What's new

Shawarma and Lebenase food

I just love good food....... I'll be adding "Farooj Al Tazaj" to my hit list next time I'm there..... that'd be in few weeks anyways....... btw, regarding Pakistani food(s), I love them only: aggar masalon pay haath dhela rakha ho to..... don't like to overkill the taste with excessive spices......

There are many obscure places to get these awesome Shawarma's but one particular chain can be tried is Farooj Al Tazaj, in Dubai.

Although, I like their Mexicy Shawarma. Its a Tahina based Shawarma, however it has some Hot Sauce mixed in the Tahina and just the right consistency of olive oil in that Tahina.

Its not REALLY spicy like Pakistani food, but spicy by Arab standards.

Its a very different and nice shawarma and easily available all over Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi.

I just love good food....... I'll be adding "Farooj Al Tazaj" to my hit list next time I'm there..... that'd be in few weeks anyways....... btw, regarding Pakistani food(s), I love them only: aggar masalon pay haath dhela rakha ho to..... don't like to overkill the taste with excessive spices......

You should love Arabic food, and in particular Lebanese food. They hardly put ANY spice at all. But their food has taste.

Its all a wonder of how they marinade things. Stuff is marinated in fat, or sometimes with even pine seeds.

Thoom is made of simply blending together olive oil and garlic (and some lemon too I think).

But the trick is how to slowly and consistently add the olive oil while the blender is running, otherwise the thoom would become runny and lose its taste.

The other thing is you cannot find a Lebanese joint that does cheap food, they all have a certain baseline of quality that they maintain.

Shawarma in a pitta bread with the garlic sauce and those pickled chillies. yummy.
Also the Tagine (lamb) - it's morroccan I guess

Aahh the shawarma,the lahm shawara. Tomatoes, khubs, onion parsley salad, the lahm, all just infusing each other with goodness. And just a slight kiss on the khubs by the burning red hot grill. Epic.

Bitch... and then you say you are a guy!!!! Never heard a guy going into such minute details..... :mad:

We would say... tastes awesome.... burp.

Aahh the shawarma,the lahm shawara. Tomatoes, khubs, onion parsley salad, the lahm, all just infusing each other with goodness. And just a slight kiss on the khubs by the burning red hot grill. Epic.

Bitch... and then you say you are a guy!!!! Never heard a guy going into such minute details..... :mad:

We would say... tastes awesome.... burp.

For a food lover like me, its the details that matter. OMG the shwaaarma in Pak is like a slap on the face with a flap of beef. Thwack. Lebanese Kebabs are awesome as hell.

You're talking to a food connoisseur here, this is also my domain. I has it :D

:hitwall:

i forgot the name of this bread

87641137_def7601db5_z.jpg

View attachment 19103

Screw you man not cool, just had sabzi. You had to put this pic up didnt you. You have unleashed my hell upon you. The soggy chicken dripped fries, the garlic paste, the chicken so tender, so velvet that it would just slide of the bones.

That bread is Khubs btw.

You should love Arabic food, and in particular Lebanese food. They hardly put ANY spice at all. But their food has taste.

Its all a wonder of how they marinade things. Stuff is marinated in fat, or sometimes with even pine seeds.

Thoom is made of simply blending together olive oil and garlic (and some lemon too I think).

But the trick is how to slowly and consistently add the olive oil while the blender is running, otherwise the thoom would become runny and lose its taste.

The other thing is you cannot find a Lebanese joint that does cheap food, they all have a certain baseline of quality that they maintain.

Actually many Arab cuisines do use a lot of species. For instance Yemeni and Moroccan which are probably the most spicy ME cuisines especially Yemeni.:)

Arab cuisine is too big and diverse to make such generalizations. Great regional differences in Arab country x or y let alone differences from country to country.

View attachment 19103

Khubz, Arabic bread.

Khubz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• upload_2014-3-1_13-17-40.jpeg
    upload_2014-3-1_13-17-40.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 33
I hate these type of threads... now Im carving for some shuwarma...yummmm

Screw you man not cool, just had sabzi. You had to put this pic up didnt you. You have unleashed my hell upon you. The soggy chicken dripped fries, the garlic paste, the chicken so tender, so velvet that it would just slide of the bones.

That bread is Khubs btw.

You missed the pickled cucumber( they call Gherkins i guess :D) and pepper :p:

thanks bro :)

That's Pita bread.... Ar-Beez call that "khubz" :D

Pita is greek i guess not lebanese :undecided:

Only if he's cute and can cook :D

Mama ji, Kaef halak ? :lol:

@chak de INDIA @Awesome @Informant @Leader etc.

You want me to make a thread about Yemeni cuisine here? Maybe later it will evolve to an "Arab cuisine thread"? Because Yemeni cuisine is probably the Arab cuisine that is most close to South Asian cuisine. It's also the most spicy Arab cuisine. So it might interest the gentlemen here for this reason.

I have some nice videos, photos etc. If there will be no interest I will not bother and I don't plan to make an Arab cuisine thread since that would be too big a thread. Can't cover everything and don't even know the cuisine of many Arab countries.

Back
Top Bottom