What's new

Shanghai to San Francisco in 100 minutes by Chinese supersonic submarine

Not only that if the bubble fails you are going to hit a brick wall of water instantaneously.

Cars do routinely crash into the water at high speed right? Yet their occupants survive, often without any injury (the greater threat is from drowning). And apart from being filled with water, the cars themselves don't get significantly damaged by the impact either.

Metal is stronger than water.

Though maybe some sort of seat belt like devices will help in this situation, during the high-speed portion of the travel time for example.

Cars do routinely crash into the water at high speed right? Yet their occupants survive, often without any injury (the greater threat is from drowning). And apart from being filled with water, the cars themselves don't get significantly damaged by the impact either.

Though maybe some sort of seat belt like devices will help in this situation, during the high-speed portion of the travel time for example.

Um no. You crash into the ocean at 200 miles an hour you car will be in little pieces,.

Not only that if the bubble fails you are going to hit a brick wall of water instantaneously.
Excellent point! And there a million ways to make that happen.

Overall it's a silly idea that's of little practical use to man or beast.

Um no. You crash into the ocean at 200 miles an hour you car will be in little pieces,.

Out of all the cars that have crashed into the water at high speed over the years, can you find me one example of a car that has been broken into pieces?

And do you think the hull of a submarine is much stronger than an aluminum-bodied car? Especially with regards to water?

we will invente teleportation as technological package to support the supersonic sub, if it hit the wall, we just need to beam people to the surface...LOL

article-2382435-1B195B5A000005DC-762_634x368.jpg

Out of all the cars that have crashed into the water at high speed over the years, can you find me one example of a car that has been broken into pieces?

And do you think the hull of a submarine is much stronger than an aluminum-bodied car? Especially with regards to water?

I want you to picture a steel submarine dropped nose first from a huge plane and it hitting the water nose first at the speed it takes to cross the ocean in 100 minutes. There will be NOTHING left of that submarine.

I want you to picture a steel submarine dropped nose first from a huge plane and it hitting the water nose first at the speed it takes to cross the ocean in 100 minutes. There will be NOTHING left of that submarine.

Firstly, there is no guarantee that it would happen like that.

Secondly, cars have dropped from great heights into the water, or off bridges at high speed many times before, if you see the pictures there is not even a small deformation on the front of the car where it hit the water.

Simply because metal is stronger than water.

For a human body yes, smacking into water at high speed will hurt a lot, but we're talking about metal here.

And the hull of a submarine is considerably stronger than the bodies of most commercial cars, by a huge margin. Cars use sheet metal that is designed to be light, not armored. You could easily dent one just by kicking it.

Like I said, do you have any examples where a car has broken into pieces after a high speed collision with the sea/ocean, or large drop into the water? Or even a significant deformation of the metal body?

Do you know at what speed cruise missiles and bombs hit the water when fired or dropped from a high altitude plane? Yet they still function perfectly for their job? (Anti-submarine warfare).

Last edited:

even when the brakes of your motor car fail, you can still hit something on road. doesn't mean, you won't drive your car. :)

the leak is a political statement. deliberately leaked.

@ChineseTiger1986

last night, i was talking about this one, i just avoided posting here

even when the brakes of your motor car fail, you can still hit something on road. doesn't mean, you won't drive your car. :)

the leak is a political statement. deliberately leaked.

@ChineseTiger1986

last night, i was talking about this one, i just avoided posting here

I don't like this SCMP tabloid headline.

We Chinese prefer to show something already finalized instead of bragging a product in the conceptual stage.

SCMP first bashed our HGV, then showing this tabloid headline, they are trying to make us look like a bunch of big mouth boasters.

That's why you can see that I am not really thrilled about this news, since I will only get excited when I seen the product in its finalized stage.

I don't like this SCMP tabloid headline.

We Chinese prefer to show something already finalized instead of bragging a product in the conceptual stage.

SCMP first bashed our HGV, then showing this tabloid headline, they are trying to make us look like a bunch of big mouth boasters.

That's why you can see that I am not really thrilled about this news, since I will only be excited when I seen the product in its final stage.

i still believe, it too was another deliberate leak, or as the report was made to look like one. please noite it was wfb which reported the hgv tests first, no chinese media published the news. chinese government has neither confirmed any hgv test nor did they deny it. i think scmp played down the wfb news report by declaring the latest test a failure for a reason. these are high level game moves

i believe, no test failed.

i still believe, it too was another deliberate leak, or as the report was made to look like one. please noite it was wfb which reported the hgv tests first, no chinese media published the news. chinese government has neither confirmed any hgv test nor did they deny it. i think scmp played down the wfb news report by declaring the latest test a failure for a reason. these are high level game moves

Our military Think Tanks have the inside intel, the test did not fail according to them.

The science is science, there is no shame if it did fail.

Just like our reliable rockets did fail twice between 2011-2013 despite a high rate of successful launch spree.

PS, the HGV is relatively new technology, thus it is much more less mature, it will be absolutely normal if it does fail in some tests. We have no problem to acknowledge it.

But our test on August 7th did not fail, since SCMP was simply twisting the fact.

Awesome ! Great job done by HIT and the scientific community world over,never knew about supercavitating technology, wonder if anything like the bubble can be created for an Aircraft as well to reducd the drag or say in a way defy gravity ,just thinking if it can happen :)

Do you realize the density of water? If you are going at high speed and the bubble fails it will be like hitting a brick wall instantaneously. Just imagine what a submarine would look like if you dropped it into the ocean at over 200mph.
You mean like this my friend (underwater) :)
f4_1.jpg

f4_3.jpg

i still believe, it too was another deliberate leak. please noite it was wfb which reported the hgv tests first, no chinese media published the news. chinese government has neither confirmed any hgv test nor did they deny it. i think scmp played down the wfb news report by declaring the latest test a failure for a reason. these are high level game moves

It will be a fiasco if this leak will deliberate to mislead some other nations to invest on the something that is a wasting time and money...while China is secretly go other direction such US was trying to fool China by saying that Aircraft carrier is nothing but a sitting duck in battle and realize that China didn't take the bait...then Americans are starting to sell China's threat around the world.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom