What's new

Sexual health book in Pakistan schools draws protests

Well, in my opinion sex education should be implemented in every school in 8th class and onward as it is on average the puberty age. It's not that I'm in favor of this implementation but come on guys be realistic - sit down with your family one day and turn on your television, one way or the other sex is being promoted in every television show which makes you shy not to watch it with your family - from Drama Serials to commercial advertisements, and yes I'm talking about Pakistani channels not Indian. Go out to a Market for shopping, and see those advertisement boards with girls sitting in awkward positions with red blooded lips and short dressing with sexual parts of the body catchy to the eye. Turn any newspaper and see on page-3 what kind of pictures has been given of celebrities, leave the menace of mobile phone and their ads alone and these kind of events are very popular among the youngs to discuss with each other at their schools and gatherings with no option to escape.

Now, what a poor young blood can do in this case to fill the thirst of his lust - look for a girl friend or a prostitute or use a shampoo or spit on his hand - you can simply not escape the environment and the environment has been created as such to make you want SEX - but in any case sex education is necessary in todays time and age.

what.....???? u know what are you trying to justify here?
i think you should be careful and you should use proper words( in bold part)

Everyone should know safe sexual practices, as long as it is age appropriate & read by people who its appropriate for. People need to get out of their archaic mindsets. I remember in grade 3, we were taught about the problem of sexual abuse in this world, an information session, at our school in Islamabad.

Using condom during intercourse is not allowed in Islam right?

There isnt any need to use a condom at the first place at all, u see. because we are supposed to have sexual relations with our spouse only. But problems crop up when you start having multiple partners.

In my personal opinion, I dont think there is any need to teach all this to young kids.

[/B][/U]

what.....???? u know what are you trying to justify here?
i think you should be careful and you should use proper words( in bold part)

I'm not justifying anything here. I gave a reasonable explanation and a norm which the youngsters (like myself) are into these days. About the 'words' part, well, I did not offend anyone neither I attacked someone with it, and if it did any of it to you, then my apologies to you but that's a fact and a fact will always remain a fact no matter how you twist the 'words'. You are allowed to disagree with me.

In my personal opinion, I dont think there is any need to teach all this to young kids.

You are right. See in Western countries you often get to see underage girls being pregnant or giving birth to a baby during teenage. So teaching them about safe-sex seems like a good idea. At least some of those girls would not be pregnant at age 14. But in Asia the scenario is completely different, here the cases are very few so it is not required to teach them about sex at such a minor age. Yes may be start teaching them from college onwards????

Sex education should first of all be provided to the parent. Only when they realise its importance can they realise what it means for their child.

I attended a convent school and in class 8 us girls were given a "talk" on it, it wasn't called sex education. Our Islamiat teacher briefed us on issues such as menstruation, keeping ourselves clean, and hygiene. I remember one the girls had still not hit puberty and she came out, and asked her mum, "what are periods?" and her mum slapped her. This was a 13 year old who would be menstrauting soon and this was how her mother was reacting. Many mothers still don't give their daughters the brief. It's all gibberish and confused brains till they go online on the internet, or take O level biology, where it's taught in a very matter of fact manner.

Sex education in no way implies that they are allowing sex outside of marriage. It's very basic concepts about knowing your own body. I have often wondered our society is so conservative, but they have no issues with an arranged marriage where the girl hardly knows about the boy but is expected to have sexual relations with him from the night of their marriage. What does that say about how a woman's body is treated?

The average age of marriage for Pakistani girls is arnd 16 years so if they are conducting such classes in a secondary school then they are targetting the right sample. There is nothing wrong with this stuff. There are men who feel it's permissible for their wives to have an abortion as birth control, as compared to using a condom or the woman using COCs. Someone I know has had so many "cleanings" because her husband just wouldn't wear a condom.

I agree with what Astanosh posted earlier, there is so much sexualisation arnd us, it's better to teach our kids the right thing and then let them choose, rather than them making choices that they'll regret later in life.

You are right. See in Western countries you often get to see underage girls being pregnant or giving birth to a baby during teenage. So teaching them about safe-sex seems like a good idea. At least some of those girls would not be pregnant at age 14. But in Asia the scenario is completely different, here the cases are very few so it is not required to teach them about sex at such a minor age. Yes may be start teaching them from college onwards????

By the time they reach college, they already have enough knowledge about such things, so I dont think theres any need to to teach them anything of this sort. We come to learn these things naturally.
Here in India, i saw one such book of sexual education, that was supposed to be taught to kids of 8-9 standards. And that book was ridiculous. It had sexual positions, colored photographs explaining how to do everything. I mean it was simply ridiculous. I would never want my kids to be reading such a book at that age.

Sex education should first of all be provided to the parent. Only when they realise its importance can they realise what it means for their child.

Most parents on this part of the world are reluctant to do so. :disagree:

By the time they reach college, they already have enough knowledge about such things, so I dont think theres any need to to teach them anything of this sort. We come to learn these things naturally.
Here in India, i saw one such book of sexual education, that was supposed to be taught to kids of 8-9 standards. And that book was ridiculous. It had sexual positions, colored photographs explaining how to do everything. I mean it was simply ridiculous. I would never want my kids to be reading such a book at that age.

lolz this forum is turning out to be desi-adult-forum :lol: see even google ads changed now after visiting this thread for two or three times and now appearing dirty pics in ads :cry:

lolz this forum is turning out to be desi-adult-forum :lol: see even google ads changed now after visiting this thread for two or three times and now appearing dirty pics in ads :cry:

Try the Elmo version, no suc thing there. It's showing Muslim Boys schools ads, commercial diving and co-ed nurseries.

I think if there is no interaction between male and female in all strata of society and if there are religious and social restrictions, then sex education need not be given.

However, the operative word is that there should be no interaction between the genders.

I wonder if such a pristine society can ever exist.

The problem is that there is so much of interaction global and on the cyberspace, 'evil' influences permeates into society and its effect cannot be undermined.

Therefore, how does one guard against the fallout of such 'evil' influences?

Back
Top Bottom