What's new

Scientists develop new halal meat test

And why should you not eat of that (meat) on which Allah's Name has been pronounced (at the time of slaughter), while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you, except under extreme necessity? (6:119)

the above mention ayat is enough for believer and for non believer they are just transgressing the limit of allah
jews and christian used to slaughter their animal like us but by the passage of time christian transgress the limit of allah and change their slaughter way.

if you see how they slaughter beef with shock gun and sheep with electric shock and then bleeding the animal next to juguler vein just to make it impure and show their disbelief when its proven that cutting juguler vein of the animal the feeling of pain reaching the animal brain is disconnected and is the best way for animal to die.
When a animal is slaughter by cutting juguler vein its heart start pumping blood out very fast and what is left behind is pure Allah almighty wants us to eat pure and be healthy .

and why should a believer eat from a animal on which allah's name is not mention i will prefer to become vegeterian then eating meat which is haram.

And its the practice of Rasool saw and shahabah and majority of muslim around the world to recite allah's name and place animal facing kabah .these practice is not only for bakri eid but practice daily in islamic slaughter house around the globe.
Thats new to me....

You can actually tell to a certain level if the meat is slaughtered in a "halal" way, 1 see the chop if the govt vouches for it ...should be ok then the sin is on the govt....you did your job to look for Halal....2nd blood clots and a distinctive smell indicates that the animal was in some stress....

Again I would like to emphasize the topic is about the technology as it is in the technology and science section...

Thank you!

Minimum knowledge for the believer is too know what is halal and haram its individual and not on any goverment or person because we as a believer is liable for our act and when you have doubt on any thing is better to avoid it.

Thats new to me....

You can actually tell to a certain level if the meat is slaughtered in a "halal" way, 1 see the chop if the govt vouches for it ...should be ok then the sin is on the govt....you did your job to look for Halal....2nd blood clots and a distinctive smell indicates that the animal was in some stress....

Again I would like to emphasize the topic is about the technology as it is in the technology and science section...

Thank you!

I know that your a troll. So leave this thread with respect!

You don't know anything about our religion. NADA. And if you don't have anything good to add or say than please don't waste time of people like me that try to stop trolls like you. :sniper:

If you don't have the answer to the question, don't bother to reply.....

Minimum knowledge for the believer is too know what is halal and haram its individual and not on any goverment or person because we as a believer is liable for our act and when you have doubt on any thing is better to avoid it.
True we are liable for our act to find food and sustain our body....

We are liable for looking for halal food

We are however not liable if we are told something is halal...that falls on the body who told us....

If you have doubts then avoid....but you are not liable to tell off others....esp when the thing is chopped halal...

WTH?? This is just to identify mixing of the meat. For it to be halal, animal needs to be killed in one of the most brutal way possible (by slitting throat and let it bleed to death). How are they going to identify that?
You literally are off topic this is science and tech section where the device finds detects trace amounts of swine meat...Why not talk about that?

You literally are off topic this is science and tech section where the device finds detects trace amounts of swine meat...Why not talk about that?

Halal meat has so many conditions including saying magic words while killing. This is only about food adulteration. Whoever gave the heading obviously has no idea about technology or trying to sensationalize....

Halal meat has so many conditions including saying magic words while killing. This is only about food adulteration. Whoever gave the heading obviously has no idea about technology or trying to sensationalize....
Well the idea was for a secular country to help its minority Muslims and Jews...try reading the topic....Plus for majority of the people halal = no swine...So that is not the issue so why make it 1?

We are talking about trace amounts of swine meat or horse meat detection....Horse meat because that case happened last year so you see, the technology can be used for other adulterations...

How are they going to identify that?

If you don't have the answer to the question, don't bother to reply.....

Here you go, your highness:-

"True we are liable for our act to find food and sustain our body....

We are however not liable if we are told something is halal...that falls on the body who told us....

If you have doubts then avoid....but you are not liable to tell off others....esp when the thing is chopped halal..."

The is what @Talon said, which is very true and answers your question. But let me elaborate a bit since your case is different.

The only way to identify a halal meat is by asking the person who is giving it to you. For example, a halal meat store (here in the U.S.). So, if my halal meat store tells me that its halal. Than I don't have to worry about it and I do believe that what my store sells me is halal.

Since 1) He is a muslim and would never sell haram

2) Halal meat always coalesces and haram meat spreads. A chef or a person who cooks regularly, will see the difference when they cook something that is not halal.

Whoever gave the heading obviously has no idea about technology or trying to sensationalize....

:tsk: Sir, no ones here is trying to sensationalize anything and from what the OP has said in this thread and what he has posted. We can all agree that he does know about tech.

What we don't agree upon (me and other members do) is that you have been answered to your questions and have been exposed as a troll.

So, leave this thread as respectfully as you can. :enjoy:

Here you go, your highness:-

"True we are liable for our act to find food and sustain our body....

If you have doubts then avoid....but you are not liable to tell off others....esp when the thing is chopped halal..."

The is what @Talon said, which is very true and answers your question. But let me elaborate a bit since your case is different.

The only way to identify a halal meat is by asking the person who is giving it to you. For example, a halal meat store (here in the U.S.). So, if my halal meat store tells me that its halal. Than I don't have to worry about it and I do believe that what my store sells me is halal.

Since 1) He is a muslim and would never sell haram

2) Halal meat always coalesces and haram meat spreads. A chef or a person who cooks regularly, will see the difference when they cook something that is not halal.

:tsk: Sir, no ones here is trying to sensationalize anything and from what the OP has said in this thread and what he has posted. We can all agree that he does know about tech.

What we don't agree upon (me and other members do) is that you have been answered to your questions and have been exposed as a troll.

So, leave this thread as respectfully as you can. :enjoy:
You have no idea what you are talking or I am not getting it. Let me clear my question
1. If, while killing the animal, "magic word" was not spoken will the meat be halal? If not, will the machine detect whether holy word was spoken during the killing or not?
2. If the machine can't detect that, it simply means that only food adulteration is being detected. Then why call it halal meat detector?
3. If you think that someone says it is halal meat but it is not then you don't have any "sin" on you and the person selling the meat is responsible, why bother about the content of the meat? Whether it has pig or something else, you have not sinned, right?

Well the idea was for a secular country to help its minority Muslims and Jews...try reading the topic....Plus for majority of the people halal = no swine...So that is not the issue so why make it 1?

We are talking about trace amounts of swine meat or horse meat detection....Horse meat because that case happened last year so you see, the technology can be used for other adulterations...
Is it? May be people who look for halal meat can confirm. My muslim roommate told me that halal is no swine (or other prohibite meat), not cutting the head of the animal while killing and saying the holy word while killing. Any condition not met means meat is not halal. If you are talking of finding trace meat (or adulteration), then change the heading to say so... I have no problem with that. The heading also implies that somehow it is even possible to detect halal meat from rest of the meat (there by implying halal meat is different than normal meat) which totally unscientific...

Last edited:
You have no idea what you are talking or I am not getting it. Let me clear my question
1. If, while killing the animal, "magic word" was not spoken will the meat be halal? If not, will the machine detect whether holy word was spoken during the killing or not?
2. If the machine can't detect that, it simply means that only food adulteration is being detected. Then why call it halal meat detector?
3. If you think that someone says it is halal meat but it is not then you don't have any "sin" on you and the person selling the meat is responsible, why bother about the content of the meat? Whether it has pig or something else, you have not sinned, right?

I can see that your not getting it.

1) "Magic Words" need to be spoken. The machine is only there to detect other animal parts since non-muslim countries & big companies like MC Donald's (or Burger King), used pig/horse meat in them.

2) They call it the halal meat detector since it detects whether there is halal meat in it or not. And yes, it works pretty well! (see the op's first post)

3) Again, this machine is not made for local use like in Pakistan, where you can get halal meat from a local store or in a local Halal meat store in the US. It's made for people who we know will lie or use deception. Like Burger King and other corporations. Now don't go ranting that they are all goodie goddie.

But yes, it is our responsibility to find out if the meat is halal or not. So, when a person goes to a halal meat shop, he questions and finds out. Now, we know that corporations/companies, like Burger King will use laws or sections of law to prohibit people like us from finding the truth. So, we just take a sample of their meat (which they sell, obviously) and put it in the "halal meat detector".

I hope you understand. If not, than God help you.:coffee:

1stly, its not even a machine ...Its an analytical Chemistry method...
Our main concern is trace amounts...not about how the meat was slaughtered....

2nd, I dont get why you have a problem with calling it halal or kosher...When we dont even know what the meat may contain we cant go further down as to how it was slaughtered!

3rdly, content of the meat is more important because we are concerned about trace amounts meaning adulteration due to mishandling....

The issue is not about the slaughter house because many in west are checked on every now and then without announcement to see everything is going accordingly...However if the meat was say mixed up or handled with other meat or while packaging the same machine was used and some bits of other meat was stuck or say the horse meat issue (if you want to apply it in border aspects)..

But I seriously dont see what is the issue with the Indian posters here ....
Is it? May be people who look for halal meat can confirm. My muslim roommate told me that halal is no swine (or other prohibite meat), not cutting the head of the animal while killing and saying the holy word while killing. Any condition not met means meat is not halal. If you are talking of finding trace meat (or adulteration), then change the heading to say so... I have no problem with that. The heading also implies that somehow it is even possible to detect halal meat from rest of the meat (there by implying halal meat is different than normal meat) which totally unscientific...
No the heading does not imply that plus I did not write the article so why should I adulterate it?!

Lets ease your problem a little, I did mention in 1 of the posts that a frightened animal produces certain hormones, if this is researched on and identified specific to a frightened animal then yes we can use the same chemical detection method to identify those peptides! Now go rest in peace!
Thank you!

I can see that your not getting it.

1) "Magic Words" need to be spoken. The machine is only there to detect other animal parts since non-muslim countries & big companies like MC Donald's (or Burger King), used pig/horse meat in them.

2) They call it the halal meat detector since it detects whether there is halal meat in it or not. And yes, it works pretty well! (see the op's first post)

3) Again, this machine is not made for local use like in Pakistan, where you can get halal meat from a local store or in a local Halal meat store in the US. It's made for people who we know will lie or use deception. Like Burger King and other corporations. Now don't go ranting that they are all goodie goddie.

But yes, it is our responsibility to find out if the meat is halal or not. So, when a person goes to a halal meat shop, he questions and finds out. Now, we know that corporations/companies, like Burger King will use laws or sections of law to prohibit people like us from finding the truth. So, we just take a sample of their meat (which they sell, obviously) and put it in the "halal meat detector".

I hope you understand. If not, than God help you.:coffee:
So the technology detects whether the magic words were spoken or not? how? See your contradiction between points 1 and 2?

1stly, its not even a machine ...Its an analytical Chemistry method...
Our main concern is trace amounts...not about how the meat was slaughtered....

2nd, I dont get why you have a problem with calling it halal or kosher...When we dont even know what the meat may contain we cant go further down as to how it was slaughtered!

3rdly, content of the meat is more important because we are concerned about trace amounts meaning adulteration due to mishandling....

The issue is not about the slaughter house because many in west are checked on every now and then without announcement to see everything is going accordingly...However if the meat was say mixed up or handled with other meat or while packaging the same machine was used and some bits of other meat was stuck or say the horse meat issue (if you want to apply it in border aspects)..

But I seriously dont see what is the issue with the Indian posters here ....
No the heading does not imply that plus I did not write the article so why should I adulterate it?!

Lets ease your problem a little, I did mention in 1 of the posts that a frightened animal produces certain hormones, if this is researched on and identified specific to a frightened animal then yes we can use the same chemical detection method to identify those peptides! Now go rest in peace!
Thank you!
Then you got no idea of what is halal meat... First confirm or deny what I have said about halal meat. I never said you wrote the article. What I said was whoever gave the heading is ignorant about the tech...

I don't trust anybody when it comes of my imaan and my health because it don't matter to them who is going to suffer its me .

True we are liable for our act to find food and sustain our body....

If you have doubts then avoid....but you are not liable to tell off others....esp when the thing is chopped halal...

WTH?? This is just to identify mixing of the meat. For it to be halal, animal needs to be killed in one of the most brutal way possible (by slitting throat and let it bleed to death). How are they going to identify that?

Limited knowledge and even lower intelligence is often a recipe for disaster, my advise would be to keep such 'opinions' under wraps least you appear what you have appeared through this post.

It's halal :D

no its not haha

I believe it is Halaal but not preferred. You may consume it if there is no alternate. The sacrifice, though, needs to be within Islamic belief.

Even big-lizards are Halaal :-)
LINK to another thread.
Ahadees on Lizard eating

Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah: On the day of Khaibar, Allah's Messenger forbade the eating of donkey meat and allowed the eating of horse meat.
Sahih al-Bukhari 4219, In-book reference : Book 64, Hadith 259, Online English reference : Vol. 5, Book 59, Hadith 530

It was narrated that Jabir said: "We used to eat horse meat during the time of the Messenger of Allah."
Sunan an-Nasa'i 4330, In-book reference : Book 42, Hadith 68, English translation : Vol. 5, Book 42, Hadith 4335

Video on issue of falsely-so-called Jhatka-Meat. I said falsely because it's a mis-conception that it's killed with a Jhatka. They just stun the animal with a bang on its head, it's still alive, then animal is slaughtered afterwards.

Muslims have takes Halal meat issue to too extreme. Most of muslims just follow band-wagon without bothering to study WHAT the requirements to halal actually ARE!!!

2 things are required; severing of blood vessels to allow the blood to flow & taking the name of God Almighty. The way they slaughter in West (which I have seen) they sever the neck vessels & let the blood flow. So one condition fulfilled. As to 2nd condition, Hadees below make a permission that we can say name of God even after meat is prepared. The video posted also says the same.

One misconception that is common is "Jhatkay Walaa Meat". They think that animals are killed by striking them on head etc. Which is wrong. They stun the animal by hitting it on back of neck/head & presume that in doing so animal will NOT feel the pain of slaughter that much. Animal does NOT die, in fact when I saw them doing it, animal kept standing on its legs & was then taken to a rotating cage where 4 animals were trapped & then their throats were slit with a rotating disc-blade. & Blood was allowed to flow. Spine was NOT severed, only the neck blood-vessels were. Even if spine is severed, it shouldn't matter.
=
=

Watch this video & read Ahadees below. Even thou everyone in West might NOT be Ahl-e-Kitaab BUT method of slaughter is that of Ahl-e-Kitaab. So meat prepared in west would be considered food of Ahl-e-Kitaab.
=
=
Q&A: Are McDonald's and Burger King Halal? - Jamal Badawi - YouTube
=
=

=
=
Abu Dawood:Book 9, Number 2823:

Narrated 'A'ishah: (the narrator Musa did not mention the words "from 'A'ishah in his worsion from Hammad, and al-Qa'nabi also did not mention the words "from 'A'ishah" in his version from Malik): They (the people) said: Apostle of Allah, there are people here, recent converts from polytheism, who bring us meat and we do not know whether or not they mentioned Allah's name over it. The Messenger of Allah said: Mention Allah's name and eat.
Abu Dawood:9:2811:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:The verse: "So eat of (meats) on which Allah's name hath been pronounced (Qur'an vi. 118)" and the verse: "Eat not of (meats) on which Allah's name hath not been pronounced (Qur'an v. 6)," were abrogated, meaning an exception was made therein by the verse: "The food of the people of the Book is lawful unto you and yours lawful unto them. (Qur'an vi. 121)"
Dawud :: Book 15 : Hadith 2820
Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:
Ibn Isa added: (Ibn Abbas) and AbuHurayrah said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) forbade the devil's sacrifice. AbuIsa added in his version: This refers to the slaughtered animal whose skin is cut off, and is then left to die without its jugular veins being severed.

Sunan Abu Dawood 9:2812-15, 2820, 2849-51
Quran:5:3-4, 6:118,121,145.
=
=

You post appears to be, quite literally, full of narrations and explanations that offer opinions based on random interpretations.

There is, I believe, also an instruction in the Holy Qur'an to 'not approach or offer prayers'. However, it goes on to say 'while under the influence (of alcohol)'. If we just take the first line, out of context, then it is a major sin and wilful propagation of incorrect information.

Many of my fellow Muslims in Western Countries (or where Halal meat is not readily available) often hide behind such 'fatwa's'. One may just as well not even say the name of Allah and eat it anyway, it's not as if a random lightening bolt will strike them the instance they eat that meat. One must either follow religion or not do it, simple.

And by the way, don't we offer the name of Allah before starting any meal, anyway???? Think about it!

Back
Top Bottom