What's new

Saudi U.N. envoy demands permanent Security Council seat for Arabs

Saudi Arabia, as the birth place of Islam, the Custodian of two Holy places, Makkah and Madina and as the leading Arab and Muslim country, should get the permanent Security Council membership.
While I favor the democratization of UNSC, I find your argument very ridiculous. How does being the birth place of any religion and having holy places makes you eligible for anything? There are many major and minor religions and holy places all over the world in different countries. That doesn't make them eligible for anything. At most, being a leading Arab country and a leader of Muslim world seems a much better argument.

Saudi Arabia, as the birth place of Islam, the Custodian of two Holy places, Makkah and Madina and as the leading Arab and Muslim country, should get the permanent Security Council membership.

But UN is not that important, what is more important is to increase the power of Arab and Muslim countries and slowly move out of the dependence on current world powers by becoming more self sufficient in terms of technology and manufacturing. UN is just a legitimizing tool for the powerful countries of the world, nothing less and nothing more. When the power equation changes, UN will also change, not before that.

What UN has to do with the birth place of Islam ? Secondly not only Arabs should get a permanent seat but they should pitch for Ummah. 
Why? What's special about Arabs? What have Arabs done in the last 200 years that can be counted as a positive contribution to the human race?

They have kept the population in check in several countries which in turn created the jobs in police,military and intelligence agencies.

It wasn't the mullahs , it was the Iranian people high on oil money ,, ;) who wanted islam , anyway when this happens (Iranians rejecting islam enmasse) you will also see its shockwaves across the globe too my friend ;)

I heard that Iranians are slowly reverting to zoroastrianism, is it true? 
Why not a general Muslim seat, as opposed to an Arab one?

Then why not a Christian seat, a Hindu seat, and a Buddhist seat?

It makes sense. :tup:

The Middle East is one of the most important regions in the world in terms of geo-politics, it is silly that they have no representation on the UNSC yet.

1. Middle east is not an unified entity, they themselves have major differences and enemities between them.

2. None of them are major political or cultural or military power.
Apart from oil, they have little contribution to the world.

There should be no permanent seat on the Security Council for Arabs !

On what basis should they get one ?

Because they are Muslims ? We - the Non Arabs - are considerably more than them !

Because they are living in a Region with Issues ? Well welcome to our world !

Because they are Arabs ? That doesn't mean a thing ! Otherwise every Ethnicity should get a seat on the Security Council because they belong to XYZ Ethnic Group !

At any rate if a strong Muslim & Arab Voice is to be exercised then it should be under the framework of a strong Organization of Islamic Countries (not the neutered sh*t that it currently is) ! Strengthen the OIC & send an OIC Representative to the UNSC as a permanent member !

But it is only fair if ASEAN, SAARC, SCO & other such Organizations that represent the collective ambitions of a cluster of nation states should get a permanent seat on the UNSC as well !

That said, the best way to go forward would be to eliminate the UNSC altogether & instil a true democracy in the United Nations where all Nation-States are sovereign but equal under the laws & administrative precedents of the United Nations !

1. Middle east is not an unified entity, they themselves have major differences and enemities between them.

2. None of them are major political or cultural or military power.
Apart from oil, they have little contribution to the world.

Are you going to tell me that India is more important for the world than the Middle East?

The Middle East is one of the most important regions in the world of geopolitics. Every leader and analyst in the world is concerned with it.

A catastrophic event in the Middle East could bring down the whole world economy.

I heard that Iranians are slowly reverting to zoroastrianism, is it true? 

Then why not a Christian seat, a Hindu seat, and a Buddhist seat?

No , it's not true , they are diverting to Christianity instead , I don't deny the future of iran , which is a pathetic American style democracy. 
E
There should be no permanent seat on the Security Council for Arabs !

On what basis should they get one ?

Because they are Muslims ? We - the Non Arabs - are considerably more than them !

Because they are living in a Region with Issues ? Well welcome to our world !

Because they are Arabs ? That doesn't mean a thing ! Otherwise every Ethnicity should get a seat on the Security Council because they belong to XYZ Ethnic Group !

At any rate if a strong Muslim & Arab Voice is to be exercised then it should be under the framework of a strong Organization of Islamic Countries (not the neutered sh*t that it currently is) ! Strengthen the OIC & send an OIC Representative to the UNSC as a permanent member !

But it is only fair if ASEAN, SAARC, SCO & other such Organizations that represent the collective ambitions of a cluster of nation states should get a permanent seat on the UNSC as well !

That said, the best way to go forward would be to eliminate the UNSC altogether & instil a true democracy in the United Nations where all Nation-States are sovereign but equal under the laws & administrative precedents of the United Nations !

Exactly when they put a monorail for GCC hajj pilgrims , and make other muslims walk , that's only a taste of things to come.

Are you going to tell me that India is more important for the world than the Middle East?

The Middle East is one of the most important regions in the world of geopolitics. Every leader and analyst in the world is concerned with it.

A catastrophic event in the Middle East could bring down the whole world economy.

You're just jealous that you can't eat as much as these guys can :p: :

biryani1kq2.jpg

But I do believe that I have what it takes to beat them at this game just let me put on a shirt & get to it 8-) :

funny-pictures-of-fat-monkeys_1.jpg

Middle east is not an unified entity, and their importance will reduce with reducing stock as well as dependency on oil. Read my previous post again.

It makes sense. :tup:

The Middle East is one of the most important regions in the world in terms of geo-politics, it is silly that they have no representation on the UNSC yet.
talk about a country that has a independent foreign policy in the middle east that can be called as a responsible player in world polity then they can think of the unsc.

It won't change anything, cameras being set up every corner in the country so therefore, is a colony of the US. Otherwise, Central Intelligence Agency will have their ambition to seek assassination if it does not suit the US interest then positioning a sold out sovereign government which suit the US ambition. Example provided for the successful and attempted assassination of Communist leaders who stepped in Soviet bandwagon and the important, tense and hear beating role of fooling the nephew of Faisal to use him behind the assassination then replacing the perfect type who was Khalid to cut of the oil embargo imposed by Faisal. First and Fourth more, Central Intelligence Agency is well expertises to step in politically behind coups to benefit their interest and to prevent an anti Western government from taking full sovereign of the country and that is the mighty and the most useful tool is the third world military generals known as supporter of dictatorship that US export military aids to ensure they stay in power and providing monarchies their gift boost extensively of the economic wealth to ensure it does not alarm their citizens from seeing their kingdom of being a puppet that greets Uncle Sam's policy which forcefully themselves to secure the oil facilities.

Let's be honest here, defining the Middle East is nothing because it includes Jordan, Syria and Israel which is useless but preferable calling Iraq and the Gulf states which is not some random region but extremely useful to serve the agendas of the West and to ensure safety of the oils. Nevertheless I say, let them say whatever they want since they are some bunch of clueless people who will simply be either assassinated or toppled if they switch their policies aggressively but I'm afraid that they will be panicked who sees the histories of CIA's successful operation or are they trying to be Saddam Hussein?

Back
Top Bottom