What's new

Second Earth' Possibly Discovered

Kill all the aliens and conquer the planet.. Ask US to move there and then we can have this trouble free world :D

lets hope that those inhabitants of Gliese 581g are advanced enough to reach our world first!!!

.....who wants a free trip to another world with our friendly neighborhood, Gilese 581g.....

Kill all the aliens and conquer the planet.. Ask US to move there and then we can have this trouble free world :D

ask bharatis to move there too, without US, bharatis will immediately declear to be a super powar!!, lolllzz

Has anyone here played Mass Effect? - thats wht we need to go their :)

If there is intelligent life there, we can probably devise ways of radio communication and share intelligence and technology.

There is life on other planets too but I am not sure about that specific planet. In other words, organic life--

The movie had some good actors and in all it was solid at least for me and i'm picky; the movie had some very interesting twists. The most important thing was the quintessential explosions and gun fire and that, in my book, is enough to deem a movie good.

I also think Arnold's acting is mediocre although his movies are fairly good or exellent.

Commando anyone? :)

I liked the movie too! Especially extrapolation of the original story to include a blood feud between two races of those predators!
And I like the cloaking device, the triangular aimpoints.

On topic: What if life is indeed present on the planet? What if that life form is other than carbon based? We reason the tetra valency of carbon as an explanation to satisfy its role in complex molecule building. What if some other element forms the basis of life with its own quirks fulfilling the requirements of complex processes required for such a lifeform? What if we dont realize the existance of such lifeforms till we reach the planet, till its too late?

.....who wants a free trip to another world with our friendly neighborhood, Gilese 581g.....

What if they take you there on a "friendly visit" and subject you to the probulator test?

143_fry-probulator_0800.png

On topic: What if life is indeed present on the planet? What if that life form is other than carbon based? We reason the tetra valency of carbon as an explanation to satisfy its role in complex molecule building. What if some other element forms the basis of life with its own quirks fulfilling the requirements of complex processes required for such a lifeform? What if we dont realize the existance of such lifeforms till we reach the planet, till its too late?

Scientists haven't ruled out that possibility but since we know nothing about it, we do not pursue this line of thought very actively.

Otherwise this thread topic has no significance. Because this planet has special significance only because it is thought to be "Earth like".

Regards,
Anoop.

:rofl:

You are the only person I have come across who says that.

Let's find the pattern here...

Terminator (Arnold) - box office smash
T2 (Arnold) - did all right
T3 (Arnold) - getting old but still ok
T4 (no Arnold) - total flop; most people don't even know there was a T4

Predator (Arnold) - box office smash
Predator 2 (no Arnold) - flop
Aliens v/s Predators (no Arnold) - flop
Predators (no Arnold) - flop

Somebody tell the studio bosses that the draw has always been Arnold, not the aliens.

But IMDB sts show something other

according to it both T4 and predators r hit

@topic

I dont think scientist r thinking about travelling all those those 900000 yrs to reach that planet

space travel is only possible through wormholes(if that exist)and if then who know with next 100 or 200 yrs human's will b walking on planets as far as 365 light yrs away

Scientists haven't ruled out that possibility but since we know nothing about it, we do not pursue this line of thought very actively.
Star Trek (the original series) had an episode where the crew of USS Enterprise set foot on a rock and find it devoid of life forms as we know them, but something was eating up their equipment!
Otherwise this thread topic has no significance. Because this planet has special significance only because it is thought to be "Earth like".

Regards,
Anoop.

True that. There are numerous exo-planets being discovered. Quite a few among them happen to be in certain Habitable Zones - both within a solar system - "Goldilocks zone" (to maintain liquid water) and the galaxy (close to the galactic center to harbor high conc of elements). This one planet (4x Earth) too happens to be in a similar zone. Unfortunately it circles a red dwarf (3 times smaller than our Sun). Must have interesting weather patterns.

Star Trek (the original series) had an episode where the crew of USS Enterprise set foot on a rock and find it devoid of life forms as we know them, but something was eating up their equipment!

Love the TOS and TNG series. :)

Unfortunately it circles a red dwarf (3 times smaller than our Sun). Must have interesting weather patterns.

Sorry did not get the connection of the smaller star and the weather patterns.

Regards,
Anoop.

Love the TOS and TNG series. :)

Sorry did not get the connection of the smaller star and the weather patterns.

Regards,
Anoop.

Apparently with a smaller star, the effect of gravity and heating would be less and with no satellite found so far and assuming presence of water bodies on the planet, tides would be absent or negligible. Add to it the 37 day 'solar year', and one face of the rock in perpetual darkness. With an atmosphere, assuming like ours, that would be some weather.

Back
Top Bottom