What's new

Secret histories: The Jews built Karachi, but we built shopping plazas on their synagogue

Jews are chosen seeds of God. And, you can see the result everywhere.

"Of Mans First Disobedience, and the Fruit
Of that Forbidden Tree, whose mortal taste
Brought Death into the World, and all our woe
With loss of Eden, till one greater Man
Restore us, and regain the blissful Seat,
Sing Heav'nly Muse, that on the secret top
Of Oreb, or of Sinai, didst inspire
That Shepherd, who first taught the chosen Seed,
In the Beginning how the Heav'ns and Earth
Rose out of Chaos:
Or if Sion Hill
Delight thee more, and Siloa's Brook that flow'd
Fast by the Oracle of God; I thence
Invoke thy aid to my adventrous Song,
That with no middle flight intends to soar
Above th'Aonian Mount, while it pursues
Things unattempted yet in Prose or Rhime.
And chiefly Thou O Spirit, that dost prefer
Before all Temples th' upright heart and pure,
Instruct me, for Thou know'st; Thou from the first
Wast present, and with mighty wings outspread
Dove-likesatst brooding on the pregnant: What in me is dark
Illumin, what is low raise and support;
That to the highth of this great Argument
I may assert Eternal Providence,
And justifie the wayes of God to men."
Paradise Lost,BOOK 1,THE ARGUMENT(Invocation)

That Shepherd= Moses
The chosen Seed=The people of Israel/Jews

no i called you supporter of ethnic killer . but you don't see the difference

you are making fun of some one on his dark skin tone the most ironic thing is your are unable to anknowledge or see for your self . Sad state of affairs and mind set you people have .

It does not matter how many minorities living in specific area......................
The thing indeed matter is how peoples like to live and the gov and policy maker want....................

you are making fun of some one on his dark skin tone the most ironic thing is your are unable to anknowledge or see for your self . Sad state of affairs and mind set you people have .

not the mind set joke again
and do you think there is no such pti politician or member or supporter?
did i say say something to them ? no
but clearly elders saying is "jhothay ka muu kala" / "kala mu nilay paiir"
or if you are still unable to understand the elder saying is "jalnay walay ka muu kala"
or elder saying is "kalay kartoton ka ka injam bura"

there are many users on this site who equate fair skin with superiority and what not. that is why they love Zaid Hamid as he is so fair and hate Altaf Hussain because he is brown to dark skinned.

these fair skin obsessed people who have a very deep seated inferiority complex do not learn from history. History says that the first Muslim female ruler (who was much richer and accomplished than most white skin admirers) Razia Sultan chose to die with her black african slave husband Yakut rather than abandon him because many Muslims obsessed with fair skin in those times considered it a sacrilege for a Turk Muslim to marry a black Muslim.

Last edited:
there are many users on this site who equate fair skin with superiority and what not. that is why they love Zaid Hamid as he is so fair and hate Altaf Hussain because he is brown to dark skinned.

these fair skin obsessed people who have a very deep seated inferiority complex do not learn from history. History says that the first Muslim female ruler (who was much richer and accomplished than most white skin admirers) Razia Sultan chose to die with her black african slave husband Yakut rather than abandon him because many Muslims obsessed with fair skin in those times considered it a sacrilege for a Turk Muslim to marry a black Muslim.

Many people are still accustomed or have influence of tribal culture are like this , their criteria is white skin tone for some reason.

not the mind set joke again
and do you think there is no such pti politician or member or supporter?
did i say say something to them ? no
but clearly elders saying is "jhothay ka muu kala" / "kala mu nilay paiir"
or if you are still unable to understand the elder saying is "jalnay walay ka muu kala"
or elder saying is "kalay kartoton ka ka injam bura"

Zoor kis pay hai sara kalay pay .. think about it for a minute .. jitni g*nd goro nay mari hai .. beecharay kalo nay kia kiya ?? its a mind set not a joke , and this is going for generations so found in baray as well.

Zoor kis pay hai sara kalay pay .. think about it for a minute .. jitni g*nd goro nay mari hai .. beecharay kalo nay kia kiya ?? its a mind set not a joke , and this is going for generations so found in baray as well.

ab kalay kartoonon aur kali rangat mayn farak na pata chalay tu mayn kia kar sakta hoon

same as you find it difficult to differ between ttp as killers and mqm as a killer.you term one as terrorist and other as saint but both are the same

Last edited:
Secret histories: The Jews built Karachi, but we built shopping plazas on their synagogue

626468-image-1383424878-845-640x480.jpg

KARACHI: Not many people know that a number of Karachi’s landmark buildings were designed by a Jewish architect Moses Somake (1875-1947). While he was born in Lahore, he lived most of his life in Karachi before migrating to England a few months before the Partition of India.
Reading a paper at Karachi conference here on Saturday, Gul Hasan Kalmatti, traced the history of Karachi’s Jewish community and recalled their contribution in making Karachi a vibrant metropolis.
“It’s funny how [the other speakers] have mentioned Kalhoros and Jatois,” said Kalmatti, referring to tribes who still exist today. “But today I am speaking of the Yahudis [Jews]. The Kalmattis are still here but the Jews are not.”

351.jpg

He revealed that historic buildings like Mules Mansion in Keamari, BVS Parsi High School and the Karachi Goan Association Hall in Saddar, Khaliqdina Hall on Bunder Road, Jaffer Faddoo Dispensary in Kharadar, Edward House on Victoria road and the famous Flagstaff House were all designed by Moses Somake. “They were our stones, our buildings,” he said. They are no longer there. The design and architecture of some famous hotels of yore – North-Western Hotel, Bristol Hotel and Carlton Hotel – was also conceived by this architect of Iraqi origin.
Tracing the history of Karachi’s lost Jewish community, Kalmatti said they belonged to the Bene Israel diaspora who had settled in the early 19th century coastal towns of India, including Karachi. Most of these people had settled in quarters along Lawrence Road, Ramswami Quarters and Ranchore Lane.
You will still find nine streets from Jubilee market with the names from our Hindu, Jewish and Muslim heritage: Solomon David street, Seth Harchand street after the mayor of 18 years, one named after Yousaf Ali Alibhai who organised cricket.

361.jpg

Kalmatti regretted that the synagogue known as the Magen Shalom Synagogue was razed to the ground in July 1988, paving the way for a shopping plaza – Madiha Square. The synagogue was built by Solomon David Omerdekar in 1893. In 1895, a community hall was added to this synagogue in memory of Solomon’s wife, Shegulbai. His sons established a Hebrew school in the synagogue’s premises in 1918 and constructed a Nathan Abraham Hall. Solomon, who was the chief of the city’s Jewish community and a surveyor of the Karachi Municipality, lies buried along with his wife in Karachi.
According to Kalmatti, a leading member of city’s Jewish community, Abraham Reuben, was elected to the Karachi Municipal Corporation thrice – in 1919, 1936 and 1939. He established a school in 1927 that still exists in Liaquatabad’s Haji Mureed Goth and is named after him.
Giving the estimates about the growth of Jewish population in Karachi, Kalmatti said that according to the 1881 census, there were only 153 Jews in Karachi and the number at the time of Partition of India stood at 2,500. But most of them migrated to Israel after it came into being in 1948. However, by 1968 there were only 250 Jews living in Karachi. After their synagogue was destroyed, the remaining few Jews, fearing for their lives, started identifying themselves as Parsis and Christians.
At the end of his presentation Kalmatti sounded quiet poignant, recalling that Karachi was a tolerant, peaceful city when inhabited by people from diverse religious backgrounds. “We are 99% Muslims now but we’re cutting each other’s throats,” he said. Today when there are no Jews, fewer Hindus and only a few Goans and Parsis and the overwhelming majority subscribe to the same religion, they are after each other’s blood.
Published in The Express Tribune, November 3rd, 2013.

Source
Rubbish Express Tribune Propaganda.

because Pakistan creates terror in india. so why does muslim hate jews?
We hate India because they never wanted to recognize us as nation.
I don't hate India or Indians. I hate those indians who spread hatred against us. You can see my profile picture as well which reflects the same.

Also we hate ISRAELI jews who are doing all propaganda against mulims.
We don't hate jews we hate those jews who spread hatred against us. 
Rubbish Express Tribune Propaganda.
Maybe, but who knows what is true.

Do we have many Jews left in India? I know there are/were some in Kolkata.

Why Pakistanis have problems and enmity with all other faiths man? Hindus are your enemies. Sikhs are your enemies. Christians are your enemies. Now Jews are also your enemies.

Kisse dushmani nahin hai bhai?

We hate India because they never wanted to recognize us as nation.
I don't hate India or Indians. I hate those indians who spread hatred against us. You can see my profile picture as well which reflects the same.

Also we hate ISRAELI jews who are doing all propaganda against mulims.
We don't hate jews we hate those jews who spread hatred against us. 

Maybe, but who knows what is true.
do you realise there are more Pakistanis who hate hindus and Indians than there are Indians who hate paksitanis. evidence? only Pak has caused terror in india not the other way.
God has promised Israel to jews, so why are muslims living there and causing terror?

Pakistan and Israel are the only two countries created on the basis of religion.:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom