What's new

Secularists should 'mend ways or leave country', says PTI lawmaker

Reichsmarschall

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) lawmaker Ali Muhammad Khan caused a stir on Wednesday when he advised those believing Pakistan to be a secular state to mend their ways or leave the country.

“Whoever wants to turn Pakistan into a secular state should mend their ways or move to such a country,” the MNA said during a talk show on 92News.

pti-lawmaker-1490279943.jpg

Screen grab from the talk show

According to Ali, the country was not established on any secular ideology, and rather an Islamic ideology was its basis.

“What did the founder of the nation, Quaid-e-Azam, wanted to be the basis of the country,” the member National Assembly said. “This country was created only in the name of Islam.”

‘Pakistan is different from all other states created in the name of religion’

Not only does Islam hold the basis of Pakistan, the country has the blood of numerous martyrs in its soil, he added.

The politician went on to say that people working on the behest of the enemy, assert that we as a nation should only put own house in order and forget the rest. “We should put our house in order as well as be concerned about what’s happening around the world.”

While some say that the founder of the nation, Mohammad Ali Jinnah, wanted a secular state not governed by a specific religion, others argue he wanted an Islamic welfare state.

Sir neither am I liberal nor a extremist, I am mainstream Pakistan..... @The Sandman @Zibago @Hell hound
I'm watching aisay nhi chalega of amir liaqat and he said the same thing isn't it funny bro that we criticize indians and bjp that they say the get out of india to whoever questions something which they don't like? yes maybe Mr. Jinnah didn't wanted a secular state but he also he didn't wanted an islamic state this country was hijacked way back and now there's no turning back and whoever stand up to this is labelled as a traitor and a liberal. sigh
edit and i am really sad that it's pti member who's saying this...

I'm watching aisay nhi chalega of amir liaqat and he said the same thing isn't it funny bro that we criticize indians and bjp that they say the get out of india to whoever questions something which they don't like? yes maybe Mr. Jinnah didn't wanted a secular state but he also he didn't wanted an islamic state this country was hijacked way back and now there's no turning back and whoever stand up to this is labelled as a traitor and a liberal. sigh
I do not know what the problem of the extremists is, we have a constitution based upon Islamic principle.Kudos bro

This is what we say difference! Between a rightist and leftist! The right wing mentality in polite ways Get Out, more extremist The Sword is the answer, The Hard core extremist Blow up in public. Tolerance very freakin away from them OH and that Ali guy:lol:

haha @Zibago @django @Hell hound hey ur shield is being attacked by PTI
we liberals never had a shield to begin with neither do we need any. kiddo its your kind that is feeling threatened by us because you know a change is coming and it is inevitable in this age of information.as our economy grows more and more people are going to rip this curtain of ignorance.

I do not know what the problem of the extremists is, we have a constitution based upon Islamic principle.Kudos bro
Bro there are a lot of things in the constitution that are wrong and discriminatory imo and they should be corrected or abolished and than we've this extremist mindset everywhere be it judiciary, gov, educational institutions or even military the only way to get rid of this extremism and intolerance is to move towards secular liberalism and no (before anyone says) liberalism doesn't mean insulting/hurting someone's religion or religious personalities. My question is simple why not we all just keep religion to ourselves (that's what Mr Jinnah wanted) lets just live and let others live? why can't we become like Germany, France and UK?

These 'so called' Liberals are a silly minority wanting to impose their ideology on a majority. Since they can't do much about it, they are causing unrest. These liberals are probably the last tool of the foreign powers to cause unrest in the society but they won't succeed.

When TTP and the likewise Khawarij were given air time (by these same liberals), these liberals were totally mouth shut. Now that the Khawarij menace is under control, liberals are coming out attacking the society at large.

Khawarij labelled the society kafirs to impose their ideology, and these liberals want to turn the society secular ..... both are the same and compliment each other.

Back
Top Bottom