What's new

Saudi spy chief Bandar bin Sultan insults Qataris

You mean like Bandar Abbas ! :)

But are you telling me that your Spy Chief is called 'Prince Sea Port' ? :what:

No thats Bandar-Gah !

I think Gah means place. Like Aaramgah. Bandargah would probably mean something like port place.

I only don't understand the "khusgavar" word :D do you mean "khushgavar"?
Urdu and Persian are very similar man

Yes I meant that but I actually don't know what I wrote....can you please translate it for me ! :ashamed:

Urdu & Persian are not just similar...Urdu was born out of the amalgamation of largely Persian, some local languages, Arabic, Turkic & some other Central Asian Languages ! :)

Urdu is a created language & one that ever evolves - That is its strength !

Perhaps 60-70 years ago most of the educated people here had more than a working knowledge of Persian ! All 4 of my Grandparents knew Persian even if they lived nearly a 1000 km from Iran ! :)

Pakistan's National Poet-Philosopher wrote more in Persian than he did in Urdu & some of his best works are in the Persian Language !

I do know you you have nothing against the people, I don't have either, these debates are mainly for laugh and fun purposes :D (al-Hashimi is a special case though :D)

Tensions are high between KSA and Iran. The newly elected president of Iran pledged to seek better relations. If both countries offered some concession, Iran will benefit a lot - economically -

Do I think there will be a war between KSA vs Iran? No. We stated clearly that if any Israeli fighter jet violets our airspace we will take action.

Yeah like that name "Antar" or "Antara" which also means monkey :cheesy:

Ankara? Turkey? :/ idk.

Hey buddy :wave: I haven't seen you for a while, I hope you're doing good :wave:

See how correlated some languages are? :lol:

I have just been posting on stupid and funny. Since this doesn't feels like defence forum anymore, atleast not the Indian defence section! How about you, hows life?

And language, they are amalgams. Besides commonly used language is hardly ever pure, me personally cant speak any language purely.

I'm doing great, thanks for asking. I have been busy with work, but I keep an eye on these boards as I enjoy it a lot.

I have just been posting on stupid and funny. Since this doesn't feels like defence forum anymore, atleast not the Indian defence section! How about you, hows life?

And language, they are amalgams. Besides commonly used language is hardly ever pure, me personally cant speak any language purely.

Languages are complex, no one can speak even HIS MOTHER language appropriately, or at least syntactically correct. :agree:

ok.. guys sorry for interruption and off topic language lesson... :)
continue the fight .... I feel better when you guys fight... :chilli:

We should send the EDL to protest at your place :coffee:

Yes I meant that but I actually don't know what I wrote....can you please translate it for me ! :ashamed:

Urdu & Persian are not just similar...Urdu was born out of the amalgamation of largely Persian, some local languages, Arabic, Turkic & some other Central Asian Languages ! :)

Urdu is a created language & one that ever evolves - That is its strength !

Perhaps 60-70 years ago most of the educated people here had more than a working knowledge of Persian ! All 4 of my Grandparents knew Persian even if they lived nearly a 1000 km from Iran ! :)

Pakistan's National Poet-Philosopher wrote more in Persian than he did in Urdu & some of his best works are in the Persian Language !

I guess I know who are you talking about... Iqbal Lahori? :D cause he's famous here as well

As for you sentence, it was grammatically correct but actually didn't make much sense and I don't know what you meant either :D

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=145565" target="_blank">Yzd Khalifa</a></u> - As a native Arabic Speaker what is your opinion about Koran - a Reformist Translation ? :what:

I guess I know who are you talking about... Iqbal Lahori? :D cause he's famous here as well

Yes...Iqbal ! :)

This is one of his Poems sung by an Iranian who immigrated to Pakistan & became our own :

Last edited by a moderator:
the point is they opened it, others in the region were not asked; this shows there capability or I would say INFLUENCE

@<u><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=145565" target="_blank">Yzd Khalifa</a></u> - As a native Arabic Speaker what is your opinion about Koran - a Reformist Translation ? :what:

Yes...Iqbal ! :)

This is one of his Poems sung by an Iranian who immigrated to Pakistan & became our own :

As a native speaker of Arabic, The stylistics of Quran is a pure magical master-piece.

Regarding the inner/outer translation of Quran, I believe that there are tons of a simple text-analysis interpretation of Quran - In English, Urdu, and Arabic among 45 other languages. Just let me know if you need any help ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom