Saudi Arabia's top cleric says Iranians are 'not Muslims'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ای ایران

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Saudi Arabia's top cleric says Iranians are 'not Muslims'

Saudi Arabia's top cleric has said Iranians are "not Muslims", a day after Iran's supreme leader denounced its management of the Hajj pilgrimage.

Abdul Aziz Al Sheikh, the grand mufti, said Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's accusations were "not surprising".

"They are the sons of the Magi," he said, referring to Zoroastrianism, a religion that once dominated Iran.

Deep suspicions exist between predominantly Sunni Muslim Saudi Arabia and its mainly Shia Muslim neighbour.

On Monday, Ayatollah Khamenei accused Saudis of "murdering" pilgrims caught up in a stampede at last year's Hajj.

"The heartless and murderous Saudis locked up the injured with the dead in containers - instead of providing medical treatment and helping them or at least quenching their thirst," he said, without providing evidence. "They murdered them."

The ayatollah made the allegation on the anniversary of the stampede, which killed at least 2,426 people, including 464 Iranians, according to an unofficial count.

The Saudi authorities, who say 769 died, have made few details of their investigation into the stampede public but previously rejected criticism.

Sheikh Al Sheikh was dismissive when asked by the Mecca newspaper about Ayatollah Khamenei's comments.

"We must understand these are not Muslims," he was quoted as saying. "They are the son of the Magi and their hostility towards Muslims is an old one, especially with the People of the Tradition [Sunnis]."

Animosity between Sunnis - who make up an estimated 85-90% of Saudi Arabia's population - and Shia - about 90-95% of Iran's population - goes back to a 7th Century schism.

Hardline Sunnis - including many adherents of Wahhabism, the austere form of Islam practised by the Saudi ruling family and religious establishment - often describe Shia as "rejectionists" who have strayed from the true faith.

The war of words between the clerics also comes nine months after Saudi Arabia severed diplomatic ties with Iran in response to attacks on Saudi diplomatic compounds in Iran by people angered by the kingdom's execution of a prominent Shia cleric convicted of terrorism offences.

Well according to the arabs we are the sons of hindus and buddhist and these arabs are the sons of pagans.

A thread already running.......

Well according to the arabs we are the sons of hindus and buddhist and these arabs are the sons of pagans.
No! This is a wahabi ideology. All arabs are not like this. Wahabis consider all other Muslims as mushriks and biddatis.

A thread already running.......
No! This is a wahabi ideology. All arabs are not like this. Wahabis consider all other Muslims as mushriks and biddatis.

Two stupid silly naive liars, I dare you both to back your silly claims.

On TOPIC : Top Cleric said Iranian LEADERS are not muslims, and yes this is absolutely TRUE.

Why do you say according to Arabs? You are descended from Hindus and Buddhists.That is a fact.

As for us, we are proud of our Zoroastrian heritage and dont hide it. That is why our New Year, in fact our entire calendar and much of our culture is still connected to the ancient past. Bigoted Saudis think calling us Magi is an insult but it is not. They are stupid and lack any history and culture. They betray and abuse even their own fellow Arabs let alone other Moslem peoples, lol. What is a Saudi?

They are the sons of Magi, Al Majoos
Who are you? What are you the son of?

A Wahhabi said something sectarian. What else is new?
This is a lot more than a sectarian statement. He has basically tried to excommunicate Iranians (or at least Iranian leadership and clerics) from Islam. He cant of course, but this is a very powerful and blunt statement he made which will incite many people to start thinking the same way about Iranians.

This is a lot more than a sectarian statement. He has basically tried to excommunicate Iranians (or at least Iranian leadership and clerics) from Islam. He cant of course, but this is a very powerful and blunt statement he made which will incite many people to start thinking the same way about Iranians.

Why don't you guys settle your issues with SA.....??? Why centuries old hate is still dominating??? Why do you guyz, SA and IRAN not let Muslims live peacefully???? :angry:

Why don't you guys settle your issues with SA.....??? Why centuries old hate is still dominating??? Why do you guyz, SA and IRAN not let Muslims live peacefully???? :angry:

You think Iran and KSA have issues because we don't want to live peacefully?

Just today, the highest religious authority in Saudi said Iranians are not Muslims. This is racism, clear as day. What do you expect Iran to do? Sit there and take this shit? No, they cannot pull this shit on us. Shia will not be the target of their oppression any longer.

I think there is a bit of racism in Saudia / Arab countries against Iran, not sure what the source of hate is but they really hate Iranians to core.

Similarly Iranians also return the same favor

I never quite understood the core difference , or source of hate

Its always Arab vs Ajami battle

I think few times I was singled out due to confusion that I was a persian/ had persian sounding name

Of course I am 100% sunni but still I did not liked the racist attitude towards Iranains

Then again I meet some arabs who are quite friendly with iran and support iranian football team

The tension is very high between Saudia-Iranains

Alot of the tension is "more intense with older generation" the younger generation is more open minded by they are fed up certain views on tv which just fuels the anger and hate constantly

Certain areas of hate got more intensified in recent times due to Saudi government moving various old places for Prophet's colleagues i.e homes or residences and places in favor of expansion of mosques , or changing the burial places i.e changing tombs to normal ground burial etc

I tried to trace things back and seems Arabs - Persians have a rough history with wars and sense of entitlement that most Pakistanis can't fully understand

Any debate to discuss the source of hate eventually leads to extensive name calling and blow up

Not sure how much of this present age hate/ dislike is due to different global policies about global issues or something coming from past history

Last edited:
Why do you say according to Arabs? You are descended from Hindus and Buddhists.That is a fact.

As for us, we are proud of our Zoroastrian heritage and dont hide it. That is why our New Year, in fact our entire calendar and much of our culture is still connected to the ancient past. Bigoted Saudis think calling us Magi is an insult but it is not. They are stupid and lack any history and culture. They betray and abuse even their own fellow Arabs let alone other Moslem peoples, lol. What is a Saudi?

Who are you? What are you the son of?
I did not deny it it was sarcasm i am proud of my hindu ancestors they left idol worshiping and converted to islam.

Shameful statement driven by the political friction between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Sad days are sad.

I think in end it is responsibility of people to sit down and discuss differences and resolve issues by dialog and appreciating the similarities

I appreciate the role Saudia plays to help people during Hajj season , and all nice services but at same time I think Iran also has right to send people to Hajj and be part of Islamic faith

Political issues should be discussed on table

That is why it is important to have Leaders who believe in reconciliation and discussion on table and less of the strong words coming from mouths

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom