What's new

Saudi women refused entry to France for refusing to take off burkas

Apparently, according to "Western Liberal Democracy", people should be free to wear what they want, as long as it is not obscene.

So, why is it suddenly different when it comes to Islamic-style clothing? Suddenly, these Western ideals go out the window... now they CAN tell you what to wear and what not to wear... but only if the clothing has something to do with Islam.

European headscarves and Sikh turbans are fine, apparently.

Double-standards.

oh nahi there are three type of Muslims

1) Practising Muslim (and unfortunately extremists also belong to this tree)
2) Non-Practising Muslim (who thinks I should follow the commandments of God, but they don't)
3) Secular/Liberal Muslim

Doesn't matter which country they belong to... Pakistan or India, they will be following the same way of life... as in Islam there is no such definition of Indian Muslim, Pakistani Muslim or French Muslim.
mulla zakir naik fallower :hitwall:

The women should just wear this and see what the French reaction is...

48100.jpg

:rofl:

She's one step ahead of you bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he also meant about the mentality of Muslims living in different countries. victim mentality in Pakistan and westwards whereas a better one in Indian and eastern countries Muslims.

in other news Lady gaga was banned permanently from entering France....Due to her ..Oppressive,Medieval,Tribal,Face veil :cheesy:

Lady-Gaga-Veil-Sydney-6-682x1024.jpg

I am on the opinion women should be free to wear what they want how they want... This rule is no different than the rule of forcing it.

At least KSA no longer forces it but France is doing the opposite.

So, it's ok for you if women wear mini skirts and hot pants walking in public in KSA without being harassed by anyone??

If the prevailing French Law says people can't wear burqa or any attire covering the face, well than its pretty self explanatory. If you wear burqa, than don't go to France.

That applies to Ladyboy Gaga also !!

does Saudi provide Religious Freedom ???

Well according to the other thread that is still running women are better off in Saudi than India.

Apparently, according to "Western Liberal Democracy", people should be free to wear what they want, as long as it is not obscene.

So, why is it suddenly different when it comes to Islamic-style clothing? Suddenly, these Western ideals go out the window... now they CAN tell you what to wear and what not to wear... but only if the clothing has something to do with Islam.

European headscarves and Sikh turbans are fine, apparently.

Double-standards.

Bless you CD you eloquently put into words which I was thinking in my head

If the prevailing French Law says people can't wear burqa or any attire covering the face, well than its pretty self explanatory. If you wear burqa, than don't go to France.

That applies to Ladyboy Gaga also !!
But the law is against freedom of choice? and discriminatory towards women?
that includes Muslim women and these women?

20080501_happy-nun.jpg

I debated this with armstrong elsewhere extensively. In short, a burka/hijab is harmful to the moral fibre of a society in the long run and should be banned. Not to mention many are forced into wearing it from a young age.

Not to mention that nowhere in islam is it mandated to wear burka or headscarf. They're ancient Saudi tribal clothings which got embedded into Islam.

Thanks for that KS. I myself am not an advocate of the Burkha. I defend it only from the point of view that provided people are not causing any harm they should be free to wear what they wish. No one should be force into dressing in a manner that they are not happy with.

Bless you CD you eloquently put into words which I was thinking in my head

It was the exact same thing with the Minaret ban in Switzerland.

They are specifically targeting one religion, despite their great claims of secularism.

They specifically banned Minarets on Mosques. This law did not apply to Buddhist shrines or Christian monasteries, only to Minarets on Mosques.

oh nahi there are three type of Muslims

1) Practising Muslim (and unfortunately extremists also belong to this tree)
2) Non-Practising Muslim (who thinks I should follow the commandments of God, but they don't)
3) Secular/Liberal Muslim

Doesn't matter which country they belong to... Pakistan or India, they will be following the same way of life... as in Islam there is no such definition of Indian Muslim, Pakistani Muslim or French Muslim.
Dear Zaaki,
The above is a logical explanation, but what i have writen is a practical part.
I live in a country that respects all religion the same, and here I have intracted with many Muslims in my life and the experince that i have with them is entirely contridictory with that of the Muslims that i have meet here in PDF especially from ME and Pakistan.
The Mulism that i have met in real life in INDIA give a damn about international conspiracy against ISLAM, where as the ones from the west of INDIA are too much into this conspiracy and are feeling a constant imaginary threat and become themselves a threat to the civilized world.
By that I am not meaning all Pakistanis suffer from this belief in conspiracy, but predominantly the major population suffer from this illusion

It is total bullshit to stop someone from entering country because of what they are wearnig, till they cooperate in security checks. In case if a person in not cooperation during security checks, then it is proper to ask them to leave, and it should not be due to cloths they are wearing or religion they follows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom