafia in Pakistan, regardless of which party it belongs, is vindictive and ruthless. These people would kill, kidnap and rape to remain in power. Why don you think PML (N) celebrated the end of Nazims? Because now they can control all districts thru a gov’t employee (Deputy Commissioner) who takes orders from the Chief Minister, thus PML (N) can manipulate election and maintain their hold on Punjab.

Let us not bring Lal Masjid into every thread.

It was a tragic event but those in the Lal Masjid were also acting as a well armed gang.

You tell me what innocent children and women were doing in the midst of an armed conflict?
The same women and children were wielding dandas and going here and there threatening the immoral people...who authorized them and gave them the right to wield danda on others and pass on holy judgment?
I understand condemnation and peaceful protests but danda wielding women and children are not something i can digest as an innocent moral choice.

Was the government keeping the innocents in the Masjid forcibly despite the tense and volatile situation or were the Maulana and his family conveniently and deliberately hiding behind others?
It was a classical case of human shields just as a hijacker hides behind passengers...does it mean that no action be taken?
Best way out is negotiation but sometimes it fails when both parties are not willing to budge.

The person responsible for starting it all was caught fleeing in a Burqa before the operation and yet he and his wife are still talking about revenge and Jihad!!!

I understand that the Lal Masjid affair is a tragedy and many questions are to be asked of why it was not resolved in another way but let us then not blame everything solely on the government as well...the coward who left so many people in the masjid while starting all of it should have been hated by all as much as they condemn the government (if not more) but he roams free now and has the audacity to justify himself and his actions.

Having said all this, Sheikh Rashid is a likable fellow and does care for people in his constituency...he is one of the better guys in our politics but of course is not the model of perfection and has made mistakes.

Very well said Sir. Lal Masjid was full of well armed terrorists who fought PA Commandos for two full days. Unfortunately, the bigoted anchors such as Hamid Mir have deliberately spun the news to show Musharraf in a bad light. The coverage totally ignored what Lal Masjid mob did before the event and made saints out of the enemies of the state.

Unscrupulous politicians such Nawaz Sharif were quick to use the coverage to their advantage. It shows how malicious newsmen can misuse their position and create an impression which has little to do with reality.

This would be similar to the theoretical situation where land mafia takes possession of your house and refuses to vacate despite all peaceful efforts. However, when you use force to evict them; media splashes the news on front pages claiming that you are making innocent people homeless. Thus the wronged ones appear to be
guilty but the real villains portrayed as the victims. One of the 'Cons' of the independent media, used to full by the bigots of the Urdu media.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom