Sharif invites Modi to visit Pakistan.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan invites incoming Indian prime minister to visit
ISLAMABAD Fri May 16, 2014 11:59pm IST

(Reuters) - Pakistan on Friday invited India's incoming Prime Minister Narendra Modi to visit, just hours after India's opposition candidate secured a crushing victory in the world's largest election.

Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif came to power last year promising to improve relations with nuclear arch-rival India, but a series of clashes on the disputed Kashmir border has cast doubt over the peace process.

"Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif spoke to Narendra Modi on the phone this afternoon and congratulated him on this remarkable election victory and invited him to visit Pakistan," Sartaj Aziz, Sharif's adviser on national security and foreign affairs, told Reuters.

"Of course the process (for the visit) will take some time, initial contacts still have to be made. But the invitation is there."

The fact that outgoing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh did not visit Islamabad, despite being invited, has caused tension with Pakistan in recent years. A visit by an Indian leader would be seen as a major turning point in the relationship between the two countries.

Indian officials were not immediately available for comment.

India and Pakistan have fought three wars since they became independent countries in 1947, two of them over the mountainous region of Kashmir. Both control a part of the Muslim-majority region but claim it in full.

Modi's Hindu-centric politics have rung alarm bells in Islamabad, but late on Friday Pakistan's foreign ministry said it welcomed Modi's victory and looked forward to working with him.

A truce along the Kashmir border has held for nearly a decade, even though it has been broken every now and then by tit-for-tat artillery fire and an occasional cross-border ambush.

Pakistan invites incoming Indian prime minister to visit| Reuters

No comments from me on this one.

I say NO GO , until Islamabad is fully committed to eradicate Terrorists and their supporters from their Soil.

Though Nawaz Sharif is welcome to visit India.

He is not welcomed here either. People will flood Islamabad to vent at Nawaz Sharif. Modi is seen in Pakistan as a butcher and the people even nawaz's own supporters wouldn't approve of it.

Why is Nawaz pulling this one off is beyond me.

Someone inform this Ganja that modi is vegan - so, it's better to have party with other sherif and enjoy nihari, biryani and kababs.

He is not welcomed here either. People will flood Islamabad to vent at Nawaz Sharif. Modi is seen in Pakistan as a butcher and the people even nawaz's own supporters wouldn't approve of it.

One thing which always amazes me is why people of Pakistan are so obsessed with what happened in India that too in 2002.

People in Pakistan are dying almost at daily basis and far greater number than that of Gujrat 2002 . I think people should stop worrying about what happens in India and focus on their problem.

Lets see what Modi has in his mind , you never know what Modi is upto.

Life has to move on,people in India think Pakistan is a terrorist state,but that dsnt stop the Govt from talking to Pakistan.you cant keep every one happy in a country you see.

Diplomats. Trying to keep good relations with your neighbour is never a bad thing. New leader new stuff.

Isn't there any sort of protocol in Pakistan which is to be followed regarding the treatment of a visiting head of a state.

I am getting annoyed by nawaja on his too much leniency towards india, it seems to me that he is being encircled currently among some douche bag advisors who have special love or interests with india. People in punjab voted in favor of Shahbaz sharif , the vote in punjab was not in favor of nawaz sharif , he should get this in his thick head.

This will hurt every 'good for nothing' troll who has been shamelessly talking for Indian Muslims when Indian Muslims themselves don't give a shit about their support and many followers of Laal topi baloongra.

More than 25-20 % Muslims have voted for Modi this time.

Modi's victory can't be so exasperating for these Pakistani than this.

Good one Nawaj Sharif, you are a brave person who has taught a good lesson to these hot head fanatics on how a nation should behave and invest in equity of Realpolitik. Pakistan needs such frequent grooming from top heads to make these loud mouth self pointed experts irrelevant; rather helpless and adjusting to policies of a state than dictating.

One thing which always amazes me is why people of Pakistan are so obsessed with what happened in India that too in 2002.

People in Pakistan are dying almost at daily basis and far greater number than that of Gujrat 2002 . I think people should stop worrying about what happens in India and focus on their problem.

Lets see what Modi has in his mind , you never know what Modi is upto.

Even Gujarati Muslims seems to be foregotten that episode.BJP sweep all seats in Gujarat

Do not read too much in to it.... its just a part of greetings to a new leader of a neighboring country.....

But there is a worrying sign in your post.... Ie: Peace will not be easy with Modi in power, and Pakistan population will not agree discussing peace with Modi...... Now we both can wish ourselves good luck....

Pakistan is not even on his radar - pakistan would probably be the last or second last country on his to do list.

Back
Top Bottom