What's new

Set Kashmir aside, focus on trade

Respected indiapakistanfriendship,

Of course this is a free forum and definitively I can't and won't press you or anyone to conduct scholarly academic debate with me if they chose not, but if it is fine with you then I will not choose to further response to this discussion unless you can provide references to your statements with credible academic citations (I would prefer double-blind peer reviewed citations but can also tolerate single refereeing as well). Again you don't have to do it and I will not mind since I am sure you are doing this just like me for fun more then anything else. Until then lets agree to disagree.

Regards

I am sorry I live in here and I stand by with what I say . In fact what we say is not much different regarding Tmilnadu, only that our point of frame of reference differs. I am talking about current scenario, where money, career and fun is in the air for rather than tamil chauvnism or fundamentalism. Regarding TNLA you can refer do some reading and aunderstand what happened to them

cheers

Just like in the past three posts all you do is repeat your same rhetoric each time using different weasel words and stickman analogies which results in typical hearsay statements, either provide some credible citations to back your claims or at least be mature enough to admit that what you say are your own personal opinions that cannot be corroborated with any credible academic and/or journalistic precedence.

^^^Imran, I think you mean "Strawman"..lol

In any case, I doubt that peer reviewed publications would be freely available over the internet for everyone to verify. A media article from a credible agency is usually sufficient.

Google scholar might help though....it has a vast collection.

Actually there is "strawman argument" and "stickman analogy", some similarities but different enough to have separate names, now its my turn :rofl:

Agree with the rest of what you say, common knowledge actually.

Actually there is "strawman argument" and "stickman analogy", some similarities but different enough to have separate names, now its my turn :rofl:

Agree with the rest of what you say, common knowledge actually.

Sorry friend...never heard of "stickman analogy" Are you sure this term exists?

In any case, I think its pretty unfair to demand double-blind-peer reviewed sources on an internet forum.
If you want serious academic discussion, then university is the place for you.

1. Stickman

A drawn character that appears to look like it's made of small sticks.
A very basic way to draw humans.

-You should try drawing real people instead of stickmen.
- But stickmen are so much easier!

2. Stickman

someone who sticks up for you, someone who has your back in a fight

Some dude was talkin ****, so me and my stickman set him straight.

3. stickman

the definition of stickman is a little cartoon drawing you can do anything with.

you can throw stickman off buildings and kill them or put them in weird adventures

Urban Dictionary: stickman

Check the terrain in Tibet Autonomous Region in so far as Indus is concerned.

Even if hypothetically feasible, do you really feel that China will spend collosal amount that will be required to please Pakistan and in the bargain fall behind in its quest to seek parity with the US?

I m not talking about immediate building.

Its a long term scenario.
Its just a theoratical equation.

You too should not expect Pakistan to sit idle and die with thirst if india breaks Indus water treaty.If IF if IF that happens then we can take Chinese help.

Money could be paid by pakistan.

and by the way after REKO DIQ Gold,Copper project.Gwadar port.Thar coal project.Pakistan would not be very poor.

Whether now or later, it is JUST NOT Feasible

If you don't mind my saying it is not even theoretical!

I would only state that the cost would be so astronomical, that none can afford it!

Can one raze mountains down to make it the plains?

Just like in the past three posts all you do is repeat your same rhetoric each time using different weasel words and stickman analogies which results in typical hearsay statements, either provide some credible citations to back your claims or at least be mature enough to admit that what you say are your own personal opinions that cannot be corroborated with any credible academic and/or journalistic precedence.

We are talking about people about a particular region and ethnicity and I am one among them. Id bet on peer reviewed journals for scientific studies, engineering and mathematics or even econoetrics but not on anthropology and a so called english or hindi or some wastrel expert from south writting on how people live here. Anyways I am no student of anthropology and if you want to debate with me journals, I am sorry this is neither a research journal or university debate where you fill up with reference. However now that you have blamed me, tell me what part of my posts do you disagree with , as far as I see it we agree OR ATLEAT ARE on the same plane over many issues. I f your implying that Tamil people here are xtremists or seek independence, well I can only laugh.

thanx

His agenda is clear to you now?
Indian companies can offer him 50% to penetrate in such a big market.
He will take his revenge from Pakistan. Actually, all of them have no idea what is required to develop the country. foreign ecxhane reserves are full to soon they will be go down the drain.

You serious about this? :what:

In any case, I think its pretty unfair to demand double-blind-peer reviewed sources on an internet forum.

I said in my last posts that i will also accept "single referee sources(tons of those on Google scholar) and credible journalistic citations(something afflicted with AP etc., also tons of stuff on the net).

If you want serious academic discussion, then university is the place for you.

The pak defence website says it's an authoritative source for pak security and strategic affairs, English is not my first language but even i know that "authoritative" means that the content inside have a certain degree of academic rigor and is derivative of scholastic. But off course if "authoritative" means gossip mongering and flame-baiting then I apologize and will do the same:tongue:

Sorry friend...never heard of "stickman analogy" Are you sure this term exists?

Well at least you are honest about what you know and don't know and don't make claims based on anecdote like alot of people here. Now on to "stickman logus":
"stickman logic" or "rester fidèle" as it was called was a common ploy used by continental-femanist philosophers when critiquing soundness and validity of the arguments of their Nietzscheian rivals since the 1900's, it is mentioned in a number of prestigious places ranging from Washington university to king Edward medical collage(where i read about it) to university of Delhi. A rather simple method it reminds the opponent to provide comprehensive information by providing sound sources and not used unprovable sources like personal anecdote and cherry-picking. The opponent off course doesn't do it but instead partially accepts the information used against him and try to deflect it by building around the information used against him with personal anecdotes and statements like "you are correct but the bible says god did this..." or "you have factual astrological proof of earth being round but from where I stand the earth looks flat etc. etc." So the opponent uses sticks[un-corroborative anecdotes] to give his arguments a shape[body], a make a stickman.

Currently the leading "authority" of this specific logus is Mr. D. Magnous. Here is a brief intro of Mr. Magnous:

Education

* Ph.D. in Philosophy. 2003. University of California, San Diego. Underdetermination and the Claims of Science committee: Paul Churchland (chair), Donald Rutherford, Nancy Cartwright

* M.A. in Philosophy. 2000. UC San Diego.

* B.A. in Philosophy and Physics. 1996. Texas Christian University, graduated
with University Honors summa cum laude.

During his tenure in U of C his publication on which also mentions"stickman logus" was also shared with U of C's affiliates including King Edward medical collage, pakistan. His work can be bought from Pakistan Library network, open to students and nationals for a fee (it was Rs. 140 per month in 2005, don't know aboutnow.) Planwel Library Network

We are talking about people about a particular region and ethnicity and I am one among them. Id bet on peer reviewed journals for scientific studies, engineering and mathematics or even econoetrics but not on anthropology and a so called english or hindi or some wastrel expert from south writting on how people live here. Anyways I am no student of anthropology and if you want to debate with me journals, I am sorry this is neither a research journal or university debate where you fill up with reference. However now that you have blamed me, tell me what part of my posts do you disagree with , as far as I see it we agree OR ATLEAT ARE on the same plane over many issues. I f your implying that Tamil people here are xtremists or seek independence, well I can only laugh.

thanx

Not going to bother to respond to what your wrote,your just useing weasel words ( which in your case is "I AM SORRY BUT") again and again followed by your uncorroborated anecdotes. Web is full of sites and forums where regular individuals engage in serious academic debates as well as gossip mongering, its not restricted to universities or real life.

Set Kashmir aside, focus on trade
How about Zardari marrying Sonia. This will solve both issues in one shot.
Who knows, if he is issuing all such statements to make her consider.

Back
Top Bottom