What's new

Shahzeb murder case: Shahrukh Jatoi, two other suspects released on bail

Perhaps, however the matter is more than just a simple murder.

In this particular case, the state become involved and hence it was a test of law, a test of conscience and a test of humanity......all failed and power of a landlord won. Basically, this could have be made and set as an example and could have laid a foundation to ensure that landlord madness and waderaism was put on hold. Tomorrow, this will continue and may perhaps increase.
According to Islamic as well as Pakistani jurisprudence, state cannot become a party in a murder case as long as there is no terrorism. The law does not work to soothe emotions of people or for political symbolism. Public opinions, aspirations and emotions have no place in the process of law.

Shahzeb murder case: Shahrukh Jatoi, two other suspects released on bail
December 23, 2017

By:Samaa Web Desk

Published in Pakistan

Be the first to comment!
Shahrukh-Jatoi.jpg

KARACHI: Prime suspect of Shahzeb Khan murder case Shahrukh Jatoi and two other suspects were released on bail on Saturday, Samaa reported.

The city court in Karachi released Shahrukh Jatoi, Siraj Talpur and Sajjad Talpur were released on bail after submitting surety bonds of Rs. 0.5 million each.

Jatoi was also released on bail in the posession of arms case after he submitted a surety bond of Rs. 0.1 million.

Earlier, the father of Shahzeb Khan submitted an affidavit which stated that he supported his bail plea in the court.

It is pertinent to mention that that Shahzeb Khan was shot dead by Jatoi in 2013.

An Anti-Terrorism Court had awarded capital punishment to Jatoi and Talpur whereas a life imprisonment sentence was awarded to Talpur.
Lakh di lanat on this judicial system.

According to Islamic as well as Pakistani jurisprudence, state cannot become a party in a murder case as long as there is no terrorism. The law does not work to soothe emotions of people or for political symbolism. Public opinions, aspirations and emotions have no place in the process of law.

Agreed. However, the charge of terrorism was incorporated in the full charge sheet. Thus the state was involved.

State can become the party as per Islamic and Pakistani laws since parents are threatens to made the truce....Murdered person was Pakistani so in that case Court can refuse to oblige parents request to forgive the accuse since from the begining they are not compromised but later suddenly change their mind after public loose interest. Clearly shows that they were threaten and in that case Govt/court can upheld the original sentence.

State can become the party as per Islamic and Pakistani laws since parents are threatens to made the truce....Murdered person was Pakistani so in that case Court can refuse to oblige parents request to forgive the accuse since from the begining they are not compromised but later suddenly change their mind after public loose interest. Clearly shows that they were threaten and in that case Govt/court can upheld the original sentence.

State was originally a party since there was a terrorism charge included but subsequently, the Supreme Court removed that charge so the state was no more a party in this case.

One has to bring forth circumstantial evidence that the parents were threatened. Media reports based on emotional sensationalism are not viable evidence.

The father is a high ranking police officer so this usual theory of THREATENING is not credible in my opinion.

State was originally a party since there was a terrorism charge included but subsequently, the Supreme Court removed that charge so the state was no more a party in this case.

One has to bring forth circumstantial evidence that the parents were threatened. Media reports based on emotional sensationalism are not viable evidence.

The father is a high ranking police officer so this usual theory of THREATENING is not credible in my opinion.
High ranking Police officer is nothing against Jatois and Talpurs.....

I study this case since day one and I met a person who was trainee lawyer and told me his father was badly threaten by various means.

High ranking Police officer is nothing against Jatois and Talpurs.....

I study this case since day one and I met a person who was trainee lawyer and told me his father was badly threaten by various means.
He got a huge sum of money and has Australian immigration as well. I know it's hard to accept but money is very powerful. His alive son could never bring him those riches that his dead one has brought him. However, I am no one to judge him.

The case was hugely publicised and the whole public was behind him so I don't believe in this theory of threatening. He was not a Sindhi peasant.

its easy to judge the victims family for taking money and giving in to the killers but its a damn expensive affair fighting a case in Pakistani courts. A friend of mine who himself is a lawyer has just paid 2.5 million in fees to a supreme court lawyer to contest the case on their behalf & that does not include the fees and expenses in the lower courts along with the time & effort required to pursue such a matter.

The entire city could not arrange the huge sum of money that was offered to him. His son is dead and if he finds solace in money, then so be it. We should not be judgemental.

Logically, his son is not coming back so there is no harm in accepting money so that he and his family can live in comfort.

letting him go scoot free has set a precedence ,you and your family can be harassed if you resist you can be killed and murderers can go away with it if they have money.
The question arises here was the victims family protected against any pressure by the judicial system and the state. We all are well aware how much power these waderas and corrupt elite can buy and thats what they have been doing since 47.

His father is not to be blamed here but the system is to be.

Yar when altaf hussain can go scot free in England than this is Pakistan. Why wait for the courts get ur own justice if u can otherwise learn to live with it.

Daily reminder that 7th century laws are and will continue to be abused in today's time.

Time and time again diyat and qisas laws have been he passage way for influentials to escape the gallows. Another name that comes to mind is Raymond Davis who used the same loophole to escape after admitting to have commited murder. Don't hate the judiciary or system. Repeal the law.

280 million rupees
A plot in Karachi
And a flat in Australia

That’s how much the value of his sons life was unfortunately for them that may fill the gap of their son.

280 million rupees
A plot in Karachi
And a flat in Australia

That’s how much the value of his sons life was unfortunately for them that may fill the gap of their son.
That is a lot of money from the perspective of lower, middle or even upper-middle classes. The son is not coming back so there is no harm in accepting money so that the family can live comfortably.

Money doesn't fill the gap of a dead son but it runs the world. We cannot judge the family since we are not in their position.

Back
Top Bottom