What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

I don't think that SANG would equipped there soldiers with a civilian variant

Thats not what i have implied. It could be just a SANG trooper with his own weapon. Lets see as more pix will come out in the future. FN-SCAR H is certainly a very good rifle by all means.

Thats not what i have implied. It could be just a SANG trooper with his own weapon. Lets see as more pix will come out in the future. FN-SCAR H is certainly a very good rifle by all means.

It's impossible to get a Scar in Saudi Arabia. As you said there will be other pictures in the future

nd3c6b.jpg

2lborr9.jpg

2z9fdox.jpg

34673vo.jpg

Hi,
I would like to know if you have information concerning projects led by the saudi defense industry to design their own weapons ? I saw on websites that many armored vehicles have already been built but are there other things and do you think there is a real will from government to design their own weapons or they just want to rely on foreign weapons ? Thanks

If you are talking about Original Design that is very scarce as of now, Saudi Arabia is taking the military industrialization approach of the German Empire in 1863, and the Japanese Menji period Model, in which the majority of weapons are taken from foreign designs and produced in house (Production under license as it is called now). In the Small Arms front Saudi Arabia is currently producing the G-36 of all its variants as well as a home made modification to the G-3 for the Squad Marksman role.

In the Explosive and ordinance departments, Saudi Arabia is currently self-sufficient in Mortar, Howitzer, Hand Grenades, Training Air Force Bombs,the GBU-10 and GBU-12, Special Operation explosives (C-4, simtex etc.). And needless to say of course all types of Small Arms ammunition used by any branch of the military or internal security.

Saudi Arabia is currently experimenting with different types of APCs, MRAPs, Tracked Vehicles (I don't know why), UAVs and Special Purpose Helicopters.

Back
Top Bottom