What's new

Saudi football team fail to line up for minute's silence in honour of London terror attack victims

Saudi Arabia football team fail to line up for minute's silence in honour of London terror attack victims '

View attachment 402521

The Saudi Arabian football team were booed by Australian supporters after they failed to properly line up for a minute's silence in honour of the victims of the London Bridge terror attacks.

Saudi Arabia were preparing to play Australia in a World Cup qualifier at the Adelaide Oval when the stadium announcer called for a minute's silence to begin.
The Australia team linked arms in a line on the centre circle while the Saudi Arabia team stood in random formation as the silence began.

According to Adam Peacock, who works as a presenter for Fox Sports in Australia, the Asian Football Confederation approved the minute’s silence against the wishes of Saudi Arabia.

The Football Federation of Australia were then unable to persuade Saudi Arabian officials to agree to participate in the tribute.

A number of Saudi Arabian players stood still with their arms behind their back while others appeared to continue their warm up.

Reports suggest that the visitors' substitutes bench also failed to stand to observe the tribute.

The incident sparked outrage on social media with one user tweeting: "I hope Fifa call out Saudi Arabia on the clear lack of respect shown prior to kick-off. Not participating in the minute's silence is disgusting."

Eight people were killed when three men attacked pedestrians with knives on London Bridge and in roads around Borough Market.

The Socceroos beat Saudi Arabia 3-2 to keep touch with Japan at the top of their World Cup qualifying group.

Persian BS Thread, When did persians will learn to post important and valubale stuff.

Both terrorist attacks were carried our by ISIS, which ideology ISIS have and where it originated from?
Numbers doesn't matter , be in England or Afghanistan ... Muslim or other faiths respecting victims of a terrorist attack is a virtue ..

Indeed all loss of life is a tragedy..My point was. Why when a 150 people die in a single Blast it doesn't even make news. 7 people die and they hold vigil in Australia.

When you are a guest you should respect your hosts especially when we are talking about a minute of silence whatever the reason for it is...

Funny you said this;

Melania Trump arrives in Saudi Arabia without headscarf

We are only Talking about headscarf here or you are saying do as we say not as we do!!!

Funny you said this;

Melania Trump arrives in Saudi Arabia without headscarf

We are only Talking about headscarf here or you are saying do as we say not as we do!!!

Just so you know she covered her head at the vatican visit.

When asked why she did that - she replied "because the vatican requested it"

ie indirectly saying the Saudi's didnt ask the Americans to cover.

Just so you know she covered her head at the vatican visit.

When asked why she did that - she replied "because the vatican requested it"

ie indirectly saying the Saudi's didnt ask the Americans to cover.

She is the wife of American president and have access to advisers that could have told her the local culture

Indeed all loss of life is a tragedy..My point was. Why when a 150 people die in a single Blast it doesn't even make news. 7 people die and they hold vigil in Australia.

First of, where I live it made the news on the front pages and everyone was horrified and saddened, the reason why it had less inpact on western countries is for these simple reasons:
- Afghanistan is a country far away
- western countries don't share much culture with them.
Wouldn't Pakistani people be more horrified when a terror attack happens in their country than when it happans in a western country far away?

Second of, Australians lost AUSTRALIAN people and you don't expect them to hold virgil in their own way?
Why was it so difficult for the Saudis to show some respect to a country they were visiting when asked? When they ask for a woman to cover her head, she silently does just that.

It's just a reflection upon the upbringing in wahabi cult. No matter who is at the receiving end, Victims/deceased deserve a tribute in whatever mode we can pay.

Next time they behave insensitive & indifferently,host needs to send them back to where they have come from,womb of wahabism.

Propaganda thread.

The KSA players were not informed of such a minute of silence beforehand and the Saudi Arabian FA already apologized. Clearly a misunderstanding so stop crying over spilt milk or alluding to nonsense theories of this happening every single time or even before, lol. KSA has been involved in countless of minutes of silence all over the world (nowadays almost not a single game is played before 1 minute of silence) without any trouble.

Nevertheless "1 minute of silence" is not part of our culture or religion and how we remember dead ones.

Nevertheless there is hypocrisy involved with those 1 minute of silence. Some of which users have already eluded to here.

Saudis stood silent for a minute for late King Abdoallh , don't you think a few civilians killed in a terrorist attack deserve the same tribute?
View attachment 402526

Lying and twisting the truth like a typical farsi.

That's a photo from the Al-Ahli-Barcelona game in Doha from November 2016 and that was a tribute to that Brazilian team that crashed in Colombia. It has nothing to do with King Abdullah who died in January 2014. Stop lying, farsi troll.

Anyway the Australians are crying because they are behind KSA in the table. KSA should have won that match based on play and chances created.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_AFC_Third_Round#Group_B

It's just a reflection upon the upbringing in wahabi cult. No matter who is at the receiving end, Victims/deceased deserve a tribute in whatever mode we can pay.

Next time they behave insensitive & indifferently,host needs to send them back to where they have come from,womb of wahabism.

Quit polluting this thread with complete and utter nonsense and stop acting like a wild jungle monkey.

Propaganda thread.

The KSA players were not informed of such a minute of silence beforehand and the Saudi Arabian FA already apologized. Clearly a misunderstanding so stop crying over spilt milk or alluding to nonsense theories of this happening every single time or even before, lol. KSA has been involved in countless of minutes of silence all over the world (nowadays almost not a single game is played before 1 minute of silence) without any trouble.

Nevertheless "1 minute of silence" is not part of our culture or religion and how we remember dead ones.

Nevertheless there is hypocrisy involved with those 1 minute of silence. Some of which users have already eluded to here.

Lying and twisting the truth like a typical farsi.

That's a photo from the Al-Ahli-Barcelona game in Doha from November 2016 and that was a tribute to that Brazilian team that crashed in Colombia. It has nothing to do with King Abdullah who died in January 2014. Stop lying, farsi troll.

Anyway the Australians are crying because they are behind KSA in the table. KSA should have won that match based on play and chances created.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_AFC_Third_Round#Group_B

Quit polluting this thread with complete and utter nonsense and stop acting like a jungle monkey.

Quarantine your infuriation within the boundaries of Ummah, rest world has moved on from medieval times. Concretisation can not bring about a cultural change to cop up the with modern humane values. Urban inhumanly human.

what's the big deal? and was the silence mandatory or proprly lining up?

Quarantine your infuriation within the boundaries of Ummah, rest world has moved on from medieval times. Concretisation can not bring about a cultural change to cop up the with modern humane values. Urban inhumanly human.
lolzzz very true because Indian hindus still live in the medieval times.

One of them was Australian, and they belong to the Commonwealth.
People tend to care about things which they can relate to.

On a personal level:
I have been aboard the Estonia which later sunk killing 921 passengers and crew.
That makes me care much more about that accident,
than the Scandinavian Star which was devastated by fire, killing 159.

I have been on top of World Trade Center.
I walked on the Promenade de Anglais, in Nice, the Westminster bridge, and London bridges in London.
Been flying from time to time to Brussels Airport.
I was at the location of the Stockholm terrorist attack the day before.
I have a lot of European and American friends.

================
I care less about things where I do not have a relation. Live with it.

That includes the 150 Afghanis killed in Kabul.

On a rational level , I support the activity of the Swedish Afghan committee, which employs 5000+ Afghanis working to improve the life of the Afghanis
through education, medical care , agrarian development and
rehabiliation of people wounded in the war.

They need help, and we should do what we can.

What positive influence on Afghanistan does Pakistan bring
that gives you any high ground?

One of them was Australian, and they belong to the Commonwealth.
People tend to care about things which they can relate to.

On a personal level:
I have been aboard the Estonia which later sunk killing 921 passengers and crew.
That makes me care much more about that accident,
than the Scandinavian Star which was devastated by fire, killing 159.

I have been on top of World Trade Center.
I walked on the Promenade de Anglais, in Nice, the Westminster bridge, and London bridges in London.
Been flying from time to time to Brussels Airport.
I was at the location of the Stockholm terrorist attack the day before.
I have a lot of European and American friends.

================

On a rational level , I support the activity of the Swedish Afghan committee, which employs 5000+ Afghanis working to improve the life of the Afghanis
through education, medical care , agrarian development and
rehabiliation of people wounded in the war.

They need help, and we should do what we can.

What positive influence on Afghanistan does Pakistan bring
that gives you any high ground?

Let me put in a language you will understAnd

You are not white. When whites die they all complain.
A brown man or a black man dies no one cares. Tragedies in Africa and Asia happen daily and the media doesn't even mention it.

Your attitude is not good. For if something tragic happened to you or your family God forbid, as a fellow human I should care. But then again you are not white and the media is not free so I might not

Back
Top Bottom