What's new

Shahid Afridi press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indian Movies, dekhte ho, gane sunte ho shadiyon mein nachte ho phir Cricket per kyon yaad aata hai sab.

You people can't take his statements seriously. He is delusional from the loss. He doesn't watch indian movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
You people can't take his statements seriously. A white guy is surrounded by black people, of course he is going to feel intimidated and say what they want him to say.

Yaar you wanna stop trolling with all this skin racist cr@p?

I prefer Strings to Jal! Strings is one of my all time fav bands! And I like Farhan more than Atif!

A Bollywood craze in Pakistan

Popular Bollywood numbers, particularly those of Kishore Kumar, blare out at paan shops and food courts as never before. The ever-popular Shah Rukh Khan, Pakistanis say, has assumed the status of a national icon.

"There is not a single town, a single village, a single 'mohalla' (neighbourhood) where Indian films and television programmes are not being seen," says Aijaz Gul, a leading movie critic in Pakistan.

"Believe it or not," Gul told IANS, "some Hindi movies are seen here on DVDs and CDs even before they get released in Bombay (Mumbai)!"

The Pakistan government still does not permit Indian films to be imported and Indian movies are not shown in the rapidly declining cinema theatres in the country as Islamabad feels Indian films would have a "corrupting influence" on Islamic culture and overwhelm the local film industry.

But that in no way has diminished the popularity or appeal of Hindi movies - and their easy availability.

"This is hypocritical," said Gul, who writes extensively on Pakistani and Indian cinema and visited New Delhi in July. "Why can't the government allow Indian films to be imported legally and earn tax?"

In recent times, cable network operators have begun beaming Hindi films on television. This, people here say, has contributed enormously to their popularity.

A family subscribing to cable television, for Rs.300 rupees a month, gets to watch over a dozen Hindi movies during the period. Such is the craze for Bollywood that two Pakistani FM channels broadcast Hindi film songs every day.

"There are no musical barriers when it comes to films and music," said Wasim Ahmed, whose family operates the Power FM 99 radio network. "People always like good music, and we provide good music."

Amitabh Bachchan still remains the darling of millions of Pakistanis, though Shah Rukh Khan is undoubtedly the hero in the eyes of most of the young. Sunny Deol, Hrithik Roshan and Aamir Khan are other favourites. Aishwarya Rai, Juhi Chawla and Rani Mukherjee come on the favourite list of female Bollywood stars.

"I love Hindi films and everyone in my family also likes to watch Hindi films," said Imtiaz Ahmed, a young assistant in a textile shop who hails from Abbottabad town in the North West Frontier Province.

Added Gul: "Even the Indian TV operas are a big craze here. In my house, I cannot watch TV when I want. Come evenings, and my wife and daughter get glued to programmes like 'Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'."

Sameena Ahmed of the International Crisis Group (Pakistan chapter) explained the situation. "India and Pakistan enjoy two distinct identities. There is no doubt about that. But it does not mean people cannot appreciate each other's culture. Indeed, this is a very healthy sign," she said.

Net Pakistani Pakistan : - A Bollywood Craze in Pakistan

LOL.. you don't need to be so diplomatic.. even i don't like him.. take the mixers out and he is a croaked crow :P

LOL I thought you were gonna accuse me of being anti pakistan or something :P

Yeah I like one of his songs.. but I'm more of an "old soul"

You people can't take his statements seriously. A white guy is surrounded by black people, of course he is going to feel intimidated and say what they want him to say.

grapes are sour,
u will be hiding ur self,if i say something..
anyway,u cant digest this video,how will something else??

A Bollywood craze in Pakistan

"There is not a single town, a single village, a single 'mohalla' (neighbourhood) where Indian films and television programmes are not being seen," says Aijaz Gul, a leading movie critic in Pakistan.

what a BS is this. most pakistanis do not even have access to T.V.

@ vamshikrishna: dude we know about it.. we ARE Pakistanis.. we know what is the trend in Pakistan.. To be honest with you.. If Pakistan and India sorts out their problems then these two countries can be the leading countries in the World.. WE the people of Indo-Pak are extra ordinarily intelligent and hard working.. but the problem is our Politicians.. till the politics of these two countries is not changed we will neither be "Friends" nor "Developed".. PERIOD!

well, the fact is that indian music today is not that good in image. The male female relation is always made the issue in indian films and songs. . which leaves a negative impact on family relations. .

no i cant accept. now a days some songs are very good. some r not good. because western culture is going very fast in india. due to globalization bollywood has termendously changed.

no i cant accept. now a days some songs are very good. some r not good. because western culture is going very fast in india. due to globalization bollywood has termendously changed.

True :tup:

Some things are better unchanged..

he forgot 1971............... otherwise he wouldnt have said this thing

LOL I thought you were gonna accuse me of being anti pakistan or something :P

Yeah I like one of his songs.. but I'm more of an "old soul"

OLD is GOLD man.. i love to listen to old songs, the classical and semi-classicals.. a have a huge collection of Asatza with me and i love to listen to them.. they have soothing effect.. Today's music.. Indian or Pakistani is good but not great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom