What's new

Saudi Arabia's concern for 'Pakistanis' in Bangladesh

Without delay you stooped to sleaziness and racism.

If you don't recognise real injustice in this world like modern day slavery, then don't pretend to be good samaritan in Bangladeshi affairs.

And the point stands, you can happily take all 300,000, in fact that you were supposed to take them 45 years ago. You were wrong to abandon them then and you are wrong giving empty words now.

Ps. Those 'bangalis' in Pakistan mostly have NIC docs, they have been residents for decades if not born there. They are as Pakistani as you now, so you aren't doing us any favours.
No sir they dont have any such document. You are talking about 300,000 Behari-Pakistanis? There are many such slums of illegal Bangalis throughout out Pakistan. We have beared too much done by Haseena, if we just kicked those Bangalis out , will be sufficient answer for Haseena. The reason why we dont do it, is, that we dont hate Bangalis as much as Bangalis hate us. And we know it.

No sir they dont have any such document. You are talking about 300,000 Behari-Pakistanis? There are many such slums of illegal Bangalis throughout out Pakistan. We have beared too much done by Haseena, if we just kicked those Bangalis out , will be sufficient answer for Haseena. The reason why we dont do it, is, that we dont hate Bangalis as much as Bangalis hate us. And we know it.

Well if they have landed in Pakistan after 1971, it means they've made their choice which Pakistan, East or West, they belong to. After all they were citizens of both before that.

Bangalis don't hate Pakistanis, but no one appreciates outsiders making biased, selective criticism of their country.

Bonded slaves? What are you talking about? First care for your 4 millions Bengali women serving all over the world as prostitutes, and by will, or sold by their own parents. Bengalis do those job which no body wants to do. Pakistan is the only place on the face of this planet earth where Bengalis are treated like humans. And we dont kill them at border (at sea or those coming from Indian border).

Yeah I know Bangladesh is on Mars nowadays and every department is operating in 5th Generation standard.
Your statement made absolutely no sense at all.

This is a topic quite close to me, as my maternal grandfather and his family were all Bihari Muhajirs, whilst the rest of my family are all native Bengalis. Yes, Biharis enjoyed many privileges during the East Pakistan era, and I understand that this caused much resentment from the Bengalis who faced cultural and ethnic discrimination at the time. However, of course 1971 brought attempts at genocide, and then counter genocide to both groups, the climax of the tension between the two groups. Members of my own family were forced to evacuate the country, whilst other parts of my family joined the Mukhti Bahini, an odd parallel. However, I am not one to believe in dwelling in the past and past events, and I'm glad that the Bangladeshi government chose to allow all descendants of Biharis born after 1971 claim citizenship, however that is not enough in my opinion. Yes Biharis took part on the Pakistani side of the 1971 war, however all those, regardless of past affiliation, who have spent their lifetimes in Bangladesh and identify and Bangladeshi should be allowed to do so.

I also believe, Bihari culture within Bangladesh should be allowed to exist without the same cultural persecution Bengali culture faced in the East Pakistan era, not wanting Bangladesh to be hypocritical to the ideals it was founded upon. Whilst of course, it has become ever smaller, it therefore represents even less of a threat to Bengali Ethnic hegemony. Biharis can be proud Bangladeshis too if they feel accepted and welcomed by their almost century long homeland.

Back
Top Bottom