x1000_368d98a811.jpg.pagespeed.ic.mG-ax1Xxjd.jpg

x1000_62552d5b68.jpg.pagespeed.ic.N8CnDB3b48.jpg

x1000_0c0d0284d0.jpg.pagespeed.ic.hWFsxK2sBI.jpg

x1000_41db411143.jpg.pagespeed.ic.N6SGxiHGVo.jpg

x1000_de21f287d2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Dn1MrJKPuB.jpg

x1000_5bfb148caf.jpg.pagespeed.ic.o7dmKxtWPM.jpg

x1000_6534da6ff0.jpg.pagespeed.ic.pEwyT9qRca.jpg

DnpCzSNX4AUkl8g.jpg

How so when there was no Pakistan back then? 90 years after that changed.

If 1857 is a "War of Independence" (British invasion and annexation of South Asia) of Pakistan, when it did not exist, that label "War of Independence" is quite arbitrary.

Anyway in KSA's case there was no war of independence as modern-day KSA was never a Western colony and never ruled/conquered by any foreign entity either as one of the few places on the planet. In fact Japan was conquered by the US. Mongolia by China and USSR. Afghanistan by the US as well. So can't think of any other entity than KSA. Just a little curiosity that local history buffs take great pride in.

How so when there was no Pakistan back then? 90 years after that changed.

If 1857 is a "War of Independence" (British invasion and annexation of South Asia) of Pakistan, when it did not exist, that label "War of Independence" is quite arbitrary.

Anyway in KSA's case there was no war for independence as modern-day KSA was never a Western colony and never ruled/conquered by any foreign entity either as one of the few places on the planet. In fact Japan was conquered by the US. Mongolia by China and USSR. Afghanistan by the US as well. So can't think of any other entity than KSA. Just a little curiosity that local history buffs take great pride in.

Who were arabs United behind before the modern Saudi state?

The war in 1857 was about Muslim rule in the Sub continent.

I have No trouble with all of this. As i said the only flag apart from Pakistani flag in my House is the Saudi flag.

But you are up against a propaganda Machine the size of Cyrus. I admire your resolve

Who were arabs United behind before the modern Saudi state?

The war in 1857 was about Muslim rule in the Sub continent.

I have No trouble with all of this. As i said the only flag apart from Pakistani flag in my House is the Saudi flag.

But you are up against a propaganda Machine the size of Cyrus. I admire your resolve

Arabs (being the second largest ethnic group in the world after the Han Chinese) and mainly inhabit 2 continents ("core lands") and a diaspora numbering between 40-50 million people on all continents from Indonesia to Latin America, where not one united single entity belonging to the same political entity any longer in the middle of the 19th century.

So inhabitants in say Hijaz were loyal to the Sharif of Makkah. Inhabitants of Ha'il to the House of Rasheed etc.

Pakistan's "war of independence" was mostly fought on paper. By people like Muhammad Ali Jinnah and similar political figures. The Brits left South Asia without a fight immediately prior. So there was no "war of independence".

What occurred back in the 1850's was unsuccessful resistance against the Brits (who only numbered a few 1000 people) and their East Indian Company monopoly (economic). Some regions were likely more independent than others.

It is not comparable with say the Turkish Independence War for instance or in case of a indigenous unification, KSA (unification of KSA).

A more fitting comparison would be one evolving around revolts. For instance like the Iraqi revolt against the Brits in 1920. Many of those "Brits" were actually South Asian Soldiers fighting under the British Raj.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_revolt_against_the_British

@SALMAN F

I am sorry but Thats what usually needed to rule over the Sub continent.

Same as Arabia.

Arabia was never ruled by any Westerners or foreigners other than fringe regions such as what constitutes modern-day UAE, tiny Qatar, tiny Bahrain and tiny Kuwait and Aden city.

Nobody is denying the power of the British Empire back then (foremost superpower) but it was/is remarkable that such a few number of people could conquer such a large region (South Asia) that was not only large but also very populous as today where it is home to almost 25% of the world's population.

My previous non-controversial and factual points remain my friend so let us end it here.

Arabia was never ruled by any Westerners or foreigners other than fringe regions such as what constitutes modern-day UAE, tiny Qatar, tiny Bahrain and tiny Kuwait and Aden city.

Nobody is denying the power of the British Empire back then (foremost superpower) but it was/is remarkable that such a few number of people could conquer such a large region (South Asia) that was not only large but also very populous as today where it is home to almost 25% of the world's population.

My previous non-controversial and factual points remain my friend so let us end it here.

I am Not denying any of your claims.

But a struggle is a struggle. Even against a mighty force. Like its the 10th muharram. Husseyns struggle inspired the 1857 revolt.

He was an Arab

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom