What's new

Sena MPs ‘force’ fasting Muslim staffer to eat chapati, Maharashtra Sadan says sorry

Yet another incident in out of millions and millions happening in 1.2 billion + population.

Just from different perspective, name plate does not indicate he was actually fasting.

[

In his complaint, which was forwarded to Mallick, Arshad said, “All the guests along with media reporters and staffs of Maharashtra Sadan got into kitchen where I was getting the orders prepared. They caught me and put the chapati into my mouth. I was wearing a formal uniform set as prescribed by IRCTC and everybody in the panel also knew my name as ‘Arshad’ as I was wearing the name tag. Even then they inserted chapati in my mouth which caused my fast to break on the eve of Ramzan. I was hurt with the thing they have done as religious sentiments are concerned.”

He himself said, every one in the panel knew his name only, that does not indicate everyone in the panel were also aware of that he was fasting. There are many muslims who don't keep fast. More over Mr Asrhad never claimed he informed the MPs that he was fasting.

Though I agree any kind of physical action in unnecessary when they can easily demand for the change of vendor by writing to the respective authority but we all know how these MPs behaves on both sides of the border and they always consider themselves above than average.

This is just another news wrapped in masala by the news channel to gain TRP and also generate more stuff for their prime time.

that is why 86 % personal of subcontinent demanded for their own homeland pakistan ... strong will migrated .. weak willed stayed .. now the have to accept the treatment they get by their fellow indians

The difference between our countries is that this act will have consequences for him and that our people and media are not silent or proud about it.

I bet that MP didn't had any idea about that manager was a Muslim.

I am sure. They went ballistic after being served 'tough as nails' roti and went after the man in charge. As MPs they should have held themselves to a higher standard...but as a realist, I expect no more from person elected by people as ill disciplined as us.

Being the kind of nut jobs these Marathi Politicians are about their Marathi Pride.... they want everything to look Marathi...even their shitpots.

LOL that sounds like something I would say.

They are the scum of Bombay and the state of MH. Run them over; every last one of them.

The MP looks like a goon. No wonder he is so careless.

Indians need not be so sensitive. Things like this do happen. There was this incident of an electoral candidate in a by-elections in Sindh. The concerned person a PPP woman by name of Waheeda Shah was hauled to court, had to apologize and was disqualified. What really matters is how such events are handled by the state.

Nobody is is questioning that guy is a goon. He had no right to get physical with an employee (contracted) of Maharashtra Sadan.

However I see no religion angle in this. The MP has even said he did not even know the guy was Muslim. See the video, its not he's actually force feeding him...

Yet another incident in out of millions and millions happening in 1.2 billion + population.

Just from different perspective, name plate does not indicate he was actually fasting.

From another perspective - Parliament doesn't entitle its members to make people eat like this, does it?. Muslims or non-Muslims, fasting or not fasting the act at the part of MP is absolutely unparliamentary. Responsibility of law makers becomes double, what this bad-mannered MP can deliver to the parliament, an institution that makes laws?

Nobody is is questioning that guy is a goon. He had no right to get physical with an employee (contracted) of Maharashtra Sadan.

However I see no religion angle in this. The MP has even said he did not even know the guy was Muslim. See the video, its not he's actually force feeding him...

I do not know what you are trying to say here. Do you not trust your eyes?

Unless you are an SS activist, I do not see any reason for you to actually defend this goon. India is not under attack here, just let it go.

From another perspective - Parliament doesn't entitle its members to make people eat like this, does it?. Muslims or non-Muslims, fasting or not fasting the act at the part of MP is absolutely unparliamentary. Responsibility of law makers becomes double, what this bad-mannered MP can deliver to the parliament, an institution that makes laws?

Completely agree. He's a goon, no question about that.

Unless you are an SS activist, I do not see any reason for you to actually defend this goon. India is not under attack here, just let it go.

Are you sure I'm defending that goon? I'm just amazed at some muslims claming victimhood and resoring to usual uneducated attacks on secularism.

Emmieji correctly said,the Shiv Sena MP wanted to protest over the quality of food served to them but it should be done in a politely & dignified manner

Being the kind of nut jobs these Marathi Politicians are about their Marathi Pride.... they want everything to look Marathi...even their shitpots.

Please keep your comments limited to the specific politicians only. Do not talk about all Marathi politicians. If you have any analytical abilities you would know of all the big states, Maharashtra is the one state that has voted for ''national'' parties more often than any other. Unless you are a victim of sensationalist media, you can see that easily verifiable data and not generalise.

I wonder which part of india you are from ...

I do, he was protesting for the poor quality of food, as if he deserved any better than what the dogs eat.

He went too far and tied to show who's the daddy to the manager responsible for dishing out the food. Now, I did not see any Indian defending the goon.. All we are saying is that looking at the whole video it seems that it was not communal in nature.

Maybe it was maybe it wasn't, only investigations will prove.

Back
Top Bottom