What's new

Saudi man ordered to leave Canada after choking, threatening daughter

Marriage is strictly a personal matter. Unless there is some obvious reason as alcohol/drug addiction, violence etc. I see no reason to oppose anyone. It's very inhumane to force anyone on this subject. Especially in a Western country where it is practical to live withot parents' wealth, I don't understand why that couple gave up their relationship in @Yzd Khalifa's story.

I think it was due to caste. @Yzd Khalifa probably wasn't able to pick up undercurrent of castism.

@Yzd Khalifa Castism has little to do with religion and is a very strong Institution,in whole of subcontinent.One need not be a conservative to adhere to it. Liberal use of fairness creams in whole of subcontinent is a proof of that.

I think it was due to caste. @Yzd Khalifa probably wasn't able to pick up undercurrent of castism.

@Yzd Khalifa Castism has little to do with religion and is a very strong Institution,in whole of subcontinent.One need not be a conservative to adhere to it. Liberal use of fairness creams in whole of subcontinent is a proof of that.
Well, being fair has nothing to do with caste in Sri Lanka. In fact cast system doesn't exist at all anymore. Generally yellow is considered attractive since it's a glowing colour, nothing to do with caste.

Well, being fair has nothing to do with caste in Sri Lanka. In fact cast system doesn't exist at all anymore. Generally yellow is considered attractive since it's a glowing colour, nothing to do with caste.

At least in North India, Complexion has a statistically determinate corelation with caste and in India also, glowing complexion ( light tanned or yellow ) is considered as attractive(jacqline fernandese is considered extremely attractive in India too).The striving in subcontinent ( specifically India and Pakistan ) is due to the fact most of the gentry, whether they were Brahmins/Ksatriyas or Central Asian Muslims had a comparatively lighter complexion which others try to emulate .This has changed to a large extent in past decades and ideal of physical beauty are becoming more wholesome.

And regarding non existence of caste system in Sri lanka; Even if you ask from any Indian, they would say that caste system does not exist ( i was being honest here ) and it certainly does not exist in cities at least in overt form.But i am not talking about manifested behaviours but deep seated attitudes which are tested in extreme conditions like matrimony and they are equally prevalent in Sri lanka as in India.

Lanka Link :: Marriage Proposals :: Brides

Last edited:
At least in North India, Complexion has a statistically determinate corelation with caste and in India also, glowing complexion ( light tanned or yellow ) is considered as attractive(jacqline fernandese is considered extremely attractive in India too).The striving in subcontinent ( specifically India and Pakistan ) is due to the fact most of the gentry, whether they were Brahmins/Ksatriyas or Central Asian Muslims had a comparatively lighter complexion which others try to emulate .This has changed to a large extent in past decades and ideal of physical beauty are becoming more wholesome.

And regarding non existence of caste system in Sri lanka; Even if you ask from any Indian, they would say that caste system does not exist ( i was being honest here ) and it certainly does not exist in cities at least in overt form.But i am not talking about manifested behaviours but deep seated attitudes which are tested in extreme conditions like matrimony and they are equally prevalent in Sri lanka as in India.

Lanka Link :: Marriage Proposals :: Brides
It's just a tradition to use cast name in marriage proposals. Many people don't even know the meaning of those casts and if you noticed almost all of those proposals have the same cast name.

Last edited:
It's just a teadition to use cast name in marriage proposals. Many people don't even know the meaning of those casts and if you noticed almost all of those proposals have the same cast name.

I posted that link as an example. In most of the Sri Lankan matrimonial ads, caste was a qualifying criterion.

Anyway,

Print ads provide most authentic information about overall social scenario as Internet allow for existence of niches.

Very good decision by the court. :tup:
these medieval age nutjobs need to be kicked out. :tup:

Hindus and Asians STFU, not your culture. Gods ordained on us a beaitful way of marriage. STFU your mouthes.

Go rape your own woman in front of national tv you sick scum before criticizing the way of life ordained by God.

@Yzd Khalifa

STFU you moron, you don't anything about Islam let alone follow it. Don't act as a spokesman for us, we don't allow pre marital relations period. Only enemies of Allah and his apostle make lies against them.

Hindus and Asians STFU, not your culture. Gods ordained on us a beaitful way of marriage. STFU your mouthes.

Go rape your own woman in front of national tv you sick scum before criticizing the way of life ordained by God.

Take it easy Hazzy!
Yup, probably in the medieval age, not in the 21st century ;)

Take it easy Hazzy!
Yup, probably in the medieval age, not in the 21st century ;)

No, it's no different in the future, our guidelines aren't altered. That doesn't mean God won't forgive such people, it just means we can't make lies against him. All you clueless atheists here shouldn't say a word about our religion. Everybody is becoming a God hater these days. Of course when natural disastr hits them they become the mujahideen of God in less than 5 minutes.

Why?

Have you ever thought why it happens?

Only because lifestyle changed, popular culture has made you people insane. It's not related to what's true or not, we could have Islamic democracies that have Islam as the basis but with democratic values(Not liberties). It's only because overseas our societies are facing lots of problems because nothing is right anymore, didn't you learn bro that our Prophet(SAW) told us one day we would be literally useless people but many in numbers? You need to read about these things if you have questions.

If one of us reply in the same manner then our username would be pink. :lol:

Not true, I did nothing wrong, just pointing out double standard and typical non Muslim first reaction to anything about Islamic culture. People are biased against Islam. Unfortutnely, many Muslims get scared and give in to that. They don't have string character. You told me don't worry about Sri Lankan culture and I tell you don't have a double standard.

Only because lifestyle changed, popular media has made you people insane.
Nope, because people are getting educated and read those ancient books, and find their problems and throw them away.
It's not related to what's true or not, we could have Islamic democracies that have Islam as the basis but with democratic values(Not liberties).
Everyone who knows Islam, knows that islamic democracy is an oxymoron term.

Back
Top Bottom