What's new

Shame For India

Seriously! Every local cable channel is full of these dhongis promising all kinds of vasheekarana etc....What's more, they're all over Bangalore too. Many of them sit inside their portable tents and sell all kinds of crazy stuff as medicines and 'mantrified' totems.

I dont have any problem with that bolded part though as no one goes them anyway, or anyone?

But Like you said, that $hit is everywhere in local channels. I know my cousin brother believes in this $hit and he wears a tabeez from some baba in Shivajinagar(he is a contractor). I have personally been with him once(long back) to realize later what he was upto...same 'Vasheekaran'..

Its so nonsense..

Well,is that a "Modified" threat or what?:rofl: This is something new. Once a Nutjob threatened to deport me to Bangladesh,but this is new and am loving it.

By the way,Can you please elaborate my lord,what do I have to do to awake the dead Hindu inside me? (assuming am a North Indian):cheesy:

Not as much as we loved your Evil Hindu society v/s Stupid Christian practice saga. Very 'secular' of you. :enjoy:

Why this sudden claim to be a 'hindu' ? :azn: .. your posting pattern and choice of words and prejudice seems to indicate you are a christian. Are you trying to convince us otherwise ?

Not as much as we loved your Evil Hindu society v/s Stupid Christian practice saga. Very 'secular' of you. :enjoy:

Why this sudden claim to be a 'hindu' ? :azn: .. your posting pattern and choice of words and prejudice seems to indicate you are a christian. Are you trying to convince us otherwise ?

Me Christian!!!:cheesy:

Is it the new lot of Modified mutants who can detect the religion of person from what he speaks? :rofl:

Please "assume" am a Hindu North Indian and please enlighten me how can I wake my Dead hindu inside me. I want to know the "true" meaning of "Modified" Hinduism.Please,please...

Man,This is fun,Sadly,I am off for some hours and will get back after 22:30. :D

Me Christian!!!:cheesy:

Is it the new lot of Modified mutants who can detect the religion of person from what he speaks? :rofl:

Please "assume" am a Hindu North Indian and please enlighten me how can I wake my Dead hindu inside me. I want to know the "true" meaning of "Modified" Hinduism.Please,please...

Man,This is fun,Sadly,I am off for some hours and will get back after 22:30. :D

Well there is nothing to indicate Idiots cannot be Christians :cheesy:

I would rather wait for you to tell us what your religion is and which part of the country you come from, before we proceed on how to awaken a dead hindu.

Well there is nothing to indicate Idiots cannot be Christians :cheesy:

I would rather wait for you to tell us what your religion is and which part of the country you come from, before we proceed on how to awaken a dead hindu.

Now resorting to personal attack,eh? I knew this was going to come from a person of Intellectual ability like yours.One of the basic teaching of my religion is Titiksha and you have shown not a single hint of it so far. So should I assume you to be a prehistoric barbarian now?

If your definition of Hinduism does not vary with the religion of mine and the place where I live,answer clearly,What is makes Hinduism dead in North India. Don't bother to reply if you have nothing to answer other than abusing me.

I get that, but it was the Brits alone who held the authority to ban and enforce that ban on Sati. Narendra Dabholkar is much in the same vein as Raja Ram Mohan Roy, a social reformer.

Brits made the caste system far worse and was primarily responsible for division of Hindus and Muslims , i have already discussed this with @Sieko ...

The problem with people is they have absolutely no clue how to communicate with a person and present a point of view without giving melodramatic titles and being downright insulting to another person, which only cause people to be defensive...For ones use some iota of common sense

Last edited:
Brits made the caste system far worse and was primarily responsible for division of Hindus and Muslims , i have already discussed this with @Sieko ...

The problem with people is they have absolutely no clue how to communicate with a person and present a point of view without giving melodramatic titles and being downright insulting to another person, which only cause people to be defensive...For ones use some iota of common sense

The Brits exploited an already fractured society to further their agendas. The caste system and astrology was indeed rigidly governing the daily routines of all Hindus, while the circumstances in which Islam established itself in India meant that Hindus and Muslims would have an antagonistic streak towards each other.

The Brits wasted no time in widening these fissures, but I doubt if one can say they were responsible for establishing such differences within our society. In any case, it would be nice to read your discusion with Seiko, if you can provide the thread link.

I just have one request to my Indian friends, when you post a big a$$ article about anything Indian please do us non-indian a favor and replace all Indian names with simple names such as jim and jane, will cut down the reading time in half for us non-Indians..

Thanks and no pun intended, most of the time i get confused if thats a name or some difficult english word.

The Brits exploited an already fractured society to further their agendas. The caste system and astrology was indeed rigidly governing the daily routines of all Hindus, while the circumstances in which Islam established itself in India meant that Hindus and Muslims would have an antagonistic streak towards each other.

The Brits wasted no time in widening these fissures, but I doubt if one can say they were responsible for establishing such differences within our society. In any case, it would be nice to read your discusion with Seiko, if you can provide the thread link.

Such differences existed but not to the extent one would perceive , if you look at several historians like Max Mullar and his stories and quotes on India , it no where reflects discrimination in terms of caste ..

Caste system did exist , but that was a Verna system , where your caste was decided according to your merit , every caste was equally respected and each caste had several restrictions...for example...Brahmin's being the most wisest and administrators of society were barred from owning land or wealth . Valthmiki who wrote the Ramayana himself was born as an untouchable...

Though am personally unsure when the transformation from merit based to birth based too place , all i know is Brits made things far far far worse than it was ....

I just have one request to my Indian friends, when you post a big a$$ article about anything Indian please do us non-indian a favor and replace all Indian names with simple names such as jim and jane, will cut down the reading time in half for us non-Indians..

Thanks and no pun intended, most of the time i get confused if thats a name or some difficult english word.

:lol:

Words from a person with a Name xyxmt ....... :lol:

How do you pronounce it???? :lol:

Get off your High Horse 'Jim'. It's not like Habibahorhabiba or Schwarzynskii are any easy for us. Replace your Roshanahras and Darakhshaans to 'Joes' and 'Janes' and then talk!

Such differences existed but not to the extent one would perceive , if you look at several historians like Max Mullar and his stories and quotes on India , it no where reflects discrimination in terms of caste ..

Caste system did exist , but that was a Verna system , where your caste was decided according to your merit , every caste was equally respected and each caste had several restrictions...for example...Brahmin's being the most wisest and administrators of society were barred from owning land or wealth . Valthmiki who wrote the Ramayana himself was born as an untouchable...

Though am personally unsure when the transformation from merit based to birth based too place , all i know is Brits made things far far far worse than it was ....

:lol:

This is a pretty useful text, and seems to be a prescribed syllabus for Calicut Uni's BA program. Especially revealing is page 39, in the context of your assertion about Brahmins being barred from owning Land.
http://www.universityofcalicut.info/SDE/BA_his_medieval_india_society.pdf

The details provided in this article are pretty damning.I don't know how much the facts presented inside this article are authentic, as there's no authorship provided. But the site that hosts it is an educational website.
http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/5133/8/08_chapter 2.pdf

Last edited:
I dont think even a random letter name such as xyxmt is harder to pronounce than srinivas

Do not pronounce it as x-y-x-m-t, pronounce it as a whole word and tell me how ...... :azn:

On the other hand Srinivas is a well known name and can be pronounced easily ....... :sarcastic:

Back
Top Bottom