What's new

Searching New Home for 13,000 MRAPs

MRAPs are awesome and fast... Love to drive these vehicles in battlefield 4
Just one Question guys, can mrap handle a ied attack? If yes then can it handle the roll over down a mountain during ied attack?

MRAPV = Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle

^ well that sums up pretty well , if we get these vehicles then i am sure we will snatch the only thing from taliban which they are good at (IED attack) .

I have read alot of comments on this thread like these machines being gas guzzlers and heavy on maintenance...well what i know this the fuel won't be issue for our army because we have plenty of that and can have even more if right resources are diverted to ops area then wasting on peaceful stations and about maintenance, well that's gonna be a problem but again if these vehicles can help us to reduce the causality rates of our soldier then i being a pakistani will put aside all of my hatred against USA and support this deal :)

Found this pic... I guess one MRAP = 1IED

mrap-exploded.jpg

Last edited:
^ well that sums up pretty well , if we get these vehicles then i am sure we will snatch the only thing from taliban which they are good at (IED attack) .

I have read alot of comments on this thread like these machines being gas guzzlers and heavy on maintenance...well what i know this the fuel won't be issue for our army because we have plenty of that and can have even more if right resources are diverted to ops area then wasting on peaceful stations and about maintenance, well that's gonna be a problem but again if these vehicles can help us to reduce the causality rates of our soldier then i being a pakistani will put aside all of my hatred against USA and support this deal :)

mrap-exploded.jpg

So how many MRAPs are coming in Pakistan 1300 or 13000...

@Senior Answer in Black and White...

MRAPs are awesome and fast... Love to drive these vehicles in battlefield 4
Just one Question guys, can mrap handle a ied attack? If yes then can it handle the roll over down a mountain during ied attack?

Yes they can handle an IED attack, thats what they're designed for. The American MRAPs being offered to Pakistan actually had an IED attack where the IED was 250lbs of explosives, now thats a MASSIVE explosion. The MRAP took the full force of the explosion and all occupants escaped alive with varying injuries. The picture you posted is of that MRAP from that incident. That was no ordinary IED which the TTP uses in Pakistan; this was a massive 250 pounder and YET everyone inside survived! Now imagine, 250lbs of explosives and the current Toyota and Mazda pickup trucks being used by Pakistan Army in FATA n KPK; they would've been vaporized.

So how many MRAPs are coming in Pakistan 1300 or 13000...

@Senior Answer in Black and White...

mosty likely 1500 that are in Afghanistan. 13,000 is the TOTAL number of MRAPs in American service all around the globe. 1500 is still a HUGE boost if we get them.

Today THE NEWS (Page 11) - US WILL NOT HAND OVER EQUIPMENT IN AFGHANISTAN TO PAKISTAN including MRAP's! - KHATAM SHUDD! ....... The Lord works in mysterious ways!

And since when do we take such statements on face value? It would be naive to believe this now since the person who gave the statement rejecting MRAP transfer to Pakistan from Afghanistan is the same guy who told the Senate Armed Services Committee of the United States just 15 days ago that they are looking for an ally to transfer those vehicles to because leaving them in Afghanistan is akin to handing them over to the Taliban.

When the news leaked via Washington Post, a strong reaction came from the Karzai regime in Afghanistan and now this statement comes out. You can just add two and two to see that this statement is to pacify Karzai and his puppets in Afghanistan with whom the U.S government has seen ties plummet over the past few months, particulary because no post-withdrawal agreement for US troops in Afghanistan has been forthcoming.

Fact of the matter is, discussion between Pakistan and America have been ongoing for months regarding those MRAPs so it aint over till the fat lady sings.

If I was an American senator or a congreeman, I know where I'd park my $700k-$1mil MRAPs; and it certainly won't be Afghanistan post U.S withdrawal.

We should be discussing where these new items would be parked in Pakistan once they arrive

US reviewing Pakistan’s request for excess military hardware

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is eligible to buy excess US military hardware in Afghanistan and the United States is currently reviewing Islamabad’s request for the same.

According to a statement issued by the US Embassy in Islamabad, military equipment that has been determined to be excess can be made available through the worldwide excess defense articles (EDA) program, which is open to all eligible countries, including Afghanistan and Pakistan.

This equipment will not be brought back with US forces from Afghanistan as they redeploy elsewhere, it added.

Pakistan has requested a variety of Excess Defense Articles (EDA), it said, adding the US is currently reviewing Pakistan’s request for EDA. If approved, this EDA is likely to be sourced from US stock outside Afghanistan.

The US Department of Defense manages the process for identifying recipients for excess defense articles with State Department approval. The US assists Pakistan through many security cooperation programs to build partnership capacity.

The statement said that decisions of who receives EDA are made on a case-by-case basis taking into consideration a range of factors including the need of potential recipients, regional security dynamics, how the recipient nations intend to use the equipment and the ability of an EDA recipient to sustain the equipment.

Final determinations of EDA are still being made, it added. – SAMAA

mrap-exploded.jpg

That MRAP sure has been destroyed, however i'm sure the occupants survided and this is exactly why we need them.
if it was PA's 4x4 that went over this IED.....you can guess the amount of destruction it would've caused.

Pakistan to get leftover Afghan war equipment: Defence Secretary - DAWN.COM

Pretty sure, Pakistan will fight tooth-n-nail to get those MRAPs; it would make absolutely NO sense for the Americans to leave them in Afghanistan for the Taliban to see the countryside around in.

Fat Lady continues to sing, only those with a penchant for listening what needs to be listened to, decipher what is being sung.

US reviewing Pakistan’s request for excess military hardware

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is eligible to buy excess US military hardware in Afghanistan and the United States is currently reviewing Islamabad’s request for the same.

According to a statement issued by the US Embassy in Islamabad, military equipment that has been determined to be excess can be made available through the worldwide excess defense articles (EDA) program, which is open to all eligible countries, including Afghanistan and Pakistan.

This equipment will not be brought back with US forces from Afghanistan as they redeploy elsewhere, it added.

Pakistan has requested a variety of Excess Defense Articles (EDA), it said, adding the US is currently reviewing Pakistan’s request for EDA. If approved, this EDA is likely to be sourced from US stock outside Afghanistan.

The US Department of Defense manages the process for identifying recipients for excess defense articles with State Department approval. The US assists Pakistan through many security cooperation programs to build partnership capacity.

The statement said that decisions of who receives EDA are made on a case-by-case basis taking into consideration a range of factors including the need of potential recipients, regional security dynamics, how the recipient nations intend to use the equipment and the ability of an EDA recipient to sustain the equipment.

Final determinations of EDA are still being made, it added. – SAMAA

That MRAP sure has been destroyed, however i'm sure the occupants survided and this is exactly why we need them.
if it was PA's 4x4 that went over this IED.....you can guess the amount of destruction it would've caused.

Although people are saying that these might be 1500 of them. But I am sure it will be 13000 of them which will come in Pakistan. Along with 600++ Humvees in Jordan Army which US can easily bought for PAA. As these Humvees can be given to KPK Police...

More over, I would really like if US buy's of KSA 15,000+ Humvees and give them to Afghan to fight the reaming terrorist then I would be a great boost and will help them a lot.

@TOPGUN @Penguin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom