What's new

'Saudi threatened to send back Pakistanis, reemploy Bangladeshis instead' Turkish President Erdogan

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
'Saudi threatened to send back Pakistanis, reemploy Bangladeshis instead'
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan alleges about Pakistan's pullout from Kuala Lumpur summit
Published: December 21, 2019 17:45:41

1576928741.jpg

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has alleged that Pakistan skipped Kuala Lumpur summit as Saudi Arabia threatened to recruit Bangladeshi people after sending back Pakistanis.

Erdogan made the allegation while speaking to Turkish media representatives, says Dawn quoting a report of Turkish newspaper Daily Sabah published on Friday.

“There are four million Pakistanis working in Saudi Arabia. They [threaten by saying that they] would send [Pakistanis] back and re-employ Bangladeshis instead,” Erdogan was quoted as saying.

He added that the kingdom has also threatened to withdraw money it had deposited in the State Bank of Pakistan.

The Turkish president said that it was not the first time that Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates had put pressure on a country for doing or not doing certain things.

According to Erdogan, Pakistan had to comply with the Saudi wishes "due to its economic difficulties".

While not directly addressing the Turkish president's statement, the Foreign Office of Pakistan said that Pakistan did not participate in the Kuala Lumpur summit because "time and efforts were needed to address the concerns of major Muslim countries regarding possible division in the Ummah".

"Pakistan will continue to work for the unity and solidarity of the Ummah, which is indispensable for effectively addressing the challenges faced by the Muslim world," the FO spokesperson of Pakistan said in a brief statement.

The Kuala Lumpur Summit was held in Malaysia recently to address issues such as Islamophobia and poverty with the participation of at least 250 foreign representatives from 52 countries and 150 Malaysian delegates.

President Hassan Rouhani of Iran and President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey joined the summit, among others, with Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad in the chair

But the summit signposted a deepening divide in the Muslim world as there was notable absences of the leaders of Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

The meeting was shunned by Saudi Arabia and criticised for allegedly undermining the bigger Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). Some analysts also suspected that Saudi Arabia's reluctance to attend stemmed from fear of being diplomatically isolated by regional rivals Iran, Qatar and Turkey, all of whom were attending the summit.

Saudi state news agency SPA also reported that on a call with Malaysian Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohammad, Saudi King Salman reaffirmed that such issues should be discussed through the OIC.

https://thefinancialexpress.com.bd/...anis-reemploy-bangladeshis-instead-1576928741

All the best to Bangladesh. This is a great opportunity that should not be missed.

I had hoped Indians too were given a chance to replace Pakistani work force in the gulf.

All the best to Bangladesh. This is a great opportunity that should not be missed.

I had hoped Indians too were given a chance to replace Pakistani work force in the gulf.

That opportunity has gone since Pakistan did not attend and you clearly missed the memo.

That opportunity has gone since Pakistan did not attend and you clearly missed the memo.

You never know. One should always keep the hopes alive and keep trying.

I hope India send some diplomats to GCC to present a compelling offers to provide more work force to replace Pakistanis in the gulf.

Arabs are simply flirting with Bengals.Pak and Arab relationship is much more complex and connected than workforce.

You never know. One should always keep the hopes alive and keep trying.

I hope India send some diplomats to GCC to present a compelling offers to provide more work force to replace Pakistanis in the gulf.

Yeah keep dreaming. First prove to Arabs that you can treat your Muslim population properly at home.

India has excellent relations with the GCC countries. I am pretty sure they will not disappoint India.

They will go up to a point to please you such as rewarding medals to a rapist killer like Modi. If the GCC countries want to break relations with Pakistan your suggestions would be a good move.

You can try to convince Modi to reach out to GCC countries. He could plead to GCC countries to expel Pakistanis and replace them with Indians.

They will go up to a point to please you such as placing medals on a rapist killer like Modi. If the GCC countries want to break relations with Pakistan your suggestions would be good move.

You can try to convince Modi to reach out to GCC countries. He could plead to GCC countries to expel Pakistanis and replace them with Indians.

On the other hand GCC countries seems to be asking Pakistan to break the relations with Turkey for good or else they would replace Pakistanis with Bangladeshis and/or Indians?

I want Indians to be first in the queue if and when Pakistan chooses to stick with Turkey forcing GCC countries to replace the Pakistanis.

On the other hand GCC countries seems to be asking Pakistan to break the relations with Turkey or good or else they would replace Pakistanis with Bangladeshis and/or Indians?

I want Indians to be first in the queue if and when Pakistan chooses to stick with Turkey forcing GCC countries to replace the Pakistanis.

GCC countries never asked Pakistan to break relations with Turkey. That is some BS that you are fabricating. GCC asked Pakistan, not to attend the moot. That too is being speculated.

You can want all you like. Whether you get your wish is a whole different debate.

I find it strange how a Muslim hating RSS follower wants his Hindu dominated countrymen to work in Salafi Muslim GCC nations? Don't you blame GCC Wahabbi ideology for terrorism in the world?

Last edited:
GCC countries never asked Pakistan to break relations with Turkey. That is some BS that you are fabricating. GCC asked Pakistan, not to attend the moot.

You can want all you want. Whether you get your wish is a whole different debate.

No one knows what is being asked of Pakistan behind the scenes and what Pakistan is committing to..

This news did not come out until Turkish President Erdogan went public.

The question is why did he go public? Obviously to put pressure on Pakistan/IK to join the Turkish side.

The question now is will Pakistan choose GCC or Turkey?

The ball is in Pakistan/IK's court.

I say Bangladesh and India have a very good opportunity here as I sense that Pakistan would end up choosing Turkey. This is the reason why Mahathir left the door open for Pakistan to come in.

No one knows what is being asked of Pakistan behind the scenes and what Pakistan is committing to..

This news did not come out until Turkish President Erdogan went public.

The question is why did he go public? Obviously to put pressure on Pakistan/IK to join the Turkish side.

The question now is will Pakistan choose GCC or Turkey?

The ball is in Pakistan/IK's court.

I say Bangladesh and India have a very good opportunity here as I sense that Pakistan would end up choosing Turkey. This is the reason why Mahathir left the door open for Pakistan to come in.

There is no ball in our court. Pakistan has already clarified its position. Whatever any leader speculates is up to them.

If you think you have a good opportunity, by all means, send your countrymen to GCC countries to replace Pakistanis LOL Until then keep dreaming.

There is no ball in our court. Pakistan has already clarified its position. Whatever any leader speculates is up to them.

If you think you have a good opportunity, by all means, send your countrymen to GCC countries to replace Pakistanis LOL Until then keep dreaming.

I just want to ensure that Indians are first in the queue. There is no harm in trying.

Why don't indians go to israel instead?

I am not sure how many opportunities Israel can provide to the Indians. If there are opportunities those should not be missed either. The more the better.

Back
Top Bottom