What's new

Sheikh Rasheed injured, four killed in gun attack

He dont deserve to be called "Sir". Wt he did for the nation?

He was one of them who supported operation Lal masjid, where number of innocent children and women killled.

Lol...

i dont exactly like the guy. i called him Sir in sarcasm. But what wonders me now is that how can he bother you if he supported the Lal Majid operation to kick out the terrorists who threatened to suicide bomb the entire country?

This is very sad my condolences to all who died in the incident..........but MR.Shaikh Rasheed Ahmed is not a child he just doesn't wana loose this election at any cost some1 think PLM N got a hand into this is biggest MORON around here..... PMl N who already said atmosphere for elections was not good in the country but shaikh sab was going carzy on this decision in all the t.v channls anyways this is something no1 wants to see very bad for him but also 4 the country rapo....

Last edited:
Hes a very important person in the Pakistani Political dynamics ..!

Attack on Sheikh Rashid final step of confirmed loser: Taseer

RAWALPINDI: Governor Punjab Salman Taseer has termed the attack on Sheikh Rashid was the last card of a defeated gambler while the people of Rawalpindi would take the revenge of attack through ballot papers.

The Governor Punjab visited Lal Haveli to inquired after Sheikh Rashid’s health and offered Fateha Khawani for his three companions who were killed in the attack.

Talking to media after meeting with Sheikh Rashid, the Governor Punjab condemned the attack and said that Sheikh Rashid was a Federal level leader while he has directed the Chief Secretary Punjab to send a written report of this attack.

He said that the culprits of attack on Sheikh Rashid could have been arrested but they were provided a safe way to flee the crime scene. He said that attack on Sheikh Rashid was an attempt to delay the elections of NA 55 but the attempt was foiled. He said that the services of Sheikh Rashid for the people of Rawalpindi were obvious.

In response to a question, Sheikh Rashid said that the Punjab Special Branch and Police personnel were involved in the attack while he had informed the Punjab Government several times that few without number plate vehicles were followed him and his life was in danger but the government did not paid any attention while the CCPO said that he could not do anything without the orders from high level.

He said that Punjab Government was not in favor of bi elections in NA-55 on account of security reasons but he has got permission from the Supreme Court. He said that CCPO Rawalpindi Rao Muhammad Iqbal was the blue eye of Chaudhary Nisar Ahmed while he expressed his concerns over the investigations. He said that the attackers were hiding their faces while he has no personal enmity with any one.

ONLINE - International News Network

I wonder Nawaz Sharif use to waste no time while condolonce with the affected , but didnt saw him giving any statement or any activity on his behalf ... SAD and such incidents only fuel bad political culture ..!

Sheikh Raheed can kisssssssss my behiindddd, damn frickin looser. What's up with that fake wig ? Time for real politics.

He dont deserve to be called "Sir". Wt he did for the nation?

He was one of them who supported operation Lal masjid, where number of innocent children and women killled.

‘Attack may have link with Lal Masjid episode’
Wednesday, 10 Feb, 2010 Supporters surround Sheikh Rashid Ahmed at the Rawalpindi district hospital after the former government minister was injured in an attack in Rawalpindi.—Reuters Pakistan
Sheikh Rashid survives gun attack, three others killed Sheikh Rashid survives gun attack, three others killed LAHORE: The Punjab government has confirmed that Awami Muslim League chief Sheikh Rashid was the ‘target’ in an attack at his vehicle outside his party office in Rawalpindi on Monday, and said the incident might have a link with the Lal Masjid episode.

Responding to a question by Opposition Leader Chaurdhry Zaheeruddin about the investigation into the firing case, Law Minister Rana Sanaullah informed the house on Tuesday that initial findings confirmed Mr Rashid was the target of ‘terrorists’.

He said a case had been registered on the complaint of Sheikh Rashid and a joint investigation team comprising officials of ISI, IB and police had been constituted to probe the matter.

The minister further revealed the law enforcement agencies got a lead that could help establish a link between the Lal Masjid and Monday’s incident.

“I do not want to indulge in the debate whether security was provided to Mr Rashid or not. However, the government will ensure maximum security for him,” he said.

Rana said the Rawalpindi RPO had been directed to talk to Sheikh Rashid and take action against those responsible for the security lapse, if any. He said the provincial government would also provide security to the candidates contesting the by-elections. He said the house condemned the terror incident and expressed solidarity with the AML chief.

Mr Zaheeruddin demanded calling the army or rangers to hold the by-polls. “If army can be called for detecting ghost institutions and meter reading, why not for holding elections,” he asked.

Rana Sanaullah responded that calling army was a prerogative of the Election Commission of Pakistan.

Zaheeruddin also complained about involvement of a PML-N leader (Chaudhry Nisar) in posting and transfers in order to influence election in NA-55.

DAWN.COM | National | ?Attack may have link with Lal Masjid episode?

The above was published in today's Dawn. Since you appear to be a great sympathizer of Lal Masjid thugs; may I ask your Honor’s view whether you approve of this revenge attack by the terrorists? In the meantime kindly spare a thought for the unfortunate victims of this dastardly attack; they were also Muslims as well as Pakistanis.

Regret to say that a section of Pakistan's population reserve their sympathy only for the enemies of the state of Pakistan.

Let us not bring Lal Masjid into every thread.

It was a tragic event but those in the Lal Masjid were also acting as a well armed gang.

You tell me what innocent children and women were doing in the midst of an armed conflict?
The same women and children were wielding dandas and going here and there threatening the immoral people...who authorized them and gave them the right to wield danda on others and pass on holy judgment?
I understand condemnation and peaceful protests but danda wielding women and children are not something i can digest as an innocent moral choice.

Was the government keeping the innocents in the Masjid forcibly despite the tense and volatile situation or were the Maulana and his family conveniently and deliberately hiding behind others?
It was a classical case of human shields just as a hijacker hides behind passengers...does it mean that no action be taken?
Best way out is negotiation but sometimes it fails when both parties are not willing to budge.

The person responsible for starting it all was caught fleeing in a Burqa before the operation and yet he and his wife are still talking about revenge and Jihad!!!

I understand that the Lal Masjid affair is a tragedy and many questions are to be asked of why it was not resolved in another way but let us then not blame everything solely on the government as well...the coward who left so many people in the masjid while starting all of it should have been hated by all as much as they condemn the government (if not more) but he roams free now and has the audacity to justify himself and his actions.

Having said all this, Sheikh Rashid is a likable fellow and does care for people in his constituency...he is one of the better guys in our politics but of course is not the model of perfection and has made mistakes.

Right said bro, but I would like to add few more lines
One....those women and Children were misguided for Jihad and Danda wielding. As for As Moulans concern I think they could be captured if Mushi wanted.....his death created hate among religious and moderate people.

Sheikh Rashid is a good speaker only when he not in parliment.
I believe that there is no politican I see good for Pak.....but I believe next time we shld give some chance to Imran Khan...

PPP, Q league, N League, MQM, etc have been offered too many chances by the nation.
We need patriotic and people loving persons.

Lol...

i dont exactly like the guy. i called him Sir in sarcasm. But what wonders me now is that how can he bother you if he supported the Lal Majid operation to kick out the terrorists who threatened to suicide bomb the entire country?

Dear, I think every one saw on media that innocents were killed...........I have only one question, Y not the Gov had other options to control those terrorists to aviod casualities......and he was the part of that Gov

Any ways my point was that, I dont think he is so pious and people loving person

Allah knows who were those people....

But keep this in ur mind that who could get benefit with this action. I doubt Y N league would do that.....I think N league is not that silley.....its a very common sense this kind of event only helps Sheikh Rasheed.....either he is killed or injured

but chk this statment from Punjab Minister....
a37b7ff7d6895f474885a0d974f0a76d.gif

Back
Top Bottom