What's new

Security 'left us to be sitting ducks' claims Broad

Watch this, you can see the anger and dismay in there faces. Simon Taufel says 25 commandoes just vanished from the spot the moment the firing started.

Last edited by a moderator:
They tried. But Im sure this wasnt their best peice of work. "Presidential Security" doesnt accout for area not being coordoned off, continued assault on the players with Kalashnikov's, rocket launchers, and hand grenades and no indefinetly doesnot include their abandonment.

Pakistan has some serious food for thought. I even saw a video sent to CNN by Geo TV, which showed that attackers fled despite a police van approaching them, and the police vehicle made no attemp to even notice them, leave alone confronting.

Post it here as soon as you get to 15 posts.

We should also understand that these guys were under trauma. They alone can understand what they went through. Nor could they see the situation clearly through a window. THey were just duckin to escape the bullets.
They were not complaining in the video. He was just wondering why they were left alone by 25 commandoes. He even said 'they are investigative issues'.

Last edited:
Lahore security was shameful: Murali

Published: March 06, 2009
LAHORE - As the cricket world stepped up security yesterday, Pakistan came under fire for providing "shameful" protection to players and officials during Tuesday's terror attack in Lahore.

Sri Lankan spinner Muthiah Muralidaran, the greatest wicket-taker in the game's history, launched a stinging attack on Pakistan's security forces, adding weight to the testimony of Australian umpires Steve Davis and Simon Taufel, who described how they were abandoned during the gun battle. Muralitharan was quoted by The Age as saying.

In Durban, South African authorities responded by increasing the previously low-key security for the Australian team on the eve of tonight's second Test. Ricky Ponting and his team were accompanied at training by security personnel wearing bullet-proof vests and carrying massive machine guns.
This came as questions were asked about why the Pakistan team, which would normally have been part of the convoy travelling to the ground, left five minutes after the Sri Lankans and officials, and Lahore police conceded they had been warned of a possible attack. Muralitharan, in an interview with The Age, said the security arrangement was the worst he had seen, and vastly inferior to that provided in Sri Lanka, where specially trained armed guards travel with the team.

"The security was not good enough and we were sitting ducks because of that," he said. "The security people we had didn't even seem to fight back. Were they professionals with enough training? They didn't seem to know what to do. I was surprised the terrorists were able to just reload the magazines and keep firing, and they never got caught. It was shameful. If this had happened in Colombo they would never have got away."

While the bus made a successful dash to Gaddafi Stadium, the officials in the van behind were left stranded after their driver was killed. "You tell me why supposedly 25 armed commandos were in our convoy and when the team bus got going again we were left on our own," Taufel said at Sydney airport on his return yesterday.

Look , I am more than prepared to give Chris Broad the benefit of the doubt. I can see that he really felt that he would die and he has the right to question the awful security provided. !!

However his rant against people who saved his life is nothing but a classic gora superiority syndrome that whatever the natives say or do, it must be inferior, and its his god given white rump's to criticise that.

Consider , if it was an IRA strike in the heart of London, Broad and his ilk would have gone overboard in praising the : soldier who jumped on top of me, risking his own life to save mine or the fearless London policeman who jumped on the van. removed the dead driver and risking his own life, drove us to safety !!

This is nothing but a white colonial superiority mentality speak and I suggest that if he cant help in the investigations, he might us well not be a hindarance !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom