What's new

Shame For India

Right on the first two counts! It needed the British for us to get rid of practices like Sati and cults like Thuggees. Our own social reformers were usually treated like Mr Dabholkar(the trend continues).

But who're you to talk about all this, you pseudo-secular NRI ? :pissed:

In kerala hundreds of Women are forced o remain unmarried due to astrology. If they have 'chova dosham' they are believed to bring bad luck to their Husbands.

Whilst I lived in Kerala, a laborer, who was a neighbour of mine who lived in a shack with his mother, wife, sister in law, her husband and their two children, spent Rs. 25,000 in getting a Pooja done by a priest.

Never mind the fact that it was his wages for possibly another 4 months.

Ob by the way these same hindutvavaadis don't mind if the criticism is directed against Muslims or Christians.

the baba's are doing much better tricks in pakistan . have u heard about Double Shah....?

Yet he was silent about Benny. Making a bill against black magic will not stop it. It will continue till people are not educated. Also, I don't understand how they can allow people to follow religion? Black magic is part of religion, isn't it?

These superstitions are rampant in south asia irrespective of religions and so please do not bring religion into this...This bill should punish all the fake godmen irrespective of their religious ideology.

@adwityagrata:

Buddy,honestly speaking you have a strange habit of going off topic again and again. To justify one evil among Hindu society you are bringing what stupidity the Christians practice. What link both have? What's wrong in having a bit self introspection before criticizing others?

@adwityagrata:

Buddy,honestly speaking you have a strange habit of going off topic again and again. To justify one evil among Hindu society you are bringing what stupidity the Christians practice. What link both have? What's wrong in having a bit self introspection before criticizing others?

LOL. Looks like my post hit a nerve.

The link between the two case is pretty obvious to anyone looking at the whole thing without prejudice. Since you cannot see the link, the only conclusion to be drawn would be regarding you prejudice.

However I liked your choice of words, EVIL in HINDU society v/s STUPIDITY in CHRISTIAN society (oh wait, its not the whole society, just their PRACTICE). LOL. Nice. Real nice. :lol:

LOL. Looks like my post hit a nerve.

The link between the two case is pretty obvious to anyone looking at the whole thing without prejudice. Since you cannot see the link, the only conclusion to be drawn would be regarding you prejudice.

However I liked your choice of words, EVIL in HINDU society v/s STUPIDITY in CHRISTIAN society (oh wait, its not the whole society, just their PRACTICE). LOL. Nice. Real nice. :lol:

Lol!! What nerves you are talking about? Can't simply condemn the evils in your own religion? Playing with words,eh? If you are more comfortable with the word "stupidity",lets condemn the stupidity of Hindu society and reject the equal evil in the Christians.Happy? :cheesy:

Lol!! What nerves you are talking about? Can't simply condemn the evils in your own religion? Playing with words,eh? If you are more comfortable with the word "stupidity",lets condemn the stupidity of Hindu society and reject the equal evil in the Christians.Happy? :cheesy:

Oh No. Let us stick to your version.

EVIL in HINDU SOCIETY v/s STUPIDITY in CHRISTIAN PRACTICE.

The difference between SOCIETY which indicates 1 billlion Hindus and PRACTICE which points to a handful 'nutcase' is even more revealing.

Much better and certainly brings perspective and clarity on who and what I am dealing with.

Is it safe to say to that South Indians are more superstitious than North Indians?(Don't attack me for this). Cause honeslty, I am from Varanasi, its like a hub of Hinduism, and I have never ever heard or seen anyone falling for the tricks of these fake babas.

Oh No. Let us stick to your version.

EVIL in HINDU SOCIETY v/s STUPIDITY in CHRISTIAN PRACTICE.

The difference between SOCIETY which indicates 1 billlion Hindus and PRACTICE which points to a handful 'nutcase' is even more revealing.

Much better and certainly brings perspective and clarity on who and what I am dealing with.

There are lot more nutcases in the "society" we are talking about.I simply don't want to involve to such discussion. It is my apt right to criticize any malpractices we have in our own religion and I will condemn whatever I feel to be condemned. No matter it happens in a one billion society or among a tiny tribe in Polynesia. Call me anything,I simply don't care.

Is it safe to say to that South Indians are more superstitious than North Indians?(Don't attack me for this). Cause honeslty, I am from Varanasi, its like a hub of Hinduism, and I have never ever heard or seen anyone falling for the tricks of these fake babas.

That is because Hinduism itself is dead in North India. It only survives in a diminished form in South India.

There are lot more nutcases in the "society" we are talking about.I simply don't want to involve to such discussion. It is my apt right to criticize any malpractices we have in our own religion and I will condemn whatever I feel to be condemned. No matter it happens in a one billion society or among a tiny tribe in Polynesia. Call me anything,I simply don't care.

Sure. What ever helps you sleep at night. Ravi nair has the same problem.

Sure. What ever helps you sleep at night. Ravi nair has the same problem.

yaap!!Just like a simple criticism gives you guys a fatal insomnia :-)

That is because Hinduism itself is dead in North India. It only survives in a diminished form in South India.

Who are you man? A modern day Sankaracharya? What do you know about Hinduism to speak such nonsense like Hinduism is dead somewhere?

Superstition has nothing to do with geography....North India is just as f**ked up.

yaap!!Just like a simple criticism gives you guys a fatal insomnia :-)

LOL. Hindus in India have grown up hearing abuse and denigration of Hinduism day in day out. No Hindu is going to loose sleep after a simple criticism. :lol:

Who are you man? A modern day Sankaracharya? What do you know about Hinduism to speak such nonsense like Hinduism is dead somewhere?

I am sure you are itching to answer your own question.

Back
Top Bottom