What's new

Saudi king appoints half brother as heir to throne

Where is Obam's lecture on Democracy? Or are they only reserved for poor countries?

What is Obama doing in here !
He remodeled the Sauds kitchen..
@Yzd Khalifa
That's the changes I was talking about few months ago. Can you tell us a little bit about Moqren? What is Bandar's fate? Would this change will give a spark to US/KSA relation after the recent loss of steam..

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has appointed his half-brother Ben Abdel Aziz Moqren heir to the throne

AFP | Published: 3/27/2014 7:07 p.m. CET
n-ARABIE-SAOUDITE-large570.jpg

The King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has appointed Thursday his half-brother, Moqren Ben Abdel Aziz, Crown Prince next, opening up the way for the accession to the throne at the head of the kingdom, an oil power.

According to a decree of the Cabinet royal evening broadcast by state television Al-Ikhbariya, Prince Moqren, current 2nd Vice President of the Council of Ministers is appointed the next heir to the throne.
It will be proclaimed sovereign "if a vacancy in positions of crown prince and king," according to the decision taken by the Board of allegiance "to more than three quarters" of its 34 members, the princes of the royal family.
This decision is irrevocable, says the royal decree.
The Allegiance Council is supposed to designate the future heir.
But a source close to the circle of power in Riyadh told AFP that King Abdullah had met the Council asking it to approve his decision to appoint Moqren, 69, as crown prince, "in case of accession to throne Crown Prince Salman or absence "of the latter.
She added that Prince Salman, who is also defense minister, is sick and "may decide not to claim the throne" because of his health.
Accordance with the rules of succession in force in the kingdom, the world's largest oil exporter, power is transmitted from one brother to another, respecting the right of primogeniture among the son of King Abdul Aziz (Ibn Saud) founder of the kingdom.
To institutionalize the process of transition , King Abdullah established in 2006 "Allegiance Council", which would normally begin to exercise its prerogatives to his death.

Good luck to a new beginning , KSA!

@Yzd Khalifa
That's the changes I was talking about few months ago. Can you tell us a little bit about Moqren? What is Bandar's fate? Would this change will give a spark to US/KSA relation after the recent loss of steam..

Really? You predicted this and called this one out? How did you know. :)

Also, what else can you tell us? :D

Really? You predicted this and called this one out? How did you know. :)
It was in the air..Syria's marasm and Poutin line in the sand did them all in and especially the US that put the blame, square on Qatar and KSA...

Also, what else can you tell us? :D
The Syrian issue and the role of the two neighbors will find a sortie this coming month in Algiers, the two countries will visit after John Kerry two days stop.
There is something else brewing especially in KSA there is an existing internal threat, and KSA is looking for help to defuse the situation, since their trust in Moroccans and Pakistanis is at a low ebb.

Yzd, might bring some light too..

The Syrian issue and the role of the two neighbors will find a sortie this coming month in Algiers, the two countries will visit after John Kerry two days stop.

All I know is that Algeria was one of very few countries in Arab League that absolutely refused to tow the Saudi line and agenda, and was very pragmatic. I think Algiers refused the "FSA" a seat in Arab League and didnt not accept its legitimacy.
Huge respect to Algeria!

images

All I know is that Algeria was one of very few countries in Arab League that absolutely refused to tow the Saudi line and agenda, and was very pragmatic. I think Algiers refused the "FSA" a seat in Arab League and didnt not accept its legitimacy.
Huge respect to Algeria!

images

Algerian had and still has a consistent, neutrality and non interference in neighbours internal affairs are the cornerstone of her foreign policy.

Mate, some summary intel on the dude. What's his bearing vis-a-vis terrorism (export variety)

This guy is progressive, but he isn't as progressive as Al-Waleed though.

He spent most of his career focusing on internal affairs such as Provinces Governance. Later he became the Chief of the GIP, wherein our external Intelligence cooperation on an international scale became stronger, developing new counter-terrorism ties with several states such as Canada, Australia.

He brought several radical elements from Pakistan, Guantanamo and Yemen as well as extraditing several terrorists of Pakistani, Afghan, German, and British nationals.

He rejected signing extradition agreements with Iran and Iraq, as the later demanded that any extradition agreements shall remain for several years at least, something the Saudis always rejected as they solely demand exchanging Iraqi prisoners for Saudi prisoners per each agreement.

Iran / Syria relations (hawk or a dove)

Like most Saudi politicians, they don't trust Iran at all, they never have, and never will.

As for Syria, I believe he favors having a political solution to the crisis rather than a military intervention. But he often stressed out the necessity of arming the FSA to the teeth, and supporting the Syrian National Council.

He's anti-MB, Al-Qaida, and Hezbollah and their likes.

So you could say that this guy happens to be a hawk with a tough skin, but not provocative or expressive, unlike Banadr.

Qatar view (if push comes to shove, will he get the fat fvk's son assassinated and annex the territory)

Tbqh, I don't personally know about his political view toward Qatar. But I can imagine that he disagrees with their FP to say the least.

Bahrain (pro intervention and annexation)

He's pro-Bahrain. None of the Saudi political elites called the annexation of Bahrain. All of them tend to prefer upgrading the GCC from a Cooperation Council into a Confederal Union.

Pakistan stand

Every Saudi politician is pro-Pakistan, even the Saudi Agriculture Minister does :rofl:

You won't be getting the bliss of the Religious Establishment, wealthy businessmen without having a pro-Pakistan stance. Otherwise, they're gonna accuse you for being hostile to Pakistan.

USA stand?

I think he's slightly indifferent toward the US, but I do know that he favors developing stronger ties with the UK, France, and China.

P.S. Above and beyond all, does he enjoy Najdi Sheep steak? o_O

Not just him but most of the Saudis do :lol: ..

I bet he favors Camel.

Mate, some summary intel on the dude. What's his bearing vis-a-vis terrorism (export variety), Iran / Syria relations (hawk or a dove), Qatar view (if push comes to shove, will he get the fat fvk's son assassinated and annex the territory), Bahrain (pro intervention and annexation), Pakistan stand, USA stand?

P.S. Above and beyond all, does he enjoy Najdi Sheep steak? o_O

@Yzd Khalifa

Maybe Abdullah will going to quit he is no longer a king???!!

Impossible, he has a tremendous amount of support from the conservative branch, progressives, liberal, businessmen, and the majority of the Saudi people.

If he steps down, this will be sparking out an uprising in response.

Doesnt the Al Saud Family have people in mid 40s-50s who could possibly become king
coz frankly its weird that while the emperor is 90, his Crown Prince is 79 and the Heir to the throne is 69

Anyone of them could be the first to die of old age

How exactly sure are you about him or his Crown passing away today or tomorrow? Maybe you and I pass away prior to their deaths. Or maybe some dude in Jeddah or Mumbai passes away prior to them.

There are many young potential successors. They're already in with their boots on in the Government. However, Our protocol has a policy that whoever is going to be in power, he has to be approved by the Allegiance Council on one hand, and the candidates must come one by one respectively to their ages.

Always old, ugly and corrupt looking. All of them, they have money but they are ugly.

They won't be as crooked as your brothers. Suffice to say that some of your brothers were on the wanted International Terror List :lol:

What else to expect from some Iranian than this ^?

So a dying geriatric **** chose the next leader, instead of it being decided by the people.
Wonderful news.

Congratulations Saudi Arabia. :)

He didn't choose the next Crown. %75 of the Succession Commission Did, while the rest opposed him.

These 37 politicians within the Commission, as well as the 12 Members of the Consultative Council, and the Religious Establishment Members share similar view on this decision to the People of KSA.

@Ceylal

@Yzd Khalifa

How's been? I hope you are doing good.

What kitchen to remodel? This picture was taken long time ago. I don't think it proves any scheme, given the fact that by the time this picture was taken, Muqrin was the Head of The Saudi National Security Council.

And what change have you been referring to? As far as my knowledge is concerned, you claim that by the end of the G-20 Summit KSA will have another " King " on a false charge where you claim that the Chemical Weapons, used against the Syrian Civilians in Guta came from the foreign arms supplies to the FSA. The UN-led investigation report concluded that the CWs were used by the Syrian Regime, It didn't come from Norway or Cuba or North Korea or the Vatican or Saudi Arabia or whatever states.

Thus, both of the conclusions you came to, were actually bogus.

As for Muqrin, you might need to check out my response to Hyperion in this post.

Banadr's fate is what it is now. He is the Chief of the GIP, nothing is changing.

Both of these two folks are simply Architects, one is in KSA's external affairs, the other in KSA's internal affairs.

I see no spark between in the Saudi-American relations. The Saudis, though, won't change their political views, under any circumstances.

@Yzd Khalifa

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has appointed his half-brother Ben Abdel Aziz Moqren heir to the throne

AFP | Published: 3/27/2014 7:07 p.m. CET
n-ARABIE-SAOUDITE-large570.jpg

The King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has appointed Thursday his half-brother, Moqren Ben Abdel Aziz, Crown Prince next, opening up the way for the accession to the throne at the head of the kingdom, an oil power.
According to a decree of the Cabinet royal evening broadcast by state television Al-Ikhbariya, Prince Moqren, current 2nd Vice President of the Council of Ministers is appointed the next heir to the throne.
It will be proclaimed sovereign "if a vacancy in positions of crown prince and king," according to the decision taken by the Board of allegiance "to more than three quarters" of its 34 members, the princes of the royal family.
This decision is irrevocable, says the royal decree.
The Allegiance Council is supposed to designate the future heir.
But a source close to the circle of power in Riyadh told AFP that King Abdullah had met the Council asking it to approve his decision to appoint Moqren, 69, as crown prince, "in case of accession to throne Crown Prince Salman or absence "of the latter.
She added that Prince Salman, who is also defense minister, is sick and "may decide not to claim the throne" because of his health.
Accordance with the rules of succession in force in the kingdom, the world's largest oil exporter, power is transmitted from one brother to another, respecting the right of primogeniture among the son of King Abdul Aziz (Ibn Saud) founder of the kingdom.
To institutionalize the process of transition , King Abdullah established in 2006 "Allegiance Council", which would normally begin to exercise its prerogatives to his death.

Good luck to a new beginning , KSA!

It was in the air..Syria's marasm and Poutin line in the sand did them all in and especially the US that put the blame, square on Qatar and KSA...

There is something else brewing especially in KSA there is an existing internal threat, and KSA is looking for help to defuse the situation, since their trust in Moroccans and Pakistanis is at a low ebb.

Yzd, might bring some light too..

I'm not ready yet to say that Assad's Syria is a sovereign state, given the fact that he lost %50 of his country.

As for Putin, his line in the sands defines Russia's foreign policy, but I don't think he could impose it on the whole world as the Qataris continue to supply the FSA with weapons among other things just as much as the Saudis do.

If what you're saying is accurate, then Russia wouldn't have used such language, when KSA openly acknowledged that the FSA received several Air-to-Surface missile systems, as this:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...bia-Russia-lost-Arab-sympathy-over-Assad.html

Barring to Algeria's typical neutral stance, I don't expect to hear anything from them regarding Syria. We are indifferent to Algeria, but we will always stand with her whenever she needs us.

Without a doubt, Whenever Algeria is brought up in a political dialogue between the Saudis and the Moroccans, it does make the latter a bit sensitive and likewise. But that doesn't mean KSA will be taking side among these two neighbors.

As for the Qatari factor in Algeria, I suspect that Algeria is going to let the opportunity to talk to KSA about Qatar's support to the MB within Algeria, flies like a pie in the sky. I don't wish to see Algeria retreating from the Arab League over Qatar's involvement with the MB. This may lead Algeria to scramble its Su-30s toward Qatar, something I don't wish to see either.

Given the facts, statistics, math, and analysis, I'm unable to identify any existing internal threat in KSA. Regardless of what ever is happening in KSA whether positive or negative, We never asked or expect Algeria to get invovlved in it.

Our relations with Pakistan and Morocco have never been as strong as what they are now. To be quite honest, I don't know what are you talking about.

Huge respect to Algeria!

images

We don't expect or enforce our political view on any international organization.

Algeria didn't refuse to let the Syrian National Council in. What they exactly said that, since Syria's membership is suspended, the League can't do a thing about it till Syria's crisis is sorted out, the very same view is shared by Egypt which is a legit point. They didn't object the SNC's delivering a speech, nor didn't they object their attendance or granting them an observer status.

The only country that refused to let the Syrian National Council in was Iraq, but they couldn't do much about it as the SNC gave a speech in the last meeting in Kuwait.

There is something else brewing especially in KSA there is an existing internal threat, and KSA is looking for help to defuse the situation...

lol lol lol :rofl:

lol lol lol :rofl:
No body expect a ragged sellout bedouin to understand adult's talk but :rofl::rofl:. This thread is for grown up, only..

@Yzd Khalifa
Thanks for your reply, it surely enlightening, but I stick with what I wrote...The Obama visit has not given all its secrets, but Syria was the main topic. KSA et Qatar are not going to Algiers to ask the latter for a mediation between the two, which I find ludicrous since , both countries speak the same language and share a common border. The role that Algeria will have is to mediate the Syrian conflict to give KSA and Qatar an honorable sortie.
The other discussion in the menu is internal to the Sauds where they need badly what Algeria has to offer in dealing with domestic terrorist. The use of Moroccans and Pakistanis does not bode well with the Sauds due to trust concerns..

No body expect a ragged sellout bedouin to understand adult's talk but :rofl::rofl:. This thread is for grown up, only..

o_O

Algeria does not exist politically, economically (Only a intestine), globally (2014). Nobody cares to its diplomacy. It is nothing. Only in your dreams.

This gang of terrorists and thieves calling themselves Al-Saud or Al-Qaeda or whatever remind me of a documentary about a few Romanian gypsy families that made a fortune out of trafficking their own people around Western Europe. The only real difference between Saudis and gypsies is that gypsies have a sense of humour whereas Saudis do not. Other than that both have their roots in inbreeding, roaming, nomadic criminals that the civilized World holds in the utmost contempt.

I mean, just look at this Muqrin fellow. You could easily find his gypsy look-alikes playing gypsy tricks and selling junk on the streets of Rome.

Back
Top Bottom