What's new

She has a Chinese mother and a Pakistani father.

I don't know, maybe the Pakistanis I know are just insular.

I think Chinese are one of the most insular groups overseas. When you see Chinese people they tend to be in groups, with other Chinese people.

When I go to Canada to visit my relatives, we speak to each other in Cantonese (or Mandarin), we go to Chinese restaurants pretty much every day, we meet family friends... who are of course all Chinese.

When I go to Malaysia to visit my relatives, exactly the same story. We meet other Chinese people, talk in Chinese, eat Chinese food, etc.

As for marriage, Chinese men tend to prefer women of East Asian appearance, hence all the imported wives from other East Asian countries. East Asian women on the other hand are a lot more open (or "tolerant" perhaps). And it helps that other ethnic groups tend to see East Asian women as desirable, even the very mediocre ones.

In the U.K. Indians date more outside their Race (the gender split is 50/50)

Dating is a different matter from marriage.
I have known racist girls/guys who dated a partner of the "wrong" race.
Lots of people date all over the place; it doesn't mean much.

You can bet on "00" at the roulette wheel.
Personal impressions are not relevant to statistics.

You could be right or you could be wrong. The fact remains that both Pakistani and Indians tend to be similar in many ways and it's ironic for either side to thump their chest over these matters.

Aiyo, I'm not chest thumping. Talon posted all those pictures of inter racial people and I didn't see one Pakistani woman - Non Pakistani man combination, that's all. Except the one with the Palestinian

I think Chinese are one of the most insular groups overseas. When you see Chinese people they tend to be in groups, with other Chinese people.

When I go to Canada to visit my relatives, we speak to each other in Cantonese (or Mandarin), we go to Chinese restaurants pretty much every day, we meet family friends... who are of course all Chinese.

When I go to Malaysia to visit my relatives, exactly the same story. We meet other Chinese people, talk in Chinese, eat Chinese food, etc.

As for marriage, Chinese men tend to prefer women of East Asian appearance, hence all the imported wives from other East Asian countries. East Asian women on the other hand are a lot more open (or "tolerant" perhaps). And it helps that other ethnic groups tend to see East Asian women as desirable, even the very mediocre ones.

I noticed this. Like I see far more Chinese girls going out and marrying White guys than the other way around in New Zealand.

Dating is a different matter from marriage.
I have known racist girls/guys who dated a partner of the "wrong" race.
Lots of people date all over the place; it doesn't mean much.

I was talking about Marriage as well.

The Indians in U.K. are third generation now, and less 'insular' and more well adjusted than their predecessors.

I think.......of East Asian appearance, hence all the imported wives from other East Asian countries. East Asian women on the other hand are a lot more open (or "tolerant" perhaps). And it helps that other ethnic groups tend to see East Asian women as desirable, even the very mediocre ones.

:pop:

o_O

:o:

:undecided:

:man_in_love:

:wub:

@kbd-raaf

Let's get honest dude, Many Indians still create a hullabaloo over Inter-caste, Inter-religion and inter-region marriages.

Indians are racist to South, North, East and West Indians and prejudices on caste

Forget 'interracial marriage'

Let's focus on marrying between Indians :lol:

Coming back to the topic, Apparently I have a relative in Finland, because one of my relatives married a Woman over there :blink:

Don't you just love having family all over the world, makes accommodation so much easier when travelling :D

I don't really see any inter-caste problems. Inter-religion, yes, definitely.

Yeah a lot of white men seem to have "yellow fever", not my words :p hurhurhur

East Asian women are probably the best kind of women (don't ever date an Indian, you'll go crazy)

I noticed this. Like I see far more Chinese girls going out and marrying White guys than the other way around in New Zealand.

This is true.

For some reason, white men tend to go crazy over East Asian women, especially East Asian women who would be considered below average or even unattractive back home.

Lucy Liu for instance, in China she would not be considered that attractive.

This is what I would consider attractive:

6d6a1fa9jw1e8ytb5e7noj20ho0qpq75.jpg

Aiyo, I'm not chest thumping. Talon posted all those pictures of inter racial people and I didn't see one Pakistani woman - Non Pakistani man combination, that's all. Except the one with the Palestinian

The only way a dude can marry a Pakistani woman is if he converts to Islam.

Or, there is a Pakistani Woman who was born in New Zealand, and is married to a keralite friend of mine. She was an Atheist, and left home during University.

This is true.

For some reason, white men tend to go crazy over East Asian women, especially East Asian women who would be considered below average or even unattractive back home.

Lucy Liu for instance, in China she would not be considered that attractive I would say.

This is what I would consider attractive:

6d6a1fa9jw1e8ytb5e7noj20ho0qpq75.jpg

There is a perception among Western Men that Women of East Asia are attracted to white guys. Not gonna comment on that.

That's partly because of stereotyping and subconscious preferences.

South Asian guys can overlap with Latin/Mediterranean types (lighter skin) or black guys (darker skin). White girls have been conditioned to accept both these groups as virile and sexually desirable. But Asians looks very different and popular Western culture still stereotypes them as brainy nerdy types.

South Asian guys can overlap with Latin/Mediterranean types (lighter skin) or black guys (darker skin). White girls have been conditioned to accept both these groups as virile and sexually desirable. But Asians looks very different and popular Western culture still stereotypes them as brainy nerdy types.

:tup:

scheduled tribes are not low caste, they are not under hindu caste system.

I can only laugh at their ignorance.

"Indians are racist to South, North, East and West Indians and prejudices on caste" - That is a racist generalization of epic proportions.
Try sparing the belittling of one's own people once in a while. Also always attaining the moral high ground over other desis(Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis) gets somewhat monotonous. Of course this is your own personal take and you are entitled to it but always being defensive and even guilty about being Indian is not the way to go IMO.
@Ravi Nair - Don't take this the wrong way dude

I remember a visiting executive calling Indian culture to be one of the best in a conference. An Indian immediately stood up and said that it is BUT it also has the evil caste system and so on. A chinese (!) guy defended India saying that there are plenty of objectionable things in Chinese culture too - but that does not include highlighting the dark side over whats good.

Don't you just love having family all over the world, makes accommodation so much easier when travelling :D

I don't really see any inter-caste problems. Inter-religion, yes, definitely.

Remember, Indians are one of the most racist people in the world (I believe this btw)

And our racism extends to different regions within India.

Honestly, the brainy and nerdy stereotype is probably the "least bad" stereotype out of all the non-white races.

That's why we don't get stopped at airports. :P

Honestly, the brainy and nerdy stereotype is probably the "least bad" stereotype out of all the non-white races.

That's why we don't get stopped at airports. :P

I am talking about sexual attractiveness to girls (for dating).

Girls like "bad boys" or guys who will give them a dating/sexual adventure.

Back
Top Bottom