What's new

Secular Dhimmis of Bengal

LaBong

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
There's a thread created by an Indian member with the same name, but it looks like the thread is deleted. I'm not sure why, is it because Moderators found the thread to be offensive to Bengalis? As a Bengali I was also offended by the thread title, however I believe right to free speech is zilch without the right to offend, and would like to request the moderators to restore the thread.

We have had a meaningful discussion in that thread without degrading to name calling anyone and I believe as a society we need to waddle through that discussion between us even if it causes discomfort. It's irresponsible of deleting the thread since I can't see and reply to the posts which were meant for me.

@Rain Man @Roybot @Joe Shearer @SarthakGanguly

I did think about questioning the title and begin with asking @ranjeet "Who is Dhimmi", but then I realized that we too call them "Chaddi", so yes, offence taken and offence is also returned in suitable threads related to beef or Sanghi blabbering.

And I am still inimical to Sangh parivar, but right now I am busy in pointing out the hypocrisy of the recent politically motivated campaigns of certain intellectuals...yesterday some film makers returned awards over the selection of that Yudhisthir guy in FTII, as if this is the first time India is seeing selection of incompetent party people in high posts, how many had shown their outrage over the credentials of Pratibha Patil when she was selected as the President of India over Dr. Kalam?

And yes, that thread should be restored, I had things to post there, and I leave it to @ranjeet to decide whether he should change the thread title or we should take it as a standard Chaddi behaviour.

There's a thread created by an Indian member with the same name, but it looks like the thread is deleted. I'm not sure why, is it because Moderators found the thread to be offensive to Bengalis? As a Bengali I was also offended by the thread title, however I believe right to free speech is zilch without the right to offend, and would like to request the moderators to restore the thread.

We have had a meaningful discussion in that thread without degrading to name calling anyone and I believe as a society we need to waddle through that discussion between us even if it causes discomfort. It's irresponsible of deleting the thread since I can't see and reply to the posts which were meant for me.

Title of that thread was "Secular Dhimmies of West Bengal" not "Bengali Dhimmies of Secular Bengal" and I blamed State government, police and local administration not average bengali.

@Rain Man

Title of that thread was "Secular Dhimmies of West Bengal" not "Bengali Dhimmies of Secular Bengal" and I blamed State government, police and local administration not average bengali.

@Rain Man

Fair enough.

I did think about questioning the title and begin with asking @ranjeet "Who is Dhimmi", but then I realized that we too call them "Chaddi", so yes, offence taken and offence is also returned in suitable threads related to beef or Sanghi blabbering.

And I am still inimical to Sangh parivar, but right now I am busy in pointing out the hypocrisy of the recent politically motivated campaigns of certain intellectuals...yesterday some film makers returned awards over the selection of that Yudhisthir guy in FTII, as if this is the first time India is seeing selection of incompetent party people in high posts, how many had shown their outrage over the credentials of Pratibha Patil when she was selected as the President of India over Dr. Kalam?

And yes, that thread should be restored, I had things to post there, and I leave it to @ranjeet to decide whether he should change the thread title or we should take it as a standard Chaddi behaviour.
You mean Pratibha Patil was not better than Abdul Kalam? :D
I know she was not.
And technically, being anti intellectual is being pro-quasi Sanghi. :victory:

You may get brickbats for including my name with...

Back
Top Bottom