What's new

Science is a dwarf in front of astrology, says BJP MP in parliament.

No proof, or any real study has gone into it, since you just asked for descriptions, from older texts
Brahmastra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Description of the effects:
Exactly what I want to say when you don't have any proof how can you declare science is dwarf in front of astrology.
And by the way there is no mention in your link of any human civilization that existed lakhs of years ago.

Some guys are preferring not to read this news & looking other way . :crazy:

Nearly every house hold watch news and they have seen this and read this. But why so much hulla bulla? That because he is an MP and I agree with @SarthakGanguly 's particular post. He is not denigrating modern Sc.. He said because of he thinks like that. It does not mean Govt. will start teaching astrology from tomorrow or anything like that.

Now you will tell, why elect such a person? These types are every where and in every nation. Sometimes people in some area give vote to a party rather than some individual.

And regarding civilization, science etc. in ancient times, it depends on one's beliefs. We have programmes in History18, discovery channels and children see that and when they grow up their believes will differ from each other naturally. This thing has happened with that MP also (may be through books or by stories from his parents/grand parents).

That is his comment. You can agree or disagree. Nothing is being changed.

No wonder on this :) because it's from a country whose PM claimed at an international forum that ancient India was "so advance that it could trasnplant the head of an elephant to a human child & make hand made gods"...!

Hinduism has nothing to do with this issue. There is no mention of nuclear test in ancient religious scriptures of sanatan dharma. No vedic scripture indicate anything against modern science.
Problem is they are indicating to ban modern science. (Although everyone of them is slave of modern scientific gadgets).

They are not indicating to ban modern science. How many know that Astrology is pure science? Yes, it is pure science.

People believe only if they think what Astrology predicted have come true. Eminent Mathematicians are also great Astrologers. Are you suggesting this ancient learning is not science and BS?

Kindly tell me which validated traditional text says that a nuclear test was conduted lakhs of years ago.
Although according to modern science humans are near about 70,000 years only.
And please also enlighten me with name of civilization that existed lakh years ago.

Some guys are preferring not to read this news & looking other way . :crazy:

If I am not wrong the statement was " Centuries ago Rishi Kanad had conducted the first nuclear test. ".

Wonder where does lakhs of years come from.? Since when "Centuries" have become lakhs of years..? I am sure you along with 99% Indians would not have heard of Rishi Kanad . This is exactly what needs to be changed.

Even if he said " Lakhs of years ago ,...", this was said in a heated debate where he was defending a certain POV. How often do we take these figures literally..?

Last edited:
That was sarcasm given after the person I was replying said to ban Hinduism.

Please elaborate how he was supporting science by saying science is dwarf in front of astrology & we conducted a nuke test lakh years ago. ( dosen't he was challenging science as science says humans are 70 thousand years old & he says humans are existing from lakhs of years?)
What he wanted to say (probably...does anyone have a link to the speech itself?)- Indians science is awesome, our science was very advanced (he is free to believe it), and Astrology, does require indepth knowledge of astronomy.

What he did not say- Science is terrible, everybody must not study it, it is the worst thing ever. We must ban it

How are you jumping to conclusions that we are banning science ?

No wonder on this :) because it's from a country whose PM claimed at an international forum that ancient India was "so advance that it could trasnplant the head of an elephant to a human child & make hand made gods"...!

Not to troll, but there are certain things either a muslim and hindu will know better than communists :) The 'stories' of jinns and tabeez your kind and my kind wear are beyond rationality syed husain. But both you and I know equally well how much truth can be found in these 'stories'.

Mention this to any rationalist and you will hear his guffaws. We are not talking rationality here. The holy men in your religion and mine have had special abilities for ages. Should I belittle it as well ?

Not to troll, but there are certain things either a muslim and hindu will know better than communists :) The 'stories' of jinns and tabeez your kind and my kind wear are beyond rationality @syed husain. But both you and I know equally well how much truth can be found in these 'stories'.

Mention this to any rationalist and you will hear his guffaws. We are not talking rationality here. The holy men in your religion and mine have had special abilities for ages. Should I belittle it as well ?
Try to push the brakes first, If Modi would have said that "our holy men" then I wouldn't have given these comments, He claimed it to be among the "scientific achievements of Indian civilization" which even a practicing hindu can't take seriously. I would have okay'd even with human head to another human body transplant but.......!
No offense on religion I agree.

Not yet. :devil: My first post was an antidote. :D

Which authority can ban modern science? How is that even possible? There are people who believe the Earth is Flat. Who is questioning them for having a free will? Why can't even MPs have a personal life of their own? Has he passed a resolution for curtailing funding for research? Has he diluted the focus on science? Has he given a speech to the scientific community on their lack of worth? Or has he taken part in a debate highlighting what he feels?

That has nothing to do with being in the stone age. Primarily because there was no astrology in the Stone Age. :D

Check this out - Astrology: Science or superstition?

We don't have enough stuff to dismiss it entirely. Just like Homeopathy and Ayurveda this debate is going to last.

Sarthak don't defend him ... Pokhariyal has a good track record of topping in corruption in my state, he was the person behind bjp lost uttranchal.... Beside he himself is a PhD holder(if m not wrong)....
On topic
These hollow or unscientific statement can ire any sane/rational person who has voted him to raise the real concern or causes that we as a nation need to address.....
As far as Vedic knowledge is concerned I firmly believe central gov should open a full fledged institution dedicated to research only in Vedic science/maths/astrology/medicine/yoga n etc....
Moreover noway you can compare todays science with Vedic science of thousands year old though we had a rich heritage in form of knowledge since our inception of as Santani ....

What he wanted to say (probably...does anyone have a link to the speech itself?)- Indians science is awesome, our science was very advanced (he is free to believe it), and Astrology, does require indepth knowledge of astronomy.

What he did not say- Science is terrible, everybody must not study it, it is the worst thing ever. We must ban it

How are you jumping to conclusions that we are banning science ?

Read my post no.14 again , as I said it was a sarcasm not a conclusion. It was replied against another sarcasm.
If I am not wrong the statement was " Centuries ago Rishi Kanad had conducted the first nuclear test. ".

Wonder where does lakhs of years come from.? Since when "Centuries" have become lakhs of years..? I am sure you along with 99% Indians would not have heard of Rishi Kanad . This is exactly what needs to be changed.

Even if he said " Lakhs of years ago ,...", this was said in a heated debate where he was defending a certain POV. How often do we take these figures literally..?
There are 3 different news links given in my post & word lakh is clearly mentioned in every news link. He was speaking in parliament not in front of his illiterate followers. Every word spoken in parliament goes on record.
They are not indicating to ban modern science. How many know that Astrology is pure science? Yes, it is pure science.

People believe only if they think what Astrology predicted have come true. Eminent Mathematicians are also great Astrologers. Are you suggesting this ancient learning is not science and BS?
Just give me answer of one simple question
Whenever you need medical attention where would you like to go to an astrologer or doctor?

Try to push the brakes first, If Modi would have said that "our holy men" then I wouldn't have given these comments, He claimed it to be among the "scientific achievements of Indian civilization" which even a practicing hindu can't take seriously. I would have okay'd even with human head to another human body transplant but.......!
No offense on religion I agree.

No i did not take any offence and i know you probably didn't mean it as well. My contention is that people who make fun of these claims themselves go to a maulvi or a tantrik/pandit with gay abandon. But let one utter one's matter of faith publicly and all hell breaks lose.

For example look in this thread everybody is embarrassed ! how could he have said such a thing. Oh my god surgery! Nuclear weapons !

What we call science today is science that we can understand. And everything happens for a reason and has a cause. once we understand how it can be achieved it becomes the foundation of science of that particular branch.
It did sound stupid i agree, but to make fun of it is hypocrisy when we ourselves are witness to ample miracles in this age and day.

Sarthak don't defend him ... Pokhariyal has a good track record of topping in corruption in my state, he was the person behind bjp lost uttranchal.... Beside he himself is a PhD holder(if m not wrong)....
On topic
These hollow or unscientific statement can ire any sane/rational person who has voted him to raise the real concern or causes that we as a nation need to address.....
As far as Vedic knowledge is concerned I firmly believe central gov should open a full fledged institution dedicated to research only in Vedic science/maths/astrology/medicine/yoga n etc....
Moreover noway you can compare todays science with Vedic science of thousands year old though we had a rich heritage in form of knowledge since our inception of as Santani ....
Defending him was not my intention, only a side effect. I have successfully veered the topic to a more kosher form. This would have been another Hindu bashing thread otherwise. :) I agree with all that you mention above.

Antidote for what ? :undecided:
On topic :
It is quite unfortunate for us that we have some bad mouthing MPs & we are trying to compete with China.
MPs have their personal life but he was speaking in parliament not in his house.
He hasn't diluted the focus on science but he tried his best & that too in parliament.
He has given this half-witted statement during a debate in the Lok Sabha on a legislation to give more powers to the School of Planning and Architecture.( Gosh... these type of guys are discussing our educational planning :suicide2:)

My bad about stone age. Here is new slogan ab ki bar Middle Age sarkar :D
Don't worry - it worked. And Indian Middle Ages means the Islamic period. You evil Communal. :mad:

There are 3 different news links given in my post & word lakh is clearly mentioned in every news link. He was speaking in parliament not in front of his illiterate followers. Every word spoken in parliament goes on record.

Just give me answer of one simple question
Whenever you need medical attention where would you like to go to an astrologer or doctor?

And all three are known to have strong anti-BJP bias. I had read the report in TOI where they mentioned centuries. Which BTW still does not explain that since when are we taking figures quoted in heated debates literally..?

And since when is parliament a civilized place..? Far crazier things have been said which are also on record.

Back
Top Bottom