What's new

Shahbaz Sharif left alone by PTI in Lahore

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
:cheesy:

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has amazingly not put up a candidate against Mian Shahbaz Sharif in NA-129 Lahore constituency.

Instead, the PTI has decided to support an independent contestant, Munsha Sindhu, who is known to have excellent relations with Chaudhry Pervez Elahi and Habibullah Warraich. However, its decision is in sharp contrast to its claim that it will hit Lahore most hard, demolishing the PML-N.

When contacted, PTI Information Secretary Dr Shirin Mazari confirmed to The News that her party has not sponsored any candidate against Shahbaz Sharif and would back Munsha Sindhu, who is a very formidable competitor. She didn’t know the reason behind this decision.

Mohsin Warraich, whose name prominently figured in the National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) scam, has also filed nomination papers for this seat as it falls in the area from where his father, Habibullah Warraich, was once elected to the National Assembly. While Imran Khan is also contesting for a Lahore seat, the Sharif family itself has grabbed the most tickets in Lahore. In terms of constituencies, it surpassed the Zardari family whose three members, Faryal Talpur, her spouse Munawar Talpur and Dr Azra Pachecho, are fighting for different Sindh seats on PPP tickets.

Nawaz Sharif is vying for one National Assembly seat of Lahore, Shahbaz Sharif is aspiring for one national and two Punjab assembly seats while his son Hamza is competing for one seat each of the national and provincial assemblies.

Dr Mazari said that her name on the PTI’s list for reserved women’s seats stood first, which means that if her party was able to win sufficient seats to get just one special berth, she would be the lucky one.

In order of precedent, she is followed by Munazza Hassan, the first elected central president of the PTI’s women’s wing, Ayla Malik, Fauzia Kasuri, who recently relinquished her foreign nationality, and prominent gynaecologist Dr Yasmin Raashid, who is also contesting the direct election from NA-120 Lahore on her party’s ticket to challenge PML-N President Nawaz Sharif.

In the last minute surprising changes of tickets, the PTI has dumped its Punjab president Ijaz Chaudhry, who was its nominee for Punjab assembly constituency of PP-148 Lahore for being a bank defaulter.

According to the information provided to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) by the State Bank of Pakistan, Ijaz Chaudhry has a total of approximately Rs118 million overdue in his and his wife’s names as his Kissan Care has six overdue amounts. This became the prime reason behind withdrawal of the PTI ticket.

Another important change is the replacement of its candidate by the PML-N in NA-105 Gujrat constituency, which will see a frenzied fight between two leading stalwarts, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi of the PML-Q and Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar of the PPP. This is the seat where the PPP-Q League bonhomie stands shattered as none of the contestants was ready to step down. Both parties did not want to lose them and official awarded their tickets to them. The PML-N has brought in a close but estranged relative of the Chaudhrys of Gujrat, Chaudhry Mubashar, son of Chaudhry Tajamal, who joined it after quitting the PTI. The scheme is to split the Chaudhrys’ vote and pave the way for the victory of Ahmed Mukhtar. Naseer Abbas was replaced by the PML-N.

Mubashar’s association with the PML-N was managed by Ahmed Mukhtar’s elder brother Chaudhry Ahmed Saeed, who joined the PML-N some time back. The two brothers are at odds since long.

Another upset was the ditching of Ayaz Amir in Chakwal where the PML-N preferred Tahir Iqbal over him.

Shahbaz Sharif left alone by PTI in Lahore - thenews.com.pk

PMLN knew PTI hasn't got a strong candidate from that constituency hence they move SS there. BTW, why Shahbaz Sharif withdrew his nom. papers from Mianwali against IK? Why SS did not file his papers against IK in Lahore?

I wont be surprised if shahbaz sharif lost to mansha sandhu.

PMLN knew PTI hasn't got a strong candidate from that constituency hence they move SS there. BTW, why Shahbaz Sharif withdrew his nom. papers from Mianwali against IK? Why SS did not file his papers against IK in Lahore?

errrrrrrr sir plz check 2008 result, Pmln won 11 seat in Lahore. Pmln was 5000 votes behind Ghurki ( PPP ) in NA-130 but in this 129 we lost with a big margin. Shahbaz Sharif has taken the two most difficult constituencies in Lahore. NA-129 and the provincial seat under NA-128 where there is a tough competition against Khokar baradari

and the news of SS contesting from Miawali was not true

and why IK did not file papers against him ???

Yar Khamba bhi khara ker dete tou jheet jana tha... wonder why no candidate, but still shahbaz will face a tough time !

I wont be surprised if shahbaz sharif lost to mansha sandhu.

And that would be a crying shame, since I know for sure that Mansha Sandhu is Qabza Group. His cousin Iftikhar Sandhu is a lawyer who specializes in providing quasi-legal cover for Qabza activities for this syndicate. His minion offerend me substantial amount of money to get my cooperation. When I confronted Iftikhar Sandhu, he denied any knowledge of such a scheme and just BSed about how and why they had demolished my former workplace (a textile factory) in order to incorporate the land into a housing society. "We had purchased the land, we had no interest in the building. Ask the people who demolished it. Its not us" Yeah f****** right.

Oh, BTW, he was in process of filling Mansha Sandhu's nomination papers when I confronted him.

PTI trolls have no darned sense in such matters.

And that would be a crying shame, since I know for sure that Mansha Sandhu is Qabza Group. His cousin Iftikhar Sandhu is a lawyer who specializes in providing quasi-legal cover for Qabza activities for this syndicate. His minion offerend me substantial amount of money to get my cooperation. When I confronted Iftikhar Sandhu, he denied any knowledge of such a scheme and just BSed about how and why they had demolished my former workplace (a textile factory) in order to incorporate the land into a housing society. "We had purchased the land, we had no interest in the building. Ask the people who demolished it. Its not us" Yeah f****** right.

Oh, BTW, he was in process of filling Mansha Sandhu's nomination papers when I confronted him.

PTI trolls have no darned sense in such matters.

Thats just one side of the story, may be ur rite lets leave it on people their vote will decide who is bigger Qabza group, mansha sindhu or shahbaz sharif.

Maybe PTI just doesn't have a candidate against S.Sharif at the moment. Or they're looking for maximum seats this time and to prove themselves to Pakistanis. We'll never know the true capabilites of PTI's team until we see them in Assemblies.

errrrrrrr sir plz check 2008 result, Pmln won 11 seat in Lahore. Pmln was 5000 votes behind Ghurki ( PPP ) in NA-130 but in this 129 we lost with a big margin. Shahbaz Sharif has taken the two most difficult constituencies in Lahore. NA-129 and the provincial seat under NA-128 where there is a tough competition against Khokar baradari

and the news of SS contesting from Miawali was not true

and why IK did not file papers against him ???

Imran Khan's constituencies were announced weeks before PMLN's final candidates... why didn't PMLN placed their candidates namely Shahbaz and Nawaz against IK?

hows it possible ?? there got to be someone .. :/ lemi go to insaf.pk and check out candidates list

Yar Khamba bhi khara ker dete tou jheet jana tha... wonder why no candidate, but still shahbaz will face a tough time !

Tou sir khamba hmd khara krdna tha na :sad:

Imran Khan's constituencies were announced weeks before PMLN's final candidates... why didn't PMLN placed their candidates namely Shahbaz and Nawaz against IK?

Imran Khan filled his papers from NA-126 and then took them back, I dont know how you define a WEEK

+ Pmln is concentrating on winning elections and is working on its own plan. If someone really wanted to face NS he should have filled his papers from NA-120, after all the relationship between NA-120 and NS is almost 30 years old now.

Tou sir khamba hmd khara krdna tha na :sad:

they found a better option, the drug dealer Sindho :D

hows it possible ?? there got to be someone .. :/ lemi go to insaf.pk and check out candidates list

yes yes, it will be boring without Pti :)

Back
Top Bottom