What's new

SHAHBAGH SQUARE-A NEW RISE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you have noticed or not but it seems you are on edge from past few days. I know you are concern about Islam
but you should remember the following ayah-

“Everyone upon the earth will perish, And there will remain the Face of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor.” (Sura 55:26-27)
l
Its our duty to remind people about Islam but we are not required to go to extreme level. So, don't bother much about people let them take the benefit of freedom of choice granted by ALLAH.

Right you are, i need to take a break... thanks for the post..... It refreshed my mind suddenly....

Right you are, i need to take a break... thanks for the post..... It refreshed my mind suddenly....

Glad to help. I used to give too much emphasis on people but upon focusing on ALLAH i found peace.

and how do you suggest that ISLAMIC people will vote for a party which is not completely ISLAMIC and only follows some part of it, but yet claims to be Jamaat ISLAMI? thats even a greater insult to the religion :hitwall: no wonder they aonly have 4.6%votes with them

hmm, you want a perfectionist? No, there is no perfect party in BD, at least right now.

You need to compare the magnitudes of faults among the parties, not the faults.

And if you do so, you will clearly get a picture like:

Fascism: BAL (more), Jammat (close to zero).
Corruption: BAL (more), Jammat (close to zero).
Extremism: BAL (more), Jammat (Less).
Terrorism: BAL (more), Jammat (Less).
Education: BAL (Less), Jammat (more).
Human Morality: BAL (close to zero), Jammat (more).
Representation of Islamic values: BAL (close to zero), Jammat (more).

Now look, Jammat is not any perfect party, it also shows extremism, but I would say BAL has made them compulsive.

Lastly, if go and find for the faults, yes you will win every argument here, as everyone has faults.

This is what I saw at Shahbag yesterday and reported on my Facebook page -

Just back from Shahabag or ‘Prajanma Chattar’ if you prefer. I took photos from three directions (Dhaka University, BSMMU and Ramna) and it is quite obvious that there are no more than a few hundred hard core ‘occupiers’ in the centre and so this is certainly not comparable to Tahrir Square. In fact in my opinion ‘Prajanma Chattar’ should actually be called ‘Gorar Dim Chattar’. Ninety percent of the people passing through the area had no interest in the sloganeering and political speeches and were just there for the fun of the spectacle or simply finding a new exciting place to go dating. I found many teenagers mocking the speeches but the majority was completely disinterested or indifferent. It is obvious that this whole thing has been hyped and overblown by the AL/Indian media and press.

I next went to Baily Road for lunch and on my way into Pizza Hut a procession of youths passed by on the road chanting about 1971 and death to Razakars. I observed that on both sides of the road the numerous teenagers were simply bemused or irritated. Having talked to rickshaw pullers, passengers and ordinary people in the vicinity of Shahbag it was apparent the tide was now turning against this movement with many people angry at the excessive force used by the police against Shibir and the government not allowing the Jamaat-e-Islami to protest peacefully. The government and those secretly sponsoring ‘Prajanma Chattar’ should, however, be more concerned about a possible backlash from the real masses of Bangladesh which appears increasingly likely as people don’t like to be lied to or manipulated ………

আমরা ১৬ কোটির পরিবার মাত্র ১ লক্ষ স্বাক্ষর যোগাড় করে শাহবাগকেও অবশেষে বিশ্বমানচিত্রে নিয়ে আসতে পারি।
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-are-seeking-justice-war-crimes-1971/mXK56Q8v
( collected )

This is what I saw at Shahbag yesterday and reported on my Facebook page -

Just back from Shahabag or ‘Prajanma Chattar’ if you prefer. I took photos from three directions (Dhaka University, BSMMU and Ramna) and it is quite obvious that there are no more than a few hundred hard core ‘occupiers’ in the centre and so this is certainly not comparable to Tahrir Square. In fact in my opinion ‘Prajanma Chattar’ should actually be called ‘Gorar Dim Chattar’. Ninety percent of the people passing through the area had no interest in the sloganeering and political speeches and were just there for the fun of the spectacle or simply finding a new exciting place to go dating. I found many teenagers mocking the speeches but the majority was completely disinterested or indifferent. It is obvious that this whole thing has been hyped and overblown by the AL/Indian media and press.

I next went to Baily Road for lunch and on my way into Pizza Hut a procession of youths passed by on the road chanting about 1971 and death to Razakars. I observed that on both sides of the road the numerous teenagers were simply bemused or irritated. Having talked to rickshaw pullers, passengers and ordinary people in the vicinity of Shahbag it was apparent the tide was now turning against this movement with many people angry at the excessive force used by the police against Shibir and the government not allowing the Jamaat-e-Islami to protest peacefully. The government and those secretly sponsoring ‘Prajanma Chattar’ should, however, be more concerned about a possible backlash from the real masses of Bangladesh which appears increasingly likely as people don’t like to be lied to or manipulated ………

keep discussing yourselves , bujh dite thakun nijeke eheheh :D
"Bangladesh which appears increasingly likely as people don’t like to be lied to or manipulated"
- i am one of them

অর্থহীন ব্যান্ড!! শাহবাগ নিয়ে গেয়েছেন সুমন।

One general public beating a shibir activist while police was chasing to capture him day before yesterday when Jamat Shibir vandalized cars near Karwan Bazar...

579613_10151422438527590_1082143545_n.jpg
Lolololol, wish our resident jamatis will try same kinda antics instead of hiding behind comp screen and posting to PDF. :p:

Last edited by a moderator:
অর্থহীন ব্যান্ড!! শাহবাগ নিয়ে গেয়েছেন সুমন।

Have u found the other song "tin minuiter jonno" by shumon. Its also a nice song.

Candle-lit country
Nation joins Shahbagh youths to mourn all deaths at the hands of Jamaat-Shibir; grand rally at 3pm today
2013-02-15__fr01.jpg

Candle-lit <i>country</i>

Flame of freedom lighted

01_Shahbagh+Candle_140213.jpg

This aerial image shows spectacular specks of light and colour during a candlelit vigil at Shahbagh Square, the bastion of the youth-led popular uprising, in the capital on Thursday night. People of all ages participated in the breathtaking show of solidarity.

daily sun | First Page | Flame of freedom lighted

Candle of hope lit across Bangladesh
Life stopped in its tracks as millions of people across Bangladesh held a candlelight vigil from wherever they could on Thursday in an extraordinary show of support for the Shahbagh movement.
Shakib-Candle.jpg

Candle of hope lit across Bangladesh - bdnews24.com

Candle-lit country
Nation joins Shahbagh youths to mourn all deaths at the hands of Jamaat-Shibir; grand rally at 3pm today
2013-02-15__fr01.jpg

Candle-lit <i>country</i>

Flame of freedom lighted

image_410_89786.jpg

This aerial image shows spectacular specks of light and colour during a candlelit vigil at Shahbagh Square, the bastion of the youth-led popular uprising, in the capital on Thursday night. People of all ages participated in the breathtaking show of solidarity.

daily sun | First Page | Flame of freedom lighted

Candle of hope lit across Bangladesh
Life stopped in its tracks as millions of people across Bangladesh held a candlelight vigil from wherever they could on Thursday in an extraordinary show of support for the Shahbagh movement.
Shakib-Candle.jpg

Candle of hope lit across Bangladesh - bdnews24.com

Bangladesh Bangladesh Bangladesh! :smitten:

Yesterday protesters in Dhaka at Shahbagh demanded capital punishment of the Jamaati convicted war criminals of 71 with candle light....

Whats going on here ?

Candlelight vigils are seen as a nonviolent way to raise awareness of a cause and to motivate change, as well as uniting and supporting those attending the vigil.

This is an imported phenomena.

Whatever happened to just good ol burning cars and buses ?

Trying to guess something.

Untitled.jpg

Google Earth says there is 226157 Square feet area in that Yellow area.

If one person takes 2 square feet on average,
then I think, accommodation of 1,13,078 (226157/2) people is possible in this selected area considering that there is no void space.

I think I have taken extended area, now what is the percentage of this protesters of total BD population?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom