What's new

Shanghai high-rise flats on fire

Hopefully this will prompt people to be more safety minded and the government to enforce stronger precautions.

Initial investigation suggested the fire was started by unlicensed weldors breaching safety regulations while doing their work.

Condolences to the chinese people on this tragic loss.
May God bless the departed souls and heal the survivors and their loved ones Ameen.

Last edited:
In all the hysteria of India's "progress" on one hand, and sympathy shown to the slums and villagers on the other, people overlook the needs of the middle class. We need to ensure better living conditions for migrant populations in cities, or develop more towns and cities so people can live a good life and earn a decent livelihood.

The victims in China may still get some justice. In India, negligent and corrupt officials will get away with a minor penalty.

In all the hysteria of India's "progress" on one hand, and sympathy shown to the slums and villagers on the other, people overlook the needs of the middle class. We need to ensure better living conditions for migrant populations in cities, or develop more towns and cities so people can live a good life and earn a decent livelihood.

The victims in China may still get some justice. In India, negligent and corrupt officials will get away with a minor penalty.

This is likely just an accident that could have occurred anywhere. Especially if the building was undergoing renovations.

first of all, my condolence to all the victims.

my concern is why after every big event, there was a fire. beijing after olympics, shanghai after expo.
guangzhou you better watch out...

how come it did no collaps like WTC?

WTC was made with much raised specifications and yet it collapsed.

Few weeks ago i mentioned that i have personally seen fires in buildings where every thing turned to ash but building stood intact.

It is obvious that explosives forced the collapse of WTC.

Back
Top Bottom