What's new

Selling F-16 Jets To Pakistan Won’t Help Combat Terrorism: Manohar Parrikar

10553755_1726748064229210_3934934051160962120_o.jpg

Nature's air condition, made by Russa, called SU-30. First air conditioner of the world to not use a Cent's worth of electricity but it provides relief to a larger area as can be seen in the picture :enjoy: :lol:

On another note, for each SU-30 or Rafale, how many brand new bathrooms, kitchens and beds can be made available to 600 million under-poverty public who doesn't have access to these basic things in life???? :cry:

Dear sir,

i am not doubting the prowess of the platform as a precision strike platform, but lets not forget that F16 is one of the premier a2a combat platform as well, these Blk52 will come with Aim 9x and Aim120C5's, now in my limited knowledge I don't know of taliban with flying carpets that these will be utilised against.

What I am refering to is quite simple, you could have leased the jets to pakistan, to ensure that you are not arming pakistan against India with US tax payer money, but you are not doing so. If you do want to subsidize pakistan's military ambitions against India, be striaghtforward about it, it's nothing new US has done so for decades.

Selling and aiding are two different things.
so i would say if you know thats the aim than why asking it after so many years ???
Its US taxpayer money not Indian why do you care ???

Who are you trying to kid? Precsion airstrikes can be conducted by platforms other than fast jets, if it truly is the case that Pakistan is to use these in COIN activites then it doesn't need the latest Block 52s with improved A2A performance. It could have got far more cost effective platforms like the Super Tucano.

We all know the reason Pakistan is getting these F-16s, why try to hide behind their tired rhetoric? This is the nonsense they spout to the USG to placate them and push through such aid but I'm surprised a US military vetran such as yourself is so eager to support an enemy that has actively seen to it that so many of your fellow brothers in arms never made it home from Afghanistan.
So now you decide friends and foe for US too?

so i would say if you know thats the aim than why asking it after so many years ???
Its US taxpayer money not Indian why do you care ???
I am a US taxpayer.

Typical crazy Indian logic? A hindu guy killing minorities from other religions inside India, under the name of Bhagawan, is totally acceptable and "different" than the terrorism that happened inside Afghanistan and on the border of Pakistan? And the same Bhagawan lover who are involved in terrorism in Pakistan (killed thousands of civilians so far), is somehow ALSO a different issue?

The time is coming when the world has to start letting go of their own "good terrorists" (like the case is in your posts about Hindu extremists), and only call out bad terrorists because they belong to your enemy? BOTH of you are terrorists to a common man as both sides kill innocent civilians and terrorize populations. That shiit is NOT acceptable, no matter how much propaganda you do on here!!!!
You are insulting specific religion, stick to topic and edit your post, rating will be reversed.

regards.

You might wan't to learn more about who the insurgents were and the altitude of the operation of theater.

And this somehow negates Pakistan need for Precision strikes through F-16 in WoT ?

Last edited:
Dear sir,

i am not doubting the prowess of the platform as a precision strike platform, but lets not forget that F16 is one of the premier a2a combat platform as well, these Blk52 will come with Aim 9x and Aim120C5's, now in my limited knowledge I don't know of taliban with flying carpets that these will be utilised against.
Again, I don't believe that there is anyone, anywhere, in the US government that ever claimed that the F-16's would not also have an air-to-air capability. I'm just curious as to why you think that the US should only sell tactical AC's to Pakistan that specifically don't have an air-to-air capability.

What I am refering to is quite simple, you could have leased the jets to pakistan, to ensure that you are not arming pakistan against India with US tax payer money, but you are not doing so. If you do want to subsidize pakistan's military ambitions against India, be striaghtforward about it, it's nothing new US has done so for decades.

Selling and providing military aid are two different things.
I don't care if it is selling or providing military aid. It's up to Pakistan's command authority, in the end, to decide how they are to be used. America has been supplying Pakistan with arms for almost as long as I have been alive so I don't know why there is suddenly a surprise about that. That does not mean that we weren't trying to meet PAF's requirement for a a precision tactical aircraft that is almost certainly, going to be primarily tasked with counterinsurgency missions as there is no war with India but clearly is one against insurgents.

I am a US taxpayer.
than you might wanna pay the PAK's for their services because of which your soldiers didn't starved in Afghanistan and didn't ran out of bullets and got constant help from the main land of PAK for to be used as command and control in the start of war and the damages we suffered due to that war :D
and secondly if your a US tax payer ask the US goverment why did they started the war if it was gonna cost that much ??

than you might wanna pay the PAK's for their services because of which your soldiers didn't starved in Afghanistan and didn't ran out of bullets and got constant help from the main land of PAK for to be used as command and control in the start of war and the damages we suffered due to that war :D

You participated, no one forced you to do so.

Precision ground strike capabilites with the lack of any AD is different from combating 7th largest military in the world with Substantial AD.

Precision strike for Afghanistan :- A29 Super Tucano
Precision Strike for Pakistan :- F16 Blk 52 with Aim 9x and Aim120C5.

both paid by CSF, - fueled by American tax payers money. There is no need for weak anti-terror arguments, If US wan'ts to arm Pakistan against India, it's fine. That has been US policy for decades, and we don't mind at all. but all this natural ally BS can be stopped , right?

So you are one of those group who believes CSF is Aid money eh ? Is Afghanistan conducting large scale mountain warfare Ops like Pakistan is doing ? Does Afghanistan has the infra to absorb and operate F-16's ? I mean all these things are common sense. Arguing with such comparisons are hilarious .

Nope. I'm just surprised that a US military vetran would be so keen to support a nation that played an active role in killing his fellow brothers in arms in Afghanistan and sheltered the man responsible for their nation's most horrific terrorist attack.

Americans confuse me.
Thats because the Americans were the also one's who started this mess when Russia invaded the talibunnies fought the Americans and the whole world with the same weapons which were provided to them by the Americans tax payers money :)

Again, I don't believe that there is anyone, anywhere, in the US government that ever claimed that the F-16's would not also have an air-to-air capability. I'm just curious as to why you think that the US should only sell tactical AC's to Pakistan that specifically don't have an air-to-air capability.
you can sell whatever you want.
If you are aiding Pakistan against India, it raises questions about India-US bilateral relations.

I don't care if it is selling or providing military aid. It's up to Pakistan's command authority, in the end, to decide how they are to be used. America has been supplying Pakistan with arms for almost as long as I have been alive so I don't know why there is suddenly a surprise about that. That does not mean that we weren't trying to meet PAF's requirement for a a precision tactical aircraft that is almost certainly, going to be primarily tasked with counterinsurgency missions as there is no war with India but clearly is one against insurgents.
As long as you have been alive, US directly treated India as a Hostile country, and went as far as deploying the 7th fleet to aid a dictatorial regime against India. For the last few decades, US claims to the shift in it's policy and claims India to be it's "natural Ally", the question arises why would you subsidize arming a state against what you term a "natural ally".
Compounded with the fact that multiple ISAF chiefs, have on record slammed Pakistan for it's duplicity in WoT efforts.

Last edited:
Nope. I'm just surprised that a US military vetran would be so keen to support a nation that played an active role in killing his fellow brothers in arms in Afghanistan and sheltered the man responsible for their nation's most horrific terrorist attack.

Americans confuse me.
Lol...Its just your imagination sir and that is because of your blind hatred towards Pakistan...! Yo might want to look to other side of the coin where Pakistan gave its land and ports to America for logistic support....And on a side note, I have some American friends in online forums and they will not agree with this Enemy rhetoric of you at all...!
@Desertfalcon So sir you consider us an enemy?

OH MY GOD when were you born yesterday ???? We participated and were not forced ????? OH DAMN GOD you just ended the whole freaking argument by showing how much you know about this
Did someone force you, don't you claim to have an independent foreign policy? is that all it takes one phone call and pakistan is on board?

Please educate me on the issue. Looks like you are an expert here.

Back
Top Bottom