Reaction score
Country
India
Saudis told not to marry women from Pakistan, 3 other states
By Syed Rashid Husain
Updated about 3 hours ago
53e154e320096.jpg

Photo by Faras Ghani
RIYADH: Saudi men have been prohibited from marrying women from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Chad and Myanmar, says a report in Makkah daily quoting Makkah Police Director Maj Gen Assaf Al-Qurashi.

According to unofficial figures, there are about 500,000 women from these four countries currently residing in the kingdom.

In a move apparently aimed at discouraging Saudi men from marrying foreigners, additional formalities have been placed before issuing the permission for marriage with foreigners. Saudi men wishing to marry foreigners now face tougher regulations.

Those wanting to marry foreign women should first obtain the consent of the government and submit marriage applications through official channels, Maj Gen Qurashi was quoted as saying.

The official said applicants should be over 25 and attach identification documents signed by the local district mayor as well as all other identity papers, including a copy of his family card. “If the applicant is already married, he should attach a report from a hospital proving that his wife is either disabled, suffering from a chronic disease or is sterile,” he said.

Maj Gen Qurashi said divorced men would not be allowed to apply within six months of their divorce.

Published in Dawn, August 6th, 2014

Forever a narrow-minded, conservative and isolated tribal nation.

I'd go so far as to say that the only reason they're on the map today is because of the vast amount of oil which Allah blessed them with and because Islam gave them respect and heightened their status among the other believing nations.

Last edited:
Forever a narrow-minded, conservative and isolated tribal nation. If they didn't have all that money and the religion of Islam, nobody would even have looked their way.

But when this saudi is hailed very high by Pakistani members, It gives me an impression of the slave mentality. Even i have seen Pakistani members supporting Saudi decision to Hang innocent Pakistanis in drugs case.

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia: The Saudi government have banned the country’s men from marrying women from Pakistan and three other counties, in a move apparently aimed at discouraging Saudi men from marrying foreigners.

Apparently the local saudi women were being ignored- so they had to ban few favorite ones-

What happened to all that Islamic brotherhood?
I am surprised..

Some Pakistani feels, they are Arab Ancestors.

Dont worry Indians your country name is not there,,you all are free to send ur sisters n daughters over here.. i hope Saudis treat them well. n frankly m glad to see Pakistan name up there,.:pakistan:

But when this saudi is hailed very high by Pakistani members, It gives me an impression of the slave mentality. Even i have seen Pakistani members supporting Saudi decision to Hang innocent Pakistanis in drugs case.
How can they be innocent if they are Selling Drugs Their Country their Rules their should
Forever a narrow-minded, conservative and isolated tribal nation. If they didn't have all that money and the religion of Islam, nobody would even have looked their way.
I think this is a good Move bcz Few months back their was some news about rich arabs taking girls from bangladesh , india , pakistan as their wifes for few days and paying them
But..but..pakistanis are arabs!!They even have family trees to prove it.:lol::frown::lol::lol:
"ummah"bhauji ki beto or betiya ko saudi sheikhs ki laat par gaayi.
No one said they cant marry yeah just made it little harder so rich cant use Marriage as prostitution
Some Pakistani feels, they are Arab Ancestors.
Dude Islam Goes Beyond Blood relations No matter where any one is from All the muslims are brothers thats it but If people are beying ignorant thats not Islams problem its their problem

Saudi men have been prohibited from marrying women from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Chad and Myanmar, says a report in Makkah daily quoting Makkah Police Director Maj Gen Assaf Al-Qurashi.
First of all, singling out women from 4 countries is pure discrimination, and frankly quite stupid. I cant say for Bangladesh, or Chad, or Myanmar, but women from Pakistan are simply not lining up to marry Saudi men (who wants to be the 3rd or 4th or n-number wife of a man?). Besides, Pakistani (and other foreign women except maids) women residing in KSA are with their husbands. KSA laws prohibit workers/residents from keeping their adult children with them in KSA. Secondly, most women from Chad and Myanmar would be non-Muslims and I don't think Saudis like to marry non-Muslim women (or giving them the legal status of a wife), in-fact, they most probably are not allowed to in the first place. I am not sure about Bangladeshi women but unlike Philippines, and Indonesia, I don't think Bangladesh sends women as maids to work in Saudi households. Something does not look right about this report.

really? which self respecting nation wouldn't be glad at such news. hindus might feel proud, so go ahead send your girls to the arabs. just like olden times :lol:
Actually the others are excluded because it is a rarity for Indians to end up 'marrying' Saudis. Its most common for these countries. Marrying into Arabs is considered a great accomplishment in Pakistan :lol:

But I support this KSA law, it would prevent rich old men from 'marrying' very young women.

Back
Top Bottom