What's new

She has a Chinese mother and a Pakistani father.

.Of course this is your own personal take and you are entitled to it but always being defensive and even guilty about being Indian is not the way to go IMO.
@Ravi Nair -

Why the hell would I be defensive about being Indian? :blink:

I am born as an Indian, so might as well take pride in it right?

A lot of it is self deprecating humor. But Indians do stereotype a lot. If you say no, I just cannot accept that, sorry.

:-)

Remember, Indians are one of the most racist people in the world (I believe this btw)

And our racism extends to different regions within India.

Yeah Ravi, sometimes you take the whole self-critical thing a bit far.

I'v kinda started leaning towards that myself. The other day I took out a book for parallel robot control methods by an eminent author by the name of Vijay Kumar, one of the leaders in the field. My Chinese-SIngaporean friend pointed out that he was Indian and how Indians seem quite smart. The first thing out of my mouth was, "But have you seen our PISA test scores".

Sometimes we're too self-depreciating for own good.

Of course individuals will vary. I was talking about stereotypes.

When Asian men are seen as 'undateable'

Are you seriously going to start attacking my entire ethnic group?

I'm sure you're aware that the negative stereotypes against you guys from the West are far worse than ours.

I'v kinda started leaning towards that myself. The other day I took out a book for parallel robot control methods by an eminent author by the name of Vijay Kumar, one of the leaders in the field. My Chinese-SIngaporean friend pointed out that he was Indian and how Indians seem quite smart. The first thing out of my mouth was, "But have you seen our PISA test scores".

Indians are generally stereotyped as being smart/intelligent in the West.

As for HK we only get the very smartest immigrants out of any nationality, due to the very tight restrictions on immigration.

Oh don't worry, I suspect after 5 months (in PDF) I will be quite the nationalist. (Thanks Pakistani nationalists)

There are signs of it already.

I'm sure you're aware that the negative stereotypes against you guys from the West are far worse than ours.

I have no time for your self-delusional tantrums.

I am pointing out the existence of stereotypes. I am not justifying them.
If you can't discuss the existence of stereotypes -- fairly or unfairly -- then you need to go and open a dictionary.

The linked piece points out the reason why pairings of Asian men + white women are far less frequent than the reverse. It has to do with stereotypes that exist in the West.

Capture.PNG

My Nephew Half moroccan half pakistani

Oh don't worry, I suspect after 5 months (in PDF) I will be quite the nationalist. (Thanks Pakistani nationalists)

There are signs of it already.

Same here. I joined this forum because my RAAF squadron Leader advised me to keep up on world military and geo-strategic affairs.

I've now transformed from that to a full on Indian nationalist.

View attachment 13962

My Nephew Half moroccan half pakistani

Mate he's really cute, but don't post personal pictures up on a public forum :/

I have no time for your self-delusional tantrums.

I am pointing out the existence of stereotypes. I am not justifying them.
If you can't discuss the existence of stereotypes -- fairly or unfairly -- then you need to go and open a dictionary.

You're the one turning a perfectly friendly thread into a flame war, too bad you lack the intelligence to see that. :lol:

Asian actors continue to be typecast in restrictive stock roles, from nerds, to evil villains, and martial artists.

Evil villians, nerds and martial artists, alright.

Now what about you guys? Have you seen Homeland, 24, or any other TV series in existence?

Indians are generally stereotyped as being smart/intelligent in the West.

As for HK we only get the very smartest immigrants out of any nationality, due to the very tight restrictions on immigration.

Haha, I was meant to be going to China sometime this year for a work-exchange, doesn't look like it's going happen anymore though. I could've found out for myself what the Indian stereotypes are.

My dad's been to China many times, he's in Shenzhen right now. The only real issue he has with Chinese business culture is how before every business deal, there has to be food, and if all the food has been eaten by the time the negotiations begin, you have pretty much lost.

The idea is to make sure you have so much food that the opposite party are suitably impressed.

Remember, Indians are one of the most racist people in the world (I believe this btw)

And our racism extends to different regions within India.
there is nothing racial about preference of partners, one does not need to be politically correct in that.
Problem is, in India its not personal choice but family choice.

You're the one turning a perfectly friendly thread into a flame war, too bad you lack the intelligence to see that. :lol:

Now what about you guys? Have you seen Homeland, 24, or any other TV series in existence?

How is it a flame war, except in your drama-queen delusional blob that passes for a mind?

The question was raised why pairings of Asian men + white women are not as common as the reverse, and I provided an article suggesting an explanation due to stereotypes.

YOU are fishing for an excuse to unload your rants against Muslims by imagining an offence where none exists.

you seem to have missed the post 'Indian+black=ugly' and a misinformed post about caste?
I believe @Developereo is not being racial, he is just stating stereotypes in media. (movies , tv series etc)
I expect @Armstrong to give a grovelling apology again. :chilli:

Haha, I was meant to be going to China sometime this year for a work-exchange, doesn't look like it's going happen anymore though. I could've found out for myself what the Indian stereotypes are.

My dad's been to China many times, he's in Shenzhen right now. The only real issue he has with Chinese business culture is how before every business deal, there has to be food, and if all the food has been eaten by the time the negotiations begin, you have pretty much lost.

The idea is to make sure you have so much food that the opposite party are suitably impressed.

Food is extremely important in Chinese culture. Possibly because Chinese history is filled with famines and other such events.

How is it a flame war, except in your drama-queen delusional blob that passes for a mind?

The question was raised why pairings of Asian men + white women are not as common as the reverse, and I provided an article suggesting an explanation due to stereotypes.

YOU are fishing for an excuse to unload your rants against Muslims by imagining an offence where none exists.

Oh, personal attacks. How typical. :lol:

You're the one who posted this:

And I have as yet not mentioned any stereotypes about you guys, despite it being the biggest negative stereotype of our age.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom