What's new

Saudis furious over ‘King of the Sands’ screening

Syrian Lion

Reaction score
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Saudis furious over ‘King of the Sands’ screening

Saudi Arabia’s authorities have failed to conceal their growing anger over the screening of “King of the Sands” movie.
Talal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, son of the first monarch of Saudi Arabia King Abdulaziz and a senior member of the Saudi royal family, said that Saudi Arabia has already expressed its discontent with the screening of King of the Sands and considers it as a great disrespect towards its [Saudi Arabia’s] founder King Abdulaziz.

Talal also slammed the director of film, Najdat Aznour, and called him as “director of Jihad al-Nikah” or “sexual Jihad”

“We have already made contacts with President Bashar al-Assad via a mutual friend to bring the screening of the movie to an end in the Arab country” Talal said.

Directed by the famous Syrian director Najdat Aznour, King of the Sands has already found a wide range of audience in the Arab world.

The content of the movies has to do with the life story of Saudi Arabia founder - King Abdul Aziz al Saud, known as Ibn Saud and his sudden improvement in turning his personality from a vague tribal leader in Kuwait to a certain ruler of the Arabian Peninsula.

The film depicts Ibn Saud as an unscrupulous, bloodthirsty womanizer who was directed and backed by British statesmen.

The film’s director had previously told that, his intention was to expose the religious fanaticism that Ibn Saud promoted which - he says - is behind much modern day terrorism.

King of the Sands is a landmark taboo-breaking film that challenges the very foundations of the Saudi kingdom.

King of the Sands (2013) - Synopsis

King of the Sands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All great leaders enjoyed the company of women.

Why to pick on the founder of Saudi Arabia?

The credit goes to that great king for molding bunch of tribes into a cohesive country.

If it was not for him,

The region would be zoo of tribes, with everyone fighting with another for a small slice of a pie.

We must give credit where credit is due.

Movies come and go, but good kingdoms stay. No need to jump up and down by some supporters of Bashar the Butcher and rabid Ayatullahs.

Yes Saudi Arabian version of Islam was abused by terrorists but so is the version of Shia Islam being abused at this very moment.

Should we then assume that Ayatullahs too are womanizing bunch?

peace

i read somewhere long ago that the ibn saud used to make a living raiding haj caravans before they took over hejaz? any truth to that...?????

i read somewhere long ago that the ibn saud used to make a living raiding haj caravans before they took over hejaz? any truth to that...?????

not sure about Ibn Saud.

But yes some in that land did loot Hajj caravans.

But in general Arabs in the region followed strict code of not fighting or raiding during the three months including the month of zil hajj.

However once Ibn Saud consolidated control over modern day Saudi Arabia, there was peace and safety and security from the standards of that time.

not sure about Ibn Saud.

But yes some in that land did loot Hajj caravans.

But in general Arabs in the region followed strict code of not fighting or raiding during the three months including the month of zil hajj.

However once Ibn Saud consolidated control over modern day Saudi Arabia, there was peace and safety and security from the standards of that time.
i was hoping for asaudi on the forum to reply--if he dares....democracy for arabia----

i was hoping for asaudi on the forum to reply--if he dares....democracy for arabia----

yea sure.

But I have traveled through the region and know a bit about their history too.

Democracy in Saudi? the best outcome will be constitutional monarchy like the one in UK.

peace

Director of Jihad al-Nikah??? Creepy. I wonder whom he would have meant by "a mutual friend" here.

The region would be zoo of tribes, with everyone fighting with another for a small slice of a pie.
Happy I am to see it not Like zoo nowadays, because in zoo I can't find any Species beheading any Congener and then film it as a victorious moment.

King of the Sands: Controversial Syrian Film on Saudi Arabia's Founder Shown in Syria + Trailer
"King of the Sands", a film by Syrian director Najdat Anzour, is now being shown in Syrian movie theaters after high-level Saudi officials tried to prevent its showing. The film is a biopic of the founder of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Abdul Aziz ibn Saud, and is considered as the first film to do so, as the subject has been considered a taboo for Saudis. The director states that the root cause of the phenomenon of Wahhabi terrorism that is spreading in the entire world can be traced back to the beginnings of the Saud dynasty.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom