What's new

Shahed-136 - Tracking usage & expanding understanding.

S-136 serial #s now into the 4 digits.....😲
FxHvE-9X0AM6S7X.jpg

🇮🇷:enjoy:🇮🇷

It's been quite noticeable most kills that are filmed are SAM kills, not AAA guns. Surely at this point these UAS's have put quite a bit of burden on SAM inventories.
The ukrainians probably use Gepards and other mobile AA guns far from populated areas. The drones are slow, giving them time to direct its mobile air defence units covering estimated entries. A Shahed passing something like a Gepard within a few kilometers is not going to survive.

if we want to go with Ukraine government claims they must be way into 5 digit :sarcastic:
You forgot to say the ukrainians blur the serial number.

Looks more like Lancet and artillery strikes.
A Shahed is only useful against a somewhat big and stationary target. There is no way a Shahed is targetting a BUK system.

Last edited:
The ukrainians probably use Gepards and other mobile AA guns far from populated areas. The drones are slow, giving them time to direct its mobile air defence units covering estimated entries. A Shahed passing something like a Gepard within a few kilometers is not going to survive.
I'm not quite sure Gepards have been as successful as claimed due to range limitations, but I can see if you construct a ring of them outside city limits, you can have a effective defence setup.

That being said, the reason we see videos of the Shahead system filmed by residents in the city of Kiev is likely because it passed though the rings, in which case SAMs were used above the city.

I'm not quite sure Gepards have been as successful as claimed due to range limitations, but I can see if you construct a ring of them outside city limits, you can have a effective defence setup.

That being said, the reason we see videos of the Shahead system filmed by residents in the city of Kiev is likely because it passed though the rings, in which case SAMs were used above the city.
Ukraine doesnt have enough mobile AA systems to defend every single civilian structure, hence Russia can terrorize Ukraine with these drones. But it is not going to effect anything at the frontline. I will bet those Shahed drones havent targetted anything of military value, and if they did, they would face something like a Gepard.

Ukraine doesnt have enough mobile AA systems to defend every single civilian structure, hence Russia can terrorize Ukraine with these drones. But it is not going to effect anything at the frontline. I will bet those Shahed drones havent targetted anything of military value, and if they did, they would face something like a Gepard.
Theirs no doubt they have targetted things of military value. Their are plenty of videos in the thread that can attest to that.

But I am also under the impression it is not always the case and I've seen some Apartment buildings attacked as well. Regardless, as you said it doesn't affect the front line. Ironically, everyone is looking for a super weapon, while its the simple things that would change the course. Shells, grenades, bullets, men and more shells. Oh yeah, and tanks.

Back
Top Bottom