What's new

Senate Votes to Curb Trump’s War Powers Over Soleimani Strike

What was even the point of this? Forgetting the fact Trump will Veto it, even if it passed into law, who actually believes Trump would abide by a law if it does not suit his agenda?

It's just political posturing meant mainly for public consumption. Those in Congress and in the Senate want to continue to 'remind' their constituents that the Legislative branch still has some sway in what the country decides to do when it comes to wars and what not. As you've so aptly alluded to, it's just a bunch of malarky.....You can smell it from a mile away. Don't get me wrong, there are those who don't want war within the U.S. government but the neocons and their Israeli-handlers are firmly in the driver's seat. Iran needs to prepare for the worse outcome now more than ever. Personally I'm hoping Iran has those missile production factories working in overtime. That and an increased expansion of the current missile network around Iran would also be nice. I wish I could say "god-knows what's gonna happen when Trump gets re-elected" but I think we can say with a decent amount of surety that a limited-conflict is right around the corner. Iran's successful Ain Al-Assad retaliatory strike was most definitely not a one-off, that much needs to be stated. One can argue the conflict has only been delayed instead of indefinitely postponed.

On a side note: If Trump gets the United States into a conflict with Iran, he has upwards of 60-90 days in which the U.S. armed forces can wage until the president needs to get Congressional approval in order to continue with military operations. Smh...so much unnecessary actions have been taken by this deplorable administration. And to what end? Only the dead know peace it seems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom