What's new

Shame on Iran

So you made a retaliatory thread just to get back at Muse? :what:

No. Muse knows that it is not about him and me. It is about being balanced and fair. Without fairness, we do not remain human. We have had wonderful discussions and do not need a nand like you to try make more divisions here.

Longrained

You are mistaken in thinking that Blamimng US for Branch Davidians is the other side, the following is the other side:

Iranian pastor faces death for rape, not apostasy - report
DEATH PENALTY
September 30, 2011|By Dan Merica, CNN

Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani will executed for several charges of rape and extortion, not his original sentence of apostasy.

Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani will be put to death for several charges of rape and extortion, charges that differ greatly from his original sentence of apostasy, Iran's semi-official Fars News agency reported Friday.

Gholomali Rezvani, the deputy governor of Gilan province, where Nadarkhani was tried and convicted, accused Western media of twisting the real story, referring to him as a "rapist." A previous report from the news agency claimed he had committed several violent crimes, including repeated rape and extortion.

"His crime is not, as some claim, converting others to Christianity," Rezvani told Fars. "He is guilty of security-related crimes."

In a translated Iranian Supreme Court brief from 2010, however, the charge of apostasy is the only charge leveled against Nadarkhani.

"Mr. Youcef Nadarkhani, son of Byrom, 32-years old, married, born in Rasht in the state of Gilan is convicted of turning his back on Islam, the greatest religion the prophesy of Mohammad at the age of 19," reads the brief.

The brief was obtained by CNN from the American Center for Law and Justice and was translated from its original Farsi by the Confederation of Iranian Students in Washington.

It goes on to say that during the court proceeding, Nadarkhani denied the prophecy of Mohammad and the authority of Islam.

"He (Nadarkhani) has stated that he is a Christian and no longer Muslim," states the brief. "During many sessions in court with the presence of his attorney and a judge, he has been sentenced to execution by hanging according to article 8 of Tahrir -- olvasileh."

Rezvani, the official from Gilan province, confirmed that his execution is "not imminent" nor is it final.

Mohammadali Dadkhah, the pastor's lawyer, said through a translator that even in light of the Fars News report, he does not believe Nadarkhani will be put to death.

"The case is still in progress," Dadkhah said. "There's a 95% that he won't get the death penalty. Yes, I still believe that."

Dadkhah spoke briefly of the trial proceedings, stating that he presented documents to the court that should be convincing, including documents from Shi'ite leaders that state the crime does not warrant the possible punishment.

"This is a legal process that should take its course, and it should stand, on its own merits. It should succeed," Dadkhah said

No. Muse knows that it is not about him and me. It is about being balanced and fair. Without fairness, we do not remain human. We have had wonderful discussions and do not need a nand like you to try make more divisions here.

So you are trying to be a desi version of Fox News? :lol:

Ah, now I understand! :D

Muse,

The branch davidians were accused of being rapists too. Unlike the Iranian fake pastor who is being executed, the whole community was executed including one year old babies. So yeah, they are not equal. The Waco slaughter is sure on the verge of genocide while in the case of Iran at max we can call it a failed delivery of justice. Waco massacre has no parallel in Iran. Killing one year old babies with tank rounds is usually not practiced in Iran as I have mentioned in my other thread.

Muse,

The branch davidians were accused of being rapists too. Unlike the Iranian fake pastor who is being executed, the whole community was executed including one year old babies. So yeah, they are not equal. The Waco slaughter is sure on the verge of genocide while in the case of Iran at max we can call it a failed delivery of justice. Waco massacre has no parallel in Iran. Killing one year old babies with tank rounds is usually not practiced in Iran as I have mentioned in my other thread.

Yet Iran is still the international pariah, while the USA is not. I wonder why? On wait, may be because what you say is simply not justified?

Longbrained

You are so right - the US is a net offender of religious liberties - there can be little doubt about that and it deserves to be condemned - happy?

Now what about Mr. Naderkhani? What about laws that allow persons to be prosecute for apostasy?? What about imagining Sin as CRime? You will have noted that the defense lawyer has introduced a statement by Shi'ah clerics that such a crime does not merit the death penalty

Longbrained

You are so right - the US is a net offender of religious liberties - there can be little doubt about that and it deserves to be condemned - happy?

Now what about Mr. Naderkhani? What about laws that allow persons to be prosecute for apostasy?? What about imagining Sin as CRime? You will have noted that the defense lawyer has introduced a statement by Shi'ah clerics that such a crime does not merit the death penalty

Oh really?

Isn't Iran following what Islam says to do with apostates? Where is your faith Muse?

Oh really?

Isn't Iran following what Islam says to do with apostates? Where is your faith Muse?

Yes, really -- "Let an occasional Chalice break"

Longbrained wants us to be "fair and balanced" (where have I heard that before?) and condemn the US - He does not care that a real Iranian person has been tried for Apostasy - he just wants us to condemn the US - OK, for my money, sure, lets condemn the US --but I will make a small wager, longbrained will not be happy with this condemnation - He just wants us to forget about Mr. Naderkhani.

Yes, really -- "Let an occasional Chalice break"

Longbrained wants us to be "fair and balanced" (where have I heard that before?) and condemn the US - He does not care that a real Iranian person has been tried for Apostasy - he just wants us to condemn the US - OK, for my money, sure, lets condemn the US --but I will make a small wager, longbrained will not be happy with this condemnation - He just wants us to forget about Mr. Naderkhani.

The real pity is that as long as Iran does not activate the TOB, and thus challenge the denomination of oil in dollars, it will be allowed to carry on with terrorizing its own. That is the reality.

You see that's what Longbrained is not following he thinks we are clubbing Iran for being Iran -- on the contrary we are friends of iran and iranians -- The Issue is APOSTASY as a crime - not a sin, but a crime.

Hussein has made the point that Christians continue to practice their faith without problems in Iran --but Mr. Nadrkhani's case is special - certain interest groups, wish to make an example of Mr. Naderkhani, it would seem and they must not be allowed ot succeed -- Why? First, as Husein suggests this should be in seen in the light of general persecution and in the context of events in the region, it seems that much like the Wahabi princes, some interest group seems to be pushing this trial and it has put the provincial government on the backfoot, such that they now are telling lies to the world media.

Excellent article muse once again

I would add that the mentioned person’s iman is weak however morally /ethically

it doesn’t give the Iranian authorities the excuse to take law in to their own hands.

Allah tallah will be the judge of that.

Peace

Those who tried to make an example of Mr.Naderkhani by trying him and threatening his life may find that they have brough negative attention on the regime --and it may be that is exactly what they planned when they prosecuted Mr. Naderkhani for the sin of Apostasy

Iranian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani’s potential execution rallies U.S. Christians
By Adelle M. Banks,

WAHSINGTON — Religious freedom advocates rallied Wednesday (Sept. 28) around an Iranian pastor who is facing execution because he has refused to recant his Christian faith in the overwhelmingly Muslim country.

The British-based group Christian Solidarity Worldwide has asked international supporters to urge Iranian officials to halt plans to execute Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani.

The pastor was found guilty of apostasy last year, and the conviction has been upheld by the Iranian Supreme Court. If carried out, the execution would mark the first time since 1990 that an Iranian pastor was killed for his Christian faith

“Despite the finding that Mr. Nadarkhani did not convert to Christianity as an adult, the court continues to demand that he recant his faith or otherwise be executed,” said Leonard Leo, chair of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom. “The most recent court proceedings are not only a sham, but are contrary to Iranian law and international human rights standards.”

Author and megachurch pastor Rick Warren went to Twitter to ask his followers to join in protesting Nadarkhani’s possible execution. House Speaker John Boehner called on Iranian leaders “to abandon this dark path, spare Youcef Nadarkhani’s life, and grant him a full and unconditional release.”

The attention on Nadarkhani comes a week after Iran released two American hikers who had been in custody for two years after they were convicted of spying, which they denied.

Writing in the National Review Online, religious freedom activist Nina Shea said Western voices made a difference in the hikers’ case and could influence the pastor’s fate: “Those of us in the free world should press our members of Congress to speak up.”

Sadly the charges against Pastor Nadarkhani are really apostasy
Now we have the proof on it

apologies .. i prefered to be sure of this. so it means fars news and agencies were lying from the very beginning

کمپین بین المللی حقوق بشر در ایران – محمدعلی دادخواه در واکنش به اتهام تجاوز و اخاذی یوسف ندرخانی: در تمام مراحل دادگاه اتهام او فقط ارت

documents are official ones given by advocate. i can translate all of them if you want.
it says about the fact he denies the prophet and one of his parent was muslim and so...

let's hope and pray for him.

Back
Top Bottom