What's new

Shahed-136 - Tracking usage & expanding understanding.

why you think a 3000 ton sub is big for a sea that has an average depth of more than 2700m
Ah, now I understand what you mean.

I'm not saying they are too big and should get smaller or something. It's just that in my opinion 1000 tons is better.

Because: cheaper, fewer crew, less noisy and enough range and endurance to suit Iran's needs all else being equal.

I think Besat is a step in the right direction, it's like Iranian government is reading my mind.

Ah, now I understand what you mean.

I'm not saying they are too big and should get smaller or something. It's just that in my opinion 1000 tons is better.

Because: cheaper, fewer crew, less noisy and enough range and endurance to suit Iran's needs all else being equal.

I think Besat is a step in the right direction, it's like Iranian government is reading my mind.
kilo subs are known to be one of the most silent type of submarines to the extent that western navies nicknamed them as black hole .
actually the smaller the sub it will be harder to mask its noise, it seems it has something to do with lessor noise dampening technique and insulation you can use in them

kilo subs are known to be one of the most silent type of submarines to the extent that western navies nicknamed them as black hole .
actually the smaller the sub it will be harder to mask its noise, it seems it has something to do with lessor noise dampening technique and insulation you can use in them
Compared to what though? they were the smallest of Soviet subs next to behemoths like Typhoon class

The idea is, Iran isn't North Korea, where the main threat is right next door. Nor are you Soviet Union who was competing for world hegemony. Neither of their submarines are designed for Iran's needs.

Iran's problem is the American carrier groups that could launch attacks from the Arabian sea and surrounding waters. Besat is a perfect fit.

Basically a Type 209 with blackjack and hookers. :lol:

Looks to be new canister launchers for the s-136.
136.jpg
F687YYVWkAAOas3

The smaller the sub the harder to mask its acoustic signature from sonar. It doesn’t matter how silent you are if your hull reflects back a lot of sound waves.

Same reason it’s easier to lower the RCS of B-2 size object vs RQ-170 object. More surface area to disperse the signal less signal travels back to radar.

If they can shorten the width bit, unless the angle of the photograph is misleading, it doesn't seem it can be disguised in a trailer on the back of a truck, like the original method we saw with the S-131

I wonder if the sides spin back to the front during transport.
It looks like the Shahed containers are on a hydraulic pallet, and this platform looks like it is slightly elevated off the base of the truck. Maybe their is some sort of rotating circular platter under the pallet that allows it to turn like a audio turntable

Shahed-136 GNSS (GPS/Glonass) receiver is a SDR board with FPGA.

Likely it must use something variation of this software:

If you find a bug in it, you will find a bug in the shahed.

Back
Top Bottom