What's new

Saudi women refused entry to France for refusing to take off burkas

good,never ever let her inside France...

You should respect others religion to have for your own from others.. such an idiotic behavior of yours make other say the same as you said..

It was the exact same thing with the Minaret ban in Switzerland.

They are specifically targeting one religion, despite their great claims of secularism.

They specifically banned Minarets on Mosques. This law did not apply to Buddhist shrines or Christian monasteries, only to Minarets on Mosques.
i don't know what the Chinese would do if they have a problem in identifying the identity of person entering their country because the person wears a barqa.

It is total bullshit to stop someone from entering country because of what they are wearnig, till they cooperate in security checks. In case if a person in not cooperation during security checks, then it is proper to ask them to leave, and it should not be due to cloths they are wearing or religion they follows.

I agree with your common sense approach

and discriminatory towards women?
that includes Muslim women and these women?

20080501_happy-nun.jpg

Well, aren't these commands themselves discriminatory in essence? Muslim men can prance around in tight jeans and shirts, while Muslim women are supposed to cover up.

i don't know what the Chinese would do if they have a problem in identifying the identity of person entering their country because the person wears a barqa.

Are we a Liberal Democracy? No, we never claimed to be.

And people with Burkha's go through immigration checks all the time. That is not the issue, the issue is that you are not allowed to wear a Burkha in France at all, due to a discriminatory law.

But the law is against freedom of choice? and discriminatory towards women?
that includes Muslim women and these women?

20080501_happy-nun.jpg

There is the letter of the Law and the spirit of the law. My comment was about the letter of the law. However, the spirit of this particular French Law stems from politics, racism, and the infamous French BO.

I remember not too long ago a French Interior Minister Claude Guéan in Sarkozy admin claimed that, " All cultures are not created equal. Some are superior"

Claude Guéant, the man behind the controversy - FRANCE 24

All Cultures Are Not Created Equal, Says Minister - Global Agenda - News - Israel National News

Are we a Liberal Democracy? No, we never claimed to be.

And people with Burkha's go through immigration checks all the time. That is not the issue, the issue is that you are not allowed to wear a Burkha in France at all, due to a discriminatory law.
SO if i say i am bad then what ever i do bad is justified. come on mate, its their land their laws, if you do not wish to accept them who is forcing to go to their land. i hope you can make a good living and have a peaceful life in your own country.

The women should just wear this and see what the French reaction is...

48100.jpg

As a matter of fact, last time I was in Paris there was this Arabic couple asking me for direction. The man was standing there while it was the women wearing a face mask like the one in the picture asking me with broken English where to find the Musée Grévin. Coincidentally I was also going to walk past that museum as well and so I brought them to the destination.

At the beginning I thought it was strange why she would wear a mask like this then I remembered that it was not allowed to veil the face in France and it was a trick to bypass the law. :angry:

There is the letter of the Law and the spirit of the law. My comment was about the letter of the law. However, the spirit of this particular French Law stems from politics, racism, and the infamous French BO.

I remember not too long ago a French Interior Minister Claude Guéan in Sarkozy admin claimed that, " All cultures are not created equal. Some are superior"

Claude Guéant, the man behind the controversy - FRANCE 24

All Cultures Are Not Created Equal, Says Minister - Global Agenda - News - Israel National News

yes agreed on that...a very sane comment..Thanks.

SO if i say i am bad then what ever i do bad is justified. come on mate, its their land their laws, if you do not wish to accept them who is forcing to go to their land. i hope you can make a good living and have a peaceful life in your own country.
Issue is not about law of land been applied, it is about discrimination on the basis of clothing or religion. Law of land does not means tomorow they will force a vegan to eat nonveg or to force someone to do some thing which is prohibited as per thier culture. If they dont want some one to enter with Burkas, then should either close all their visa counters in Arab countries or clearly mention that you will get Visa only if they go without Burka. If those ladies were cooperating in security checks than asking them to return is discrimination. Think a scenrio, if a French woman goes to Dubai airport and she is forced to either wear a burka or leave the country, than dont you think its discrimination.
They should be very clear befor giving Visa, that these are the terms and conditions, if you accept it then only you will get visa otherwise not. In this case there wont be such issues.
In case of forcing French citizans to remove Burka, than i totally agree with you about the law of Land.

Götterdämmerung;3050973 said:
As a matter of fact, last time I was in Paris there was this Arabic couple asking me for direction. The man was standing there while it was the women wearing a face mask like the one in the picture asking me with broken English where to find the Musée Grévin. Coincidentally I was also going to walk past that museum as well and so I brought them to the destination.

At the beginning I thought it was strange why she would wear a mask like this then I remembered that it was not allowed to veil the face in France and it was a trick to bypass the law. :angry:

Look at what the Japanese do to prevent transmission of coughs and colds:

japan-face-masks.jpg

facemasksflavorsofjapan.png

Okay to Indians what about Ninjas??? Ninjas need to cover their face too this is how they make a living. Why do ninjas have to suffer just to take a jab at Muslims??

LMAO df, you surely can't be serious. Ninjas existed in ancient Japan. You don't actually believe that ninjas who cover up their face and jump around still exist right? You've been watching too many cartoons and playing video games.

Face covering burqas need to be banned. We already know in the past terrorists wearing burqas have blown themselves up. Especially in sensitive areas like airports, wearing a burqa is a no no. I would be pretty freaked out if I saw someone wearing a bed sheet over their head.

France have got rid of that toad Sarkosy. They should now get rid of this silly rule. I respect the right of women to wear what they choose.

and i should also be free to carry in my cutie pie pink little ladies purse
AK 47
Hash
A nuclear Bomb

And please do not quote me security reasons for its my free will.....

Issue is not about law of land been applied, it is about discrimination on the basis of clothing or religion. Law of land does not means tomorow they will force a vegan to eat nonveg or to force someone to do some thing which is prohibited as per thier culture. If they dont want some one to enter with Burkas, then should either close all their visa counters in Arab countries or clearly mention that you will get Visa only if they go without Burka. If those ladies were cooperating in security checks than asking them to return is discrimination. Think a scenrio, if a French woman goes to Dubai airport and she is forced to either wear a burka or leave the country, than dont you think its discrimination.
They should be very clear befor giving Visa, that these are the terms and conditions, if you accept it then only you will get visa otherwise not. In this case there wont be such issues.
In case of forcing French citizans to remove Burka, than i totally agree with you about the law of Land.
i was not there at the airport terminal where the incident happened, but the news that i read is the the women was not co-operating with teh airport authority on the security check. if its the other way around then the French had to be blamed. But for me if you are going to a forign nation its better that you leave behind your way of life and accept theirs and become their family until you leave that nation.

I am a Hindu, yet when I see a Mulim or get introduced to one, I do not say Namaste, instead i say "Salam Malik hum" and when a Muslim helps me out in some way i do not thank him by saying "Thank you" instead i say "Qudafiz" by this i create a personal rapo with that person. I make him feel confortable by becoming one close to his faith. this level of tolerance is some thing that is needed from any one who is travelling to another country. its better learn and accept their culture rather than establish your religious identity in a forign soil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom