What's new

Saudi crown prince to visit Pakistan by end year

I never voted for Zardari, i was not even in Pakistan when he became president.

Khan Sahib, none of us did ! Who votes for the President in a Parliamentary Democracy ? :woot:

But you have to agree...hate him or love him (can't think of any !) he is more entertaining than Russel Peters.

Saudis need Pak nuke technology. But Pak has already promise to provide Nuke umbrella in any invasion. But Saudis are getting weaker day by day due to political uprising in the region. They might ask Pak army to play more dirty role in middle East. Let see how COAS deal the situation.

Saudis need Pak nuke technology. But Pak has already promise to provide Nuke umbrella in any invasion. But Saudis are getting weaker day by day due to political uprising in the region. They might ask Pak army to play more dirty role in middle East. Let see how COAS deal the situation.

That is not going to happen.
The Saudis are more than capable to running their own country and maintaining peace and security.
Come and see for your self.

Pakistan and Saudi Arabia should explore joint

EDUCATION
PRODUCTION & INDUSTRY
AGRICULTURE opportunities.

Pakistan can fulfill a large percentage of Saudi agricultural imports, whereas Saudi Arabia can provide a industrial manufacturing base with cheaper power and larger access to international markets.

Saudi Arabia makes jobs and business, Pakistan gets access to markets never possible before.
Every one WINS !

Saudi Arabia gets secure base for agriculture, Pakistan gets to keep the farmers busy.
Everyone Wins !

It pains me, that not a lot of people have written on these aspects, all we write about is stupid childish stuff.

Sigh !

BTW: I am running for next Pak Ambassador @ Saudi; I can do a better job than the present lot.

Gee, thanks, right when we all settle down someone comes along and ignites the fire once again.

Don't make such claims without any evidence to back it up, and secondly lets not reach a conclusion as to why exactly the Saudi official is visiting Pakistan before any official confirmation.

Khan Sahib, none of us did ! Who votes for the President in a Parliamentary Democracy ? :woot:

But you have to agree...hate him or love him (can't think of any !) he is more entertaining than Russel Peters.

Hey, i don't know how "democracy" in Pakistan works if you can even call it a "democracy".

Gee, thanks, right when we all settle down someone comes along and ignites the fire once again.

Don't make such claims without any evidence to back it up, and secondly lets not reach a conclusion as to why exactly the Saudi official is visiting Pakistan before any official confirmation.
Read about Bahrain case. If Bahrain falls, Sadui royal monarchy will fall. Read yesterday news about direct attack on Saudi intelligence office, extreme use of force to oppress Yemani tribes , massive arrest and oppression in Katif. Sorry to say you Pakistani need to read alot and be neutral. Islamic Ummah sucks, Pakistan is not responsible for any islamic countries, those who call no arabs " miskeen".

Read about Bahrain case. If Bahrain falls, Sadui royal monarchy will fall. Read yesterday news about direct attack on Saudi intelligence office, extreme use of force to oppress Yemani tribes , massive arrest and oppression in Katif. Sorry to say you Pakistani need to read alot and be neutral. Islamic Ummah sucks, Pakistan is not responsible for any islamic countries, those who call no arabs " miskeen".

That news about attack on Saudi intelligence turned out to be false, regarding the rest of your post; i have already discussed that enough and am tired of repeating myself but will just say i partially agree with you as well as disagree with you.

That is not going to happen.
The Saudis are more than capable to running their own country and maintaining peace and security.
Come and see for your self.

Pakistan and Saudi Arabia should explore joint

EDUCATION
PRODUCTION & INDUSTRY
AGRICULTURE opportunities.

Pakistan can fulfill a large percentage of Saudi agricultural imports, whereas Saudi Arabia can provide a industrial manufacturing base with cheaper power and larger access to international markets.

Saudi Arabia makes jobs and business, Pakistan gets access to markets never possible before.
Every one WINS !

Saudi Arabia gets secure base for agriculture, Pakistan gets to keep the farmers busy.
Everyone Wins !

It pains me, that not a lot of people have written on these aspects, all we write about is stupid childish stuff.

Sigh !

BTW: I am running for next Pak Ambassador @ Saudi; I can do a better job than the present lot.

But then what about the unemployed Saudis, don't they need jobs?

Islamic Ummah don't suck, their leaders "royal family most corrupt people in the whole world" Sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

Not all of us over here care too much about the "Muslim Ummah". I had made my views on the "Muslim Ummah" clear during my early days on this forum & I don't want to get in to the same discussion again. For the sake of clarification, I don't mean that I don't care about other Muslims at all. It's just that I am not obsessed with the idea of Muslim unity though I have no issue with Muslim countries helping each other out & stuff. Don't worry though, most of the people in the Arab world don't care about this "Muslim Ummah" thing either, the idea of Arab unity is a hell of a lot more popular here. This thread is intended to discussion Pakistan & Saudi Arabia's relations, nothing else. While religion did play an important or should I say a crucial part in the formation of relations between the 2 nations, it should be clear that religion isn't the only factor influencing friendship between 2 nations. Pakistan & China's friendship is a testament to that.

Getting back to the topic, here are 2 more documents for all those interested; discussing the relations between Pakistan & Saudi Arabia.

Pak-Saudi Relations

Pakistan - Saudi Arabia Bilateral Economic & Commercial Relations

I have only skimped through both the documents so far, & I might attempt to read them thoroughly later on.

LOL dude. Is the following criteria of being a Pakistani?

1. Indian hater.
2. ISI lover.
3. Dr. Qadir lover
4. Army lover.
5. All of the above.

and so whats you criteria of being true pakistani

1) hating pakistan
2) loving west
3) loving to mumble about secularism
4) hating abdul qadeer khan because west told that
5) india lover because again west told to love india against all odds
6) hating the army because again west told that
7) all of the above

coming to the topic, there is no sincere friend of pakistan except few like turkey and china, other so called friends are just selfish friend, their own interests are more important in this friend ship, as some guy pointed out the saudi prince is visiting to negotiate on counter IP pipeline project, probably americans are sending these saudis

the previous saudi arab kings were little honest i agree they helped pakistan, esp funded nuke program, but that was long time ago, the current saudi leadership is very hypocrite and they are cozy with anyone even with our enemy india

so need to be careful

LOL dude. Is the following criteria of being a Pakistani?

1. Indian hater.
2. ISI lover.
3. Dr. Qadir lover
4. Army lover.
5. All of the above.

I'm a Pakistani no matter what. And who gave you the right to question if I'm a Pakistani or not? Please disengage from such silly questions before it gets dirty.

Yara, who imparted that particular wisdom. The English and French don't much like each other :D

Man, I would even appreciate their blanket political support on all matters Pakistan. That's all we need.

.... to be kept safely?

For evening prayers?

Point taken & the last sentence was epic :D

Apology to Arab members:

All arab members on this board, please accept my unconditional apology, if I ever hurt your sentiments unintentionally. Please try to understand, we're a nation full of varying mindsets, beliefs and religious orientations. We regularly debate, argue, fight freely amongst friends and sometimes even amongst our families for differing viewpoints. This is how we are built, free souls. However, that never means that we hate anyone for it. Please speak your mind, that is the only way we will get rid of our misunderstandings, and if on the way, the debates get heated, don't take it personally. You're all our brothers and sisters in the end. One things is for sure, we will always fight, but having the fortitude to look beyond our shortcomings and overcoming them, will definitely make us closer.

@Hype

It doesn't stop them from cooperating with one another to better themselves. We can't even get along instead we argue about every little thing. :frown:

and so whats you criteria of being true pakistani

1) hating pakistan
2) loving west
3) loving to mumble about secularism
4) hating abdul qadeer khan because west told that
5) india lover because again west told to love india against all odds
6) hating the army because again west told that
7) all of the above

coming to the topic, there is no sincere friend of pakistan except few like turkey and china, other so called friends are just selfish friend, their own interests are more important in this friend ship, as some guy pointed out the saudi prince is visiting to negotiate on counter IP pipeline project, probably americans are sending these saudis

the previous saudi arab kings were little honest i agree they helped pakistan, esp funded nuke program, but that was long time ago, the current saudi leadership is very hypocrite and they are cozy with anyone even with our enemy india

so need to be careful

Mad respect for Shah Faisal the only Saudi King who deserves it.

Not all of us over here care too much about the "Muslim Ummah". I had made my views on the "Muslim Ummah" clear during my early days on this forum & I don't want to get in to the same discussion again. For the sake of clarification, I don't mean that I don't care about other Muslims at all. It's just that I am not obsessed with the idea of Muslim unity though I have no issue with Muslim countries helping each other out & stuff. Don't worry though, most of the people in the Arab world don't care about this "Muslim Ummah" thing either, the idea of Arab unity is a hell of a lot more popular here. This thread is intended to discussion Pakistan & Saudi Arabia's relations, nothing else. While religion did play an important or should I say a crucial part in the formation of relations between the 2 nations, it should be clear that religion isn't the only factor influencing friendship between 2 nations. Pakistan & China's friendship is a testament to that.

Getting back to the topic, here are 2 more documents for all those interested; discussing the relations between Pakistan & Saudi Arabia.

Pak-Saudi Relations

Pakistan - Saudi Arabia Bilateral Economic & Commercial Relations

I have only skimped through both the documents so far, & I might attempt to read them thoroughly later on.

Regardless of personal beliefs our Islamic doctrine calls for this and the lack of as you put it "Muslim Unity" is the reason most Muslim countries are the laughing stock of the world today.

so need to be careful

I agree.

Unfortunately Pakistan has always been caught between the religious and economic wars between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

The President thanked the Saudi King for announcing a grant of US$100 million for the people of Pakistan

First, thanks to the King.

Secondly, let's hope the Saudis gave the money directly to reputable charities (Edhi Foundation, hospitals, etc.). Otherwise, we would be lucky to see even $10 million of this money trickle down to the general population.

First, thanks to the King.

Secondly, let's hope the Saudis gave the money directly to reputable charities (Edhi Foundation, hospitals, etc.). Otherwise, we would be lucky to see even $10 million of this money trickle down to the general population.

This money will use to pay saudi govt oil dues to buy more oil on credit,purpose to avoid loadshedding. Pakistan already way behind in oil payment to Saudi govt. It is sad we abuse thos who are kind with us and later they got tired and change their policy. Or other option ths money will usee to pay IMF debt.
KARACHI Cash-strapped Pakistan is seeking help from Saudi Arabia including deferred oil payments, but even if it gets that it will still need International Monetary Fund (IMF) help to fill a financing gap.

The nuclear-armed US ally is facing a balance-of-payment crisis, with foreign reserves enough to cover less than six weeks of imports, that analysts say has left it little option but to accept IMF help.

But the government has yet to make a formal request to the IMF and is holding out in the hope that allies and other multilateral lenders come to the rescue and stave off a painful IMF programme.

Big payments for oil and wheat have been major factors behind Pakistans widening trade deficit.

On Thursday, a Farm Ministry official said the United States was expected to supply Pakistan with white wheat worth $200 million on deferred payments.

President Asif Ali Zardari and the governments top economic official, Shaukat Tarin, travelled to Saudi Arabia this week. Tarin said on Wednesday Saudi Arabia had assured Pakistan of help, although he gave no detail of specific assistance.

Pakistan imports about 82 per cent of its crude oil from Saudi Arabia but analysts said even if it were granted deferred payments, that would not be enough.

`Even if Saudi Arabia does give us the oil facility, we should still go into an IMF programme for policy discipline,` said Asif Qureshi, head of research at Invisor Securities. `The financing gap is much larger and so we will require additional funding,` he said.

The IMF estimates the financing gap of Pakistans balance of payments at up to $4.5 billion, compared with a government estimate of $3 billion for the fiscal year ending next June.

Tarin has said Pakistan needs $10 billion to $15 billion to avoid a balance of payment crisis and make adjustments over the next two years.

IMF AGREEMENT FIRST

Saudi Arabia has deferred Pakistani oil payments before but diplomats say donors, including Saudi Arabia, want to see the government reach an agreement with the IMF before offering their own support.

Another analyst said bilateral help, such as a Saudi oil facility, was expected to be part of an IMF programme that Pakistan would have to agree to first.

`Pakistan will have to sign the IMF programme and in that deal, it seems an oil facility will be part of it as well,` said Muzzamil Aslam, an economist at KASB Securities Ltd.

Analysts say deferred payments on a third of oil from Saudi Arabia, as requested, would provide relief of up to $1.8 billion a year on its balance of payments, at current oil prices.

Pakistans total oil import bill was $1.47 billion in September, compared with $520 million in the same period last year, according to central bank data.

The Nation newspaper, citing unidentified sources, reported on Thursday that Saudi Arabia had agreed to give Pakistan $4 billion and to supply oil for one year on deferred payments.

The newspaper said the Saudi assistance would be announced at a meeting of Pakistans allies and potential donors in Abu Dhabi on Nov. 17. The so-called Friends of Pakistan meeting will include Saudi Arabia, China and the United States.

Tagged:

Back
Top Bottom