What's new

Shahed-129 MALE UCAV | News and Discussions

@haman10 I don't remember what thread but you said a group in Iraq has Shahed UCAV.

AAH released a video but it looks like it's just an edited video. Airstrikes seen in the vid are from King air 350 aircraft hellfire missiles.

It must be fake, you need an airfield for Shahed 129, militia's don't control any airbase/field.

Last edited:
@haman10 I don't remember what thread but you said a group in Iraq has Shahed UCAV.

AAH released a video but it looks like it's just an edited video. Airstrikes seen in the vid are from King air 350 aircraft hellfire missiles.

It must be fake, you need an airfield for Shahed 129, militia's don't control any airbase/field.

Good hunting.

It's not necessarily fake, because operating this drone requires only a small and proper paved way with a building and not even a small airport. I don't think that's anything hard to find in Iraq.

a group in Iraq has Shahed UCAV.
Didn't say a group . i said the IRQAF was in possession of 1-2 Shahed-129s .

And my source is semi-credible . its a guy who is almost an expert in the situation of Iraq and Syria .

he tracks everything min by min , and i really mean it !!

he has real-time intel on the situation . he is one of those guys who creates the maps of the situation and so on .

@SOHEIL knows him

That video is debunked here:

You Can’t Spell UCAV Without Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

January 12, 2015

Looks like Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq’s video claiming to have killed ISIS jihadis in Iraq with Iranian drone strikes was even worse than I thought. Nothing particularly earth-shattering—fake video is extra fake!—but it’s still amusing.

A few months ago I wrote a longish piece for Medium on Iran’s drone program(s) (Phil Smyth has the best analysis of the group and its role in Iraq). In the course of the research for it, I found out that a video put out by Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq, an Iranian proxy group in Iraq, purporting to show the group directing a Shahed-129 drone strike on ISIS targets was a fake. Shocking, I know.

The group made the mistake of using footage from the Iraqi Air Force showing manned aircraft hitting ISIS targets with American-provided Hellfire missiles. Bonus points for using the right kind of missile. Minus several thousand for the terrible copy and paste job.

tumblr_inline_ni35q0JGeu1t7dm9h.png

tumblr_inline_ni35riHA4v1t7dm9h.png

Above: Still from the Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq video. Below: Still from the Iraqi MOD video. Annotations in both by yours truly.

In the course of some recent organizing of old notes, I took a look at the video again and noticed that the control station footage Asa’ib was hinting as the Shaheds didn’t look like the footage of Shahed-129 control stations shown by Iranian TV.

tumblr_inline_ni372dlNnB1t7dm9h.png

tumblr_inline_ni372mIxyy1t7dm9h.png

Shahed-129 control stations as depicted on Iranian TV

There’s a good reason for that: they’re not Shahed-129 ground control stations. The control stations that Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq would like you to believe are helping them direct missile strikes are in fact shots of a Reaper training control station used by U.S. Air Force UAV pilots at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico. Asa’ib ripped them off from a Journeyman Pictures documentary about drones called “Rise of the Machines.”

tumblr_inline_ni378ttJng1t7dm9h.png

tumblr_inline_ni379dggYz1t7dm9h.png

Above: Still from Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq video. Below: Still from Journey Pictures documentary “Rise of the Machines”

Asa’ib tried to make the ripoff fit a little better into its video by altering the control station screens in its ripped off version. Their video shows black and white footage of ISIS holdouts beaming back and forth from field troops back and the control station so the prosaic color footage from the original Journeyman doc screens wouldn’t quite fit. Hence the edits.

As is always the case, though, the little things help give you away. The same multicolor retractible pen is visible resting on the top of the keyboard in each shot, to say nothing of the overall similarity of shots.

Nice try, fellas but Bic tells no lies.

The funny thing is how unnecessary this particular copy and paste job was. Ripping off the Iraqi Air Force footage makes sense. Faking convincing strike footage on their own would be relatively more difficult. Insofar as one is ok with pilfering footage to tell lies, better to use the Iraq Air Force video as it involves the appropriate targets (ISIS), environment (Iraq) and munitions (Hellfire air-to-ground missile) for the kind of story they’re trying to tell.

The control station copy & paste job makes relatively less sense to me, though. The Shahed TV rollout that showed the correct control station took place in September 2013 and the video was widely available on YouTube that same month. The Asa’ib video wasn’t released until January 2014—months later.

Maybe they figured the Shahed-129 footage would be too easily recognized so better to pick a more obscure source. Who knows.

You Can't Spell UCAV Without Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

I always give the example, that if Jesus was filmed walking on Water in Iran, the World media would report it and add at the end of every article or tv footage, that well but iranians are terrorists, they are irrational, the Water looks photoshopped, his robe was too clean, his robe was too dirty, TOO LONG, TOO SHORT, his beared was fake and so and so and so on and on. If I could, I would give you the Nobel prize, being it so worthless as it is today, but all this joy in your voice for what? All I care about is, that there is a drone and it is operational!
Still I give you a better one to help make your day. ALL OF OUR STUFF IS FAKE AND PHOTOSHOPPED. OUR PLANES ARE MADE OF PAPER, OUR TANKS ARE TREEHOUSES AND OUR BULLETS ARE MADE OF SPIT. NOW SPRED THE NEWS!
I sometimes read a comment here or there, where someone answers some western dupe, that "I dont agree with you but you are right about...." or "perhaps you could be right about .....". Sadly some of us don't understand yet, that the West has spent billions of dollars and has hired the best minds in the history of science JUST TO PUT THIS KIND OF SEEDS IN THE MINDS OF OUR PEOPLE. AND WHEN IT IS DONE, THEY THEMSELVES DO THE REST OF TH WORK FOR OUR ENEMIES.
We have to turn our minds into a shield against your implicit and explicit propaganda and stand tall against you! I honestly doubt, that it is our drones your leaders fear!

That video is debunked here:

You Can’t Spell UCAV Without Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

January 12, 2015

Looks like Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq’s video claiming to have killed ISIS jihadis in Iraq with Iranian drone strikes was even worse than I thought. Nothing particularly earth-shattering—fake video is extra fake!—but it’s still amusing.

A few months ago I wrote a longish piece for Medium on Iran’s drone program(s) (Phil Smyth has the best analysis of the group and its role in Iraq). In the course of the research for it, I found out that a video put out by Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq, an Iranian proxy group in Iraq, purporting to show the group directing a Shahed-129 drone strike on ISIS targets was a fake. Shocking, I know.

The group made the mistake of using footage from the Iraqi Air Force showing manned aircraft hitting ISIS targets with American-provided Hellfire missiles. Bonus points for using the right kind of missile. Minus several thousand for the terrible copy and paste job.

tumblr_inline_ni35q0JGeu1t7dm9h.png

tumblr_inline_ni35riHA4v1t7dm9h.png

Above: Still from the Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq video. Below: Still from the Iraqi MOD video. Annotations in both by yours truly.

In the course of some recent organizing of old notes, I took a look at the video again and noticed that the control station footage Asa’ib was hinting as the Shaheds didn’t look like the footage of Shahed-129 control stations shown by Iranian TV.

tumblr_inline_ni372dlNnB1t7dm9h.png

tumblr_inline_ni372mIxyy1t7dm9h.png

Shahed-129 control stations as depicted on Iranian TV

There’s a good reason for that: they’re not Shahed-129 ground control stations. The control stations that Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq would like you to believe are helping them direct missile strikes are in fact shots of a Reaper training control station used by U.S. Air Force UAV pilots at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico. Asa’ib ripped them off from a Journeyman Pictures documentary about drones called “Rise of the Machines.”

tumblr_inline_ni378ttJng1t7dm9h.png

tumblr_inline_ni379dggYz1t7dm9h.png

Above: Still from Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq video. Below: Still from Journey Pictures documentary “Rise of the Machines”

Asa’ib tried to make the ripoff fit a little better into its video by altering the control station screens in its ripped off version. Their video shows black and white footage of ISIS holdouts beaming back and forth from field troops back and the control station so the prosaic color footage from the original Journeyman doc screens wouldn’t quite fit. Hence the edits.

As is always the case, though, the little things help give you away. The same multicolor retractible pen is visible resting on the top of the keyboard in each shot, to say nothing of the overall similarity of shots.

Nice try, fellas but Bic tells no lies.

The funny thing is how unnecessary this particular copy and paste job was. Ripping off the Iraqi Air Force footage makes sense. Faking convincing strike footage on their own would be relatively more difficult. Insofar as one is ok with pilfering footage to tell lies, better to use the Iraq Air Force video as it involves the appropriate targets (ISIS), environment (Iraq) and munitions (Hellfire air-to-ground missile) for the kind of story they’re trying to tell.

The control station copy & paste job makes relatively less sense to me, though. The Shahed TV rollout that showed the correct control station took place in September 2013 and the video was widely available on YouTube that same month. The Asa’ib video wasn’t released until January 2014—months later.

Maybe they figured the Shahed-129 footage would be too easily recognized so better to pick a more obscure source. Who knows.

You Can't Spell UCAV Without Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

ahahahah..

Can i get some info and specs from any Iranian forumer of the Fotros UAV, contrary to most Iranian products this one looks like a real proper functioning and effective aircraft. It really peaked my curiosity.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom