What's new

Serum has no right to halt vaccine supply as payment made in advance: Papon

A question for any expert here, is US the only source of raw materials for making vaccines can't we get it from somewhere else?

We actually invested money. It was the mistake of our government. We should have invested it in China.

Go ahead. Ask for money back. I'm sure GOI will accomodate. And then buy vaccines from China. We will DEFINITELY accomodate. SII will Definitely give it.

There is a reason you didn't go to china- you might as well inject mineral water. The EU, Canada and UK can complain as much as they want. But they know that these are the vaccines that work. And SII is the only place that can make it at scale....and yes. GOI has given SII 'Good money' too...many many times more than BD has given.
A question for any expert here, is US the only source of raw materials for making vaccines can't we get it from somewhere else?

US as a source of raw materials has never been a problem over decades. This is an extraordinary situation. face it.

You are really ignorant. There are plenty of cases in the US of fully vaccinated people dying of COVID.

Though these sorts of breakthrough infections have been reported among people of all ages, a little more than 40% so far have been among people age 60 or older, according to the agency, and 65% of such cases have been among women. About 29% of those experiencing breakthrough infections experienced no symptoms, but 7% were hospitalized and 74 people died.

Thanks for that information.

It was never going to be the case that the vaccines could prevent every single death.

Still, every vaccine used so far, even the lowest efficacy Chinese Sinpharm vaccine, seems to prevent near 100% of deaths and that is an excellent thing.

Even China's enmity is better than India's friendship. Despite Sino-Indian hostility in geo-politics, they are helping India to overcome COVID-19 2nd wave.

In fact the entire world is waking up to the Indian treachery.
Angela Merkel laments that they ‘allowed’ India to become pharmacy of the world, fears that they will not get Covid-19 medicine

Some of my close family members are awaiting their second dose. My aunt went to get hers on the day it was scheduled and she was told that she will have to wait longer until they send notification through SMS, as there isn't sufficient doses available.

My info comes from media interviews of Indian doctors. People who have already been infected previously as well as people that have been fully vaccinated are dying in the current wave in India. Maybe it has to do with mutant strains that are more virulent.
I heard of a couple of deaths from my friends of people who got two doses.

Some of my close family members are awaiting their second dose. My aunt went to get hers on the day it was scheduled and she was told that she will have to wait longer until they send notification through SMS, as there isn't sufficient doses available.

I hope your aunt and other family members do not have to wait too much longer for their 2nd doses.

The excellent thing about the AstraZeneca vaccine is that it gives almost as much protection with one dose as two doses, unlike most of the other vaccines. Also, the 2nd dose can be given 12 weeks apart and the high protection from the 1st dose lasts at least to 12 weeks.

I don't think so. GOI only can take, can't give.
It's SII you have placed contracts with not GOI. You can take it back. No Probs. And getting vaccines from China is no issue- there are millions and millions of unsold vials lying there. The chinese will give it you for a discount.

It's SII you have placed contracts with not GOI. You can take it back. No Probs. And getting vaccines from China is no issue- there are millions and millions of unsold vials lying there. The chinese will give it you for a discount.

As regards China they have offered BD 600,000 as a gift but they cannot supply anymore till December this year due to supply.

Go Sue us.
No we will screw you ,like Pakistan did always. Just wait few more years. treacherous deserve only screwing, not sue.

You see your traditional enemy Pakistan offered you help?

Do you have any idea that you are creating a new monstrous enemy ( in Eastern border) who perfectly screwed your akhanda bharat in 1947.

Don't forget that sheikh Mujib was an active young leader that time.

Now his daughter is in power. Don't show your dirty face over and over again.

Not an expert at all - but I think we can import from China, if govt wants. As far as industrial capacity is concerned, nobody beats China in speed and efficiency. I read they increased their vaccine output more than 10x in a year. So if we pay, I think we can get it from them.

Back
Top Bottom